Glen Waverley Sat. 7:30-10:00pm Titan Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by ashley, Jun 1, 2006.

1. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Not wanting to be a whinging POM like Carl .. but I have 2 complaint to make ...

First complaint, they provided food for us line judges .. like pies and pasties … but no sauces .. that’s just criminal. :cool:

The second complaint relates to health and safety … I found out the hard way that the first aids around will only treat players and not officials .. an outrage. :mad:
    As a line judge having to sit for long periods on those uncomfortable plastic seats, its common to get buttock soreness … and as the only first aid on duty … Jun had no right refusing when clearly I was in need of ointment to be rubbed onto the sore spots to allow me to continue my important duty as a line judge ;)… Loh Poke needs to speak to her about this :D

2. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Australian Yonex Grand Prix souvenir

check.jpg

Got me a souvenir from the Yonex Grand Prix :) .. its better then a trophy.
    Might try and check it in tomorrow at the bank.

Note: Due to my on going attempt at trophy hunting .. my identy must be protected :D

3. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    To help tournament organisers identify this most notorious Trophy Hunter I have provided the original picture.

check01.jpg

4. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Line Judge of the year :)

You're not line judge of the year. Where is your certificate stating your official position as line judge. I will not accept anything less than an official document signed by the President of Badminton Victoria, Loke Poh, himself.

5. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    ... In Your face monkey Ashley ... i did get a certificate validating my line judging credentials :D ... sign by Badminton Australia's President herself Geraldine Brown ... whom in the structure of things is Loke Poh's boss :)

Now as an ordained line judge no one can ever dispute my out calls anymore .. else I'll slap them good with my line judge certificate :)

6. ShyYen

ShyYen Regular Member

BadmintonHolic
    How many Titan's are making the trip to Adelaid to trophy hunt or is it a one man mission?

7. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    *** TROUBLE MAKER ***
    At it again shy .. stop spreading false rumours .... no ones going to Adelaide to trophy hunt ... no one at all .. got that buster :cool:

8. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    hahahahah! monkey:eek:

9. N4ruto

N4ruto Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi,
    I am new to Melbourne. Your club sounds interesting to me. Being new here, I might need a lift home after the game. I stayed in Clayton. Is that possible?

10. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Rule of getting a lift home are as follow ......

If you're female and pretty, I'll drive you home.
    If you're male and pretty, Carl will drive you home

... all others can get a lift from Ashley :D

P.S. The only thing that should interest you at Titan is a Carl ... he's a meracle of nature .. a POM that can play sport :)

11. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Hi N4ruto,

I have found someone to give you a lift home. His name is Andrew, also from Malaysia like yourself. I will introduce you to him on the night. Ask for me when you arrive.

Ashley

12. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    I think our club is the home away from home Malaysia club :p

PS - must be good player like us:cool:

13. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Adelaide Trip

We came, we saw, we conquered Adelaide :)

SAus.jpg
    Anthony and me, amongst unexpecting South Australians

SABGrade.jpg
    Another trophy added to our collection :D

We will post more pictures and stories from the trip in the coming days.
    Needless to say Anthony and I have badminton bans place on us in 2 states now ... luckily Australia still has 4 states and 2 territories that havent met us yet .. yet being the key word ;)

14. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Even I am impressed by your Trophy Hunting skills. Going all the way to SA to get a trophy.

We should add this event to our Titans calendar next year. A few people have already expressed their interest in going to SA and stopping you getting any more trophies.

15. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Yes this could be the world's greatest trophy hunting exercise. To make a 1450km round trip and in the end we only needed to play 4 doubles matches:D

There are many many stories of this roadtrip, all of which will pass into legend of Vien & Anthony's excellent adventure :p

Beware all states of Australia (and even New Zealand)!!;)

16. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Yeap .. heres my advert for the SA trip

Petrol for going to Adelaide $50
    2 night accomidation at a beach view motel $100
    Entry fee $50
    Korean BBQ restaurant $50
    New pair of Yonex 101 limited edition $190
    Watching Anthony trying to tell lesbian jokes to lesbians ... priceless :)

17. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    What can i say going to S.A was better for me then going to Ballarat :)
    Cost $5000+ for Ballarat with no trophy to show.
    Cost only $500 for S.A. and got a trophy, also left many defeated and shattered opponents in my wake :)

The only bad thing from the trip .. the motel bed, couldnt sleep on it, blanket to tightly tugged into the mattress, pillow hard as .. and also bad food from a petrol station store gave me the run on the friday night, only managed 1 hour sleep before the saturday games .. yet still able to kick me some interstate butt :D

18. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    TOO MUCH DETAIL! And I was the poor guy sharing that toilet :crying:

The only bad thing from the trip .. the motel bed, couldnt sleep on it, blanket to tightly tugged into the mattress, pillow hard as .. and also bad food from a petrol station store gave me the run on the friday night, only managed 1 hour sleep before the saturday games .. yet still able to kick me some interstate butt :D[/quote]

19. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Grrrrrrrr:mad: NEXT time, 'someone' can WARN me:

1. I am telling jokes to the wrong audience who are about to lynch me:crying:
    2. Paying ridiculous amounts of money for some tiny bites of Korean food in a DESERTED restaurant:(
    3. SA oceans are actually $%#@ FREEZING COLD at nighttime in winter:eek:

20. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    The Story

It all started with two noble and brave Victorian adventurers setting out to bring civility to the savages of South Australia.

Not phased by the disaster of our last road trip, we once again geared up and hit the open road in my Toyota Camery with its new engine …. with full engine oil this time.

50km out of Melbourne we reached our first milestone … the break down point of our last badminton endeavour.

trip1.jpg

Shortly after that we made our first stop for lunch at a country town, and tried our luck at this lottery place with a few quick picks … unfortunately the best we got was 2 numbers and 1 sub

trip2.jpg

As the blanket of night draped over us, the radio coverage fading away and Anthony’s hill billy tune humming intensify. Call it youthful curiosity or call long distance boredom madness but we decided to take a detour south to a place marked “Green Swamp” on the map.
    After many miles driving along a narrowed dirt track, we reached the mysterious green swamp …. Which by all account was just a small grass paddock. Let our mistake be a communal lesson .. green swamp is not worth a detour.

trip2a.jpg

Below a quick snap of my eBay purchase GPS that got us to Adelaide, at the half way point.

trip2b.jpg

Our journey brings us to the gates of hell …

trip3.jpg

And in this hellish place call South Australia, there were giant Koala with glowing red eyes, and this the 8th wonder of the world … the jewel of South Australia … wow .. be prepared to be amazed and in awed … a jeep on a pole.

trip4.jpg

The place we stayed at …

trip5.jpg

The beach opposite the accommodation with the freezing cold water that we dipped our feet in after Saturdays competition as part of the recovery process… which was extremely painful but actually worked.

trip6.jpg

Anthony outside the badminton stadium

trip7.jpg

Us inside the stadium amongst all those natives of South Australia … and everything we’ve heard about them are true they did have two heads and tail.
    Photo was taken by Ann who was the first familiar face we recognise inside the stadium .. and judging by her greeting of “What the hell are you two idiots doing here?” shows that she was obviously very happy and excited to see us.

[​IMG]

In between games whilst browsing around we uncovered a dark secret about our Monash uni friend Jun, she’s one of them, a South Australian .. it does explains a lot of things about her … and to think a week ago at the Yonex Gran Prix I almost had her rubbing ointment on me … to think I almost had a South Australian touch me .. the germs and disease I could of contracted J

trip9.jpg

Us collecting our winner’s trophy before leaving the South Australia on Sunday

trip10.jpg

Omission:
    To keep this posting PG and to protect Anthony from his wife vengeance, the following part of the trip was omitted.

What we did Saturday night when we went to Adelaide City for dinner and the trip back.

But if you guys are interested just quietly ask us about..how Anthony making enemies with a lesbot gang, Elephant girl, my fail attempt at hooking up with Valez, the Korean BBQ dinner, the dancing blonde in the car park, the mini skirt feast at the milk shake place, our encounter with the Russian mafia, Anthony’s get rich quick schemes/scams, the steam in the car, the food poisoning…. Heck this has been one full on trip

#480 vienb, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009