Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. sen

sen Regular Member

KKK with Bodin ?

Bad boys bad boys, what cha gonna do ?

If they play together, maybe that will be their theme song

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Of course. If you post something that goes past thresholds, the moderators are at liberty delete it and the posts that refer to it.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    that wasn't even nasty:D

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    koo kien kiat as malaysia most succesful md since millennium(correct me if i am wrong) left bam.
    KKK had the most WC medals(5,4 in md,1 in XD) in malaysia history.
    won 1 all england title.
    won 1 gold and one silver in asian games.
    won 21 out if 33 final.(exclude CWG and Sea Games)

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    maybe cheah soon kit can better him ?

but i thnk not...

koo was brilliant in his younger days...

6. SibugiChai

YAB
    1656421_642323922471777_426459435_n.jpg tan boon heong also wanna go... goobyee

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol~~~i dont think tbh will leave
    unless bam decide to ask him partner with youngster,he wont agree.

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Would you mind giving a quick summary of the points of the article for those who don't know Bahasa? It would be very helpful. :) Thanks

#2608 Cheung, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  9. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Can't read much though.... but the headline says "I ALSO WANT TO QUIT BAM - Boon Heong says he will follow KKK if their status is still a puzzle/riddle"

10. ZeroSOFInfinity

Yeah.... and most (if not all of them) were done before 2008-2009..... imagine if he had kept his form and not go partying all the time?

11. SibugiChai

YAB
    BAM accept Kien Keat's resignation

BY KNG ZHENG GUAN AND MERVIN MENON

[​IMG]Koo Kien Keat waving goodbye to members of the media before leaving the Badminton Association of Malaysia's office. The BAM say they will welcome him back with open arms should he choose to return to contribute in any form.

PETALING JAYA: Doubles shuttler Koo Kien Keat has the blessings of the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) to leave the fold.

The 28-year-old Kien Keat had experienced poor form with partner Tan Boon Heong and submitted his resignation on Feb 21.

And on Friday, BAM deputy president Datuk Norza Zakaria, who was given the mandate to chair the decision, acknowledged that Kien Keat’s resignation had been accepted.

Despite coming under heavy criticism over the past few months, Kien Keat leaves the national team with no hard feelings and promises a return in the near future.

“I’m not leaving BAM because I have issues with anyone or because of any feeling of dissatisfaction with any party in the association,” said Kien Keat, who won the Asian Games gold medal in 2006, All-England in 2007, and made the World Championships final in 2010 with Boon Heong.

“It was a tough decision to make, but given that I am about to become a father, I had to put my family first. I’m aware that there has been a lot of criticism aimed at me and I don’t want my family to be affected by it ... which is why I am leaving.

“But I will not be walking away from badminton just yet. Right now, I have a one-month break with my family but I will definitely be back soon.

“As for becoming a professional player, we will see. I do not have any partners right now though.

“It’s definitely sad to part ways with Boon Heong though, especially since we have been through so much together. But as an athlete, sometimes you just have to make the hard but correct decisions.

“I also wish that all the younger players will continue to work hard and strive to emulate (Lee) Chong Wei. They need to know that it can be easy to be a champion, but it’s hard trying to maintain that kind of level,” added Kien Keat.
    Meanwhile Norza said that Kien Keat will be welcomed back with open arms by the BAM if he wishes to contribute in any form, such as mentoring the younger players.

“Kien Keat has contributed a lot to badminton in this country and although we are sad to let him go, we feel that this is the best way to handle the matter,” said Norza.

“We respect his decision because he did so on a good note and he will always be considered a legend in the badminton fraternity here.

“But if Kien Keat wants to make a comeback some day, through mentoring the next generation of players, we will gladly welcome him back with open arms.”

Kien Keat’s departure also means Malaysia will be short on quality talent in the doubles department, with only world No. 8 Hoon Thien How-Tan Wee Kiong and world No. 14 Goh V Shem-Lim Khim Wah left to hold the fort.

With the Thomas Cup looming in May, Norza also said that it was imperative for the coaches to decide on Boon Heong’s new partner as soon as possible.

“We leave it to the coaches, but we’ll tell them not to waste too much time or allow Boon Heong to become idle,” said Norza.

“We are also open to suggestions on how to improve the current set-up. But in the meantime, we will just do the best with what we have at the Thomas Cup.”

#2611 SibugiChai, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    can u resist not to spend the million jackpot u won? in maybe 3 years?;)

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  14. SibugiChai

YAB
  15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    kkk target=multi millionaire
    lcw target=multi billionaire
    :cool:

16. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

both read Rich Dad Poor Dad very well...

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

SibugiChai ignore me :(:crying:

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

While Prime Minister's wife Rosmah Mansor has been ever so busy with her hobby, badminton, BN Kajang by-election candidate Chew Mei Fun too enjoyed a moment with the game despite her hectic schedule.

[​IMG]In a friendly match held last night at a badminton hall in Sungai Chua, Kajang, Chew and former shuttler Khoo Kien Keat had teamed-up to beat a BN youth duo in a close fight of 21-19.

"It was won by Chew Mei Fun," said Chong Sin Woon, who chose Khairy Azwan Harun as partner and lost to the newly-formed 'Diamond Pair'.

The match, organised by BN Youth, was quick to draw the attention of others playing in adjacent arenas, gathering to watch the match.

Chew, who was rushing for two ceramah in Kajang, didn't speak with the media.

She had a total of eight programmes in the town yesterday, a schedule as tight and busy as any candidate going full force to gain victory.

Sportsmen turned election draw

This is the second time that Khoo had reportedly attended a function in connection with a by-election.

[​IMG]The first was in Machap in 2007 after he and his partner, Tan Boon Heong, had won fame by becoming Asian Games champion in 2006 and that of the all England Open in March 2007.

The duo had reportedly complaining about the lack of time for training as they had to attend to outside activities, including going to Machap.

And Khoo's former team-mate Lee Chong Wei, had go to Perak to lent support to his friend, Ling Hee Long, fielded in the Gopeng parliamentary constituency in the 2008 general elections.

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/255753

This site only paid subsribers can read the full article
    The lady is from MCA, candidate for Kajang, Selangor by-election for state assembly seat. She is up against opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, hence big news.
    Now KKK quit BAM, he's seen as politcal compaign ..errr... t
    ool

20. ZeroSOFInfinity

^^^
    You are shitting me, right? KKK :mad: