elite back up/back up player 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Very fair statement... I think many powerhouses are also facing the same problem... Peter Gade for Denmark, Taufik for INA, ParkSH for Korea, LCW for Msia, Nguyen for Vietnam, Boonsak for Thailand, etc...

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

ok, hope he can fare well in XD category ok?:)all the best then

Peng Soon finally finds his focus

PETALING JAYA: It took him some time but Chan Peng Soon has finally decided to give his undivided attention to the mixed doubles.
    And his commitment to focus on one event may help him go far in the All-England with partner Goh Liu Ying.
    Peng Soon-Liu Ying will take on Indonesia’s new combination Tantowi Ahmad-Lilyana Natsir in the opening round in Birmingham today.
    Peng Soon said that he had decided to place priority on the mixed doubles after the event was included in the 2012 Road to London programme.
    “Liu Ying and I now have a target to achieve. We know where we are heading and the ultimate goal is to qualify and do well in the Olympics next year,” said Peng Soon.
    The Penangite admitted that he struggled to give up full attention on the men’s doubles.
    “I love playing the men’s doubles too. I was determined to prove that I could juggle between two events but honestly, the chances are better for me in the mixed right now. It is quite competitive in the men’s doubles,” he said.
    “I am playing with (Lim) Khim Wah in the men’s doubles at the All-England but this probably will be my last outing with him.”
    Khim Wah will partner Goh Wei Shem after the European stint. Wei Shem is without a partner following the absence of Teo Kok Siang because of a knee injury.
    The 21-year-old Peng Soon has done well with Liu Ying over the last two years under the charge of coach Jeremy Gan.
    The duo scored a first for Malaysia when they emerged as the winners in the Asian championships last year.
    Currently, they are more mature in their game and are able to give the top pairs a run for their money.
    “We will face a strong Indonesian pair in the opening round in Birmingham. It will not be easy but hopefully, Liu Ying and I can pull off an upset,” said Peng Soon.

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

So, it's probably fixed. Lim Khim Wah will partner with Goh Wei Shem, which I honestly think isn't too bad. Now, this leaves three players among the three pairs (Chan Peng Soon will be gone now, so it's only 5 among them): Mak Hee Chun, Tan Wee Kiong, and Teo Kok Siang. Mak Hee Chun and Tan Wee Kiong got problems with each other... so... who will be the odd one out after Teo Kok Siang recovers from injury?

4. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/39enguse-2/Article

Badminton / All England: Mixed fortune for pairs

MEN'S doubles Zakry Latif-Hoon Thien How got off to a decent start in the All England but compatriots Fairuzizuan Tazari-Ong Soon Hock suffered an early exit at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham yesterday.

Zakry-Thien How, who played in the qualifying rounds on Tuesday, defeated seventh seeds Fang Chieh Min-Lee Sheng Mu of Taiwan 21-14, 21-19 in 27 minutes yesterday.

They will meet either compatriots Mak Hee Chun-Tan Wee Kiong or Japan's Hiroyuki Endo-Kenichi Hayakawa, who were involved in a late first round tie last night, in the second round.

Fairuz-Soon Hock found the going tough against Indonesia No 2 Muhammad Ahsan-Bona Septano and suffered a 21-10, 19-21, 21-14 defeat in the first round.

Top national pair Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong played a late first round match against Russians Vitalij Durkin-Alexandr Nikolaenko.

Back-up pair Chan Peng Soon-Lim Khim Wah faced a tough encounter with Olympic champions Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan of Indonesia while Gan Teik Chai-Tan Bin Shen met India's Rupesh Kumar-Sanave Thomas.

5. undeadshot

Congratulations to Hoon Thien How/Zakry for reaching the quarter-finals of the All-England... after a string of terrible performances, they finally performed! :D

6. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    they beat Hayakawa & Endo in rubber game just now ~~

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    for sure they dont belong to back up squad;)

8. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Next, hth/mz to beat the Danes, nothing is impossible :)

I wonder how will the third game fair if, say cps/lkh could beat mk/hs in the 2nd game,

it was so close 25-23 :D

9. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/11/sports/8235969&sec=sports

Zakry-Thien How, Kien Keat-Boon Heong in last eight

PETALING JAYA: There was an unexpected double joy for Malaysia when two men’s pairs marched into the quarter-finals of the All-England badminton championships on a day when hot favourites Jung Jae-sung-Lee Yong-dae of South Korea were dumped in Birmingham.

Yesterday, qualifiers Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif-Hoon Thien How continued with their gallant run to join former champions and compatriots Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong in the last eight.

Zakry-Thien How fought tooth and nail to overcome gutsy Japanese Hiroyuki Endo-Kenichi Hayakawa for a deserving 12-21, 21-14, 21-19 win.

Said Zakry: “This is our second big win in this tournament. We are very motivated to continue with our good run here.

They will take on Mathias Boe-Carsten Mogensen next.

10. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

LOL..CWF just lost to Spain player, Pablo in straight game !............still skipping training ?? like Arif did !!

#870 jasonmarc, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  11. undeadshot

As for who should be sent to the Badminton Asian Championships, I say stop all from going except Arif, Goh Soon Huat and put in some other younger players like Iskandar...!

12. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LOL Spain player? wow... very "geng" wor.... coz they won the World Cup 2010.... LOL BOLEH?

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, very geng one, they won World Cup without using their hands............lol

14. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    i agree with u on this... expose the youngster...

15. Bugsy

Bugsy Regular Member

That's embarassing!! It's like Spanish U23 football team losing to their Malaysian counterparts

16. Bugsy

Bugsy Regular Member

MAS back up singles..first Arif Latiff was mentioned (that's why he was chosen for TC 2008), then CWF , TCS (TC 2010), LD (AG2010)..and now Ariff seems to be back in favour. they don't seem to get it right each time..sigh

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    good explanation... infact spain u23 should win by at least 3-0

18. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    cant disagree with u.. :) im sure the elite player feels the pressure once they have been choosen for any team assignment.... pressure to deliver a good result when the score tied at 2-2... and yet again, they failed... for me, this shows that they are really mentally weak on handling pressure... the skills arent that far from other player, it's just their confidence and mental are not strong enough... they need to go national service i guess... hahaha LOL:D

#878 TheSmasherKing, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    ..and that Spanish player also beat HH. He's probably good.

20. undeadshot

Wait a second... is HH good? :confused:

:p:p:p