Zulfadli Zulkifli

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Dec 18, 2010.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    This interesting thing about Zulfadli Zulkifli is that he wishes to be independent

This interesting thing about Zulfadli Zulkifli is that he wishes to do it his way - independent from BAM.

About whether he will perform well in future tournaments or not, we have to wait and see.

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    To be truly independent, Zulfadli Zulkifli must have nothing to do with BAM or to use any our BAM's resources including facilities, sparring partners, administrative support services, etc., etc.
    Also to be above board and to avoid any complaints of favoritism he must fight for a place in the country's Thomas Cup two remaining singles. He against all the others (except LCW) in a round robin selection elimination series of matches. Only the two players with the highest winning points get selected. If he fails to make it then he can come back the next year to qualify. If he makes it then going independent for him does work.
    Now, we have to see which is better. Nothing better and fairer than this.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    have u ever watch zulfadli match?

do bam really have a round robin match for selection?seriously?

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree. ZZ thinks well but he wants to get on the fast track with the help of LCW. What he should do is ask LCW how he has managed to reach his level ( and still improving) without top class teammates. For a start, maybe he could try to take two or three sparring partners at one go. As for YKB, part of his problem was not having the right coach at the right time.

5. julianng

julianng Regular Member

I have watch a few of his match online.

Do you have any video clip or links for his match ? (particularly the final in WJC 2011)

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    how u rate him then?
    no,i never download his matches

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I would rate him behind Daren, Arif, CWF, Alamshah, Hayom, etc. He definitely knows how to defeat Viktor A but Viktor A is definitely better overall than him, just based on how many upsets he has delivered on the senior circuit. A WJC is like a top primary school student. A SS champion is like a top university student.I m not trying to downplay the WJC status but essentially a WJC title is great for the resume ; it helps get attention and opportunities. LCW gets to where he is because he works on what he s gifted and takes no short cuts. That s why LCW is so consistent now that only rote trained players have a chance to defeat him( which turns to nil once LCW changes his syllabus constantly). If you backpack your way to a destination, you are gonna know more and be richer for the experience than one who gets chauffeured, although it takes a lot longer to arrive. I would give ZZ five years to win a SS title, three if he takes a journey like LCW.

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

9. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Dude....Like What the F*ck.

This kid though I haven't seen many of his match videos to judge how good/talented he is, this guy not long ago created history by adding a Malaysian name on the list of junior champions for MS.

A sound of promising prodigy who won both Asian and World Junior Championship which even Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei didn't manage to capture at his age turned to mute by BAM just because he is inexperienced ??

When the f*ck are you going to learn BAM ????!! So kiasu and Kiasi to max until you put other players' prospects at risk. It's people like you tards that cause players like Kuan Beng Hong, Arif etc to fade so quickly..

Take for example, Kuan Beng Hong yes I agree he was a big flop for a debutant but you guys plus Lee Chong Wei don't have to go extra miles to take his as a scapegoat to be blamed for the Thomas Cup exit. When you had the chance to field young Arif to compete in the Thomas Cup in the third MS slot, it didn't happen and now he is another washed out player with no hope because nobody wanted to feed them with experience and confidence at the expense of their hopeless position and reputation.

That concludes how retarded the association is and you are blooody lucky to have politically corrupted Lee Chong Wei to save your backsides, but it wont be any longer once I and everybody on TV watch how humiliating and degrading Malaysia team was in the qualifiers..

Can't to wait to see Team Malaysia by BAM to fail to qualify for the Thomas Cup for the first time in the history of Malaysia badminton HAHAHAHAH

10. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    let this kid breath. this kid is too young & need more exposure.He's very lucky not to train under BAM, but he needs a quality sparring partners like LCW in order to boost his performance.

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Maybe it is time for Grandpa Misbun to raise this kid?? deng deng deng.. aha... ;)

so who want to be the first to ask misbun to coach him? ;)

I notice lots of youngsters likes to play high percentage risky shots. eg netting and hitting to the side lines wasting points. ;) I'll smack on their heads if they continue to give silly points away in training or real games.

#491 extremenanopowe, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    ZZ's international performance as indicated above is nothing to shout about.

So some quarters here want him to be included in the forthcoming Thomas Cup. On merit alone he can't even get past most of the current National squad players so where is the justification for him to be included? And 'independent' HH is included because he is considered to be better than all the rest except LCW.

So Chris' frequent rhetoric that BAM is biased against independent players should be thrown out of the window once and for all.

I agree that since ZZ chose to remain 'independent' with KLRC, he should not count on BAM to help him at all. He and some others here should not insist that BAM should release LCW to spar with him. He has to prove he can succeed without BAM.

Talking about being 'independent' ZZ's current relationship with KLRC cannot be considered as such. To me, being independent means you don't rely on anybody but yourself to get everything done.

In that sense, the so-called 'independent' players that are tied to the clubs in Indonesia are not strictly independent. They have also to abide by the rules of the clubs before they get their pay checks or allowances.

Perhaps in badminton Taufik Hidayat is the true independent player.

Like most of his counterparts in tennis, I guess he has to arrange everything himself - from engaging a coach to arranging for flight and accommodation to his next tournament.

So please don't tell me that ZZ is an independent player that has been acclaimed so often here.

#492 Loh, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  13. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    I have high hopes for ZZ, but I have to admit he has a long way to go. In my earlier post, I mentioned that his head to head record against BAM senior players is not in his favour yet. MAS TC team cant afford to give experience and exposure to ANY players because sadly as we all aware MAS team is WEAK.

ZZ shouldn't feel gutted too much about not joining the TC team, at the time being he should just focus on winning smaller senior level tournaments, and keep trying to muscle his way out of qualification rounds in SS (before he can do that, he needs to improve his ranking first).

The 'dont count your chickens before they hatch' thing? Leave it to BC members :p
    ZZ, especially his father Mr Zulkiffli Sidek, should just focus to improve ZZ's game and ranking. If all goes well, BAM will come to ZZ.

14. extremenanopowe

ok ok.. bring zz to singapore. We'll treat him like a King... lol. A gem. ;)

15. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Yes, why not? TH tried to do it once sometime ago, even insisting on bringing his own baggage (personal coach) along.
    Perhaps ZZ can try the same thing, including bringing his father as a personal coach, and see if Singapore will take him in. This might send a shock to BAM who would then be forced to give ZZ preferential treatment.

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Yes, why not? TH tried to do it once sometime ago, even insisting on bringing his own baggage (personal coach) along.
    Perhaps ZZ can try the same thing, including bringing his father as a personal coach, and see if Singapore will take him in. This might send a shock to BAM who would then be forced to give ZZ preferential treatment.

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Ho Ho, so the 'supreme power' is trying to lure SIN into the dispute. Good try for one who is not even a Singaporean although he used the pronoun "we".

I think SIN has now in place a program to develop our own youngsters. We can do with less problems.

18. extremenanopowe

Any problem with we? Discrimination to SPR or FT huh? Sports School no SPR or FT? ;) lol

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    This is not discrimination in the real sense of the word. Just that that if you are not a Singaporean you should not try to speak on our behalf, especially on sensitive issues.

Even as a Singaporean I would not even try to act on behalf of the SBA. You are treating such matters rather lightly without second thoughts.

PRs in Singapore are there on a mutually beneficial basis. As long as work is available in Singapore and they are satisfied with the terms and conditions of their employment, then they will remain, otherwise they will return to their home countries or elsewhere. To them Singapore is a just a temporary residence unless they decide to become citizens with Singapore's concurence.

Students are entirely a different category. We welcome foreign students and even provide scholarships to promising ASEAN students. We even have a few students in our Sports School but places are limited as preference is given to our own citizens who qualify.

So non-Singapore citizens ought to behave in a more appropriate manner especially on sensitive issues, particularly involving neighboring countries.

20. extremenanopowe

wow, i am touched. better don't bother to even think about it you are not a singaporean. ;)

lucky for malaysian. considered you have a free voice.

are there a singaporean agreeing to zz joining in? ;)