Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Racqman

Racqman Regular Member

I have the 3U VT80, it's certainly a power smash weapon for its head heavy.

Forehand & backhand clear just so easy without much effort.

Anyhow, to me, i wouldnt buy racquet spec too alike cos it's limit my potential to play.

If I already had a 4U head heavy, then I might buy a 3U head heavy.

2. :renegade:

:renegade: Regular Member

Hi,
    Play with my VT80 for second time on 2 hours session last Sunday. But this time I put an overgrip on it. Somehow the feeling is different; maybe G5 grip is very small to me. I noticed that my VT80 feel lighter. Maybe by adding overgrip it transfers the weight to the grip and the head feel lighter. Any comment?
    Overall after 2 hours session, my defence is improving. 2 times my drop shot hit the net before went to opponent court. I tried to slice the shuttle at the net, and the result is great.

3. jokarenshum

jokarenshum Regular Member

Overgrip eh? Let me try. I still feel tired with my hand, though control is fine.

4. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Thanks for your reply.

At900P is ideal for hard hitters and find these kinds of rackets hurt my arm, just recovered from tennis elbow recently, been playing for 20 years, so don't want to risk it.

I'm both at doubles; when shots dictate, though I'm not known for my big smash but known for technical and strategy shots. I tried Nanospeed 9900, didn't like it all. I guess I like med-stiff rackets, so that could mean V70 or 900T. I'm sure either of these two could generate more power than Arc 10.

5. soomt

soomt Regular Member

completely agree. woke up this morning with a sore arm but BIG smile.

tried my voltric80 for the first time last nite and went into a "smash happy" mode at the back of the court.

great racket but like all stiff racket, player swing speed has to be as fast to make good use of it.

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @ London Player
    If thats was the case. You are right either VT70 or AT900T could generate more power than Arc 10.
    All the best on your search..

7. bigdawwg

bigdawwg New Member

i broke my zslash last week and now i played two times with the vt 80 string bg 66 um. 10,5 kg ( 23,15 lb) - i love the voltric vt 80

8. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Sold my zlash to a friend recently but damn i missed it like hell!!! will the VT80 make me forget my zslash, for real!!??

9. bogensaebel

bogensaebel Regular Member

student
    I instantly forgot my Z-Slash once I own it lol

10. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    Will do so. I've already put in an order so hopefully I'll get it within a week or so.

I have to admit that at first, I hate the look of the racket in pictures, but when I see the racket outside. I think it rather looks pretty good.

11. :renegade:

:renegade: Regular Member

12. druss

druss Regular Member

phonetically the left bar says head heavy - head light and underneath it says balance not sure what the word on the right graph is but I'm assuming stiffness (sorry my vocab sucks)

13. Lindanftw

Lindanftw Regular Member

14. Lindanftw

Lindanftw Regular Member

how would you guys say the vt 80 compared to the woods n90 ii?? oh and is the only difference between the ii and the i the looks and the signature on the shaft of the racket?

15. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

There's just no way a decent player (let alone a professional player) should react so "enthusiastically" to a badminton racket. Don't get me wrong, I'm enthusiastic with my own rackets too, but not to the extent of saying it's the "holy grail" of all rackets or imply that my level of play improves by 10-fold. If your level of play improves so much with a racket, most likely you are one or more of the following:
    1. Technically unsound.
    2. Using a "low-end" racket before.
    3. Marketing the racket because you are sponsored by the brand of the racket.

Not to hijack the thread, but in my opinion, if you gave Lee Chong Wei an Apacs Lethal 60/70 or Tantrum 200/300 to practise and play with, he would still have most likely won the All England Open Final against Lin Dan. Who knows, he might have performed even better...

16. druss

druss Regular Member

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Players or professionals can react subjectively. Paul is a highly respected member of BC, and I hasten to say, I have never met him or spoken to him personally. He was asked for his opinion; he gave it. You may not necessarily agree, but he has given his honest opinion. His turn of phrase was to drive home the point about how highly he thinks of this racquet. He has always been very clear about his relationship with Yonex, and always at pains to point out that it does not affect his opinions/reviews.

I think it is more than a bit unfair to cast aspersions on the integrity of a person the way you just did. Besides, your first sentence kinda implies a higher moral code of appreciation that you are aware of that maybe we are not.

Your point about the Apacs etc is however, well taken. :) Though again, we will never know, will we?

18. niGht kiD

niGht kiD Regular Member

19. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Exactly, and that's how I've reacted to his review - subjectively, but perhaps with an element of bias (whether intentional or not).

20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

And an english coach, not an England coach ...