Wong Pei Tty & Chin Eei Hui

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ahwp1990, Jun 23, 2006.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Saturday April 16, 2011
    Wong on top of the world after landing ticket to World Championships
    Pei Tty returns from injury and books ticket to London
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: Doubles shuttler Wong Pei Tty’s impressive comeback at the recent Australian Open has landed her a surprise ticket to the World Champion-ships.
    Thanks to their second placing in the Grand Prix Gold event in Melbourne last week, Pei Tty and her partner Chin Eei Hui have moved up 26 rungs to the 48th spot in the latest world rankings released on Thursday.
    A country has a better chance of having two pairs in the world meet if both are ranked within the top 64 bracket.
    The other Malaysian pair ahead of Pei Tty-Eei Hui are the Ng sisters – Hui Lin-Hui Ern, who are in 38th spot.
    [​IMG] On the mend: Wong Pei Tty (left) and Chin Eei Hui made it to the final of the Australian Open last week
    Pei Tty can take pride in her achievement as the Australian Open was her first tournament in almost eight months after she took time off to recover from her knee injury.
    Her last tournament prior to her enforced break was the Taiwan Open in May, when she conceded a walkover due to the injury.
    When she began training last month, her main goal was to regain confidence and qualify for next year’s London Olympic Games.
    The one-year qualifying period for the London Games begin in May.
    But the 30-year-old has certainly outdone herself.
    And she could not hide her excitement at having sealed a place for the world meet with Eei Hui just a week before the qualifying period ends.
    The world meet will be held in London from Aug 3-8.
    “I never expected this. I had given up hope of qualifying for the world meet as my goal was to build my partnership with Eei Hui from scratch for the London Games,” said Pei Tty.
    “But our good results in the Australian Open have changed our fortunes. This will give us the confidence to make our way to the top again.”
    Pei Tty said that she was not seeking immediate shot at stardom but looking for a gradual progress to get back into top form by end of June.
    “My legs are still not as strong as I want them to be although we did well to reach the final in Australia. There is still a lot of work to be done,” she said.
    “For now, what is more important is to get back the tournament feeling. The competition will get tougher and tougher from now on and I have to be ready.”
    Pei Tty-Eei Hui’s next tournament is the India Open Super Series from April 26-May 1 in New Delhi.
    “This is our first Super Series event of the year. It will be competitive and hopefully, Eei Hui and I will be able to perform well. We have not set any targets,” she added.
    In the absence of top players from China, Pei Tty-Eei Hui’s challengers will be from Japan, Indonesia and South Korea.
    The Malaysians are drawn in the top half with top seeds Miyuki Maeda-Satoko Suetsuna, sixth seeds Shizuka Matsuo-Mami Naito of Japan, fourth seeds Meiliana Jauhari-Greysia Polii of Indonesia and eighth seeds Jwala Gutta-Ashwini Ponnappa of India.
    Meanwhile, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM)’s secretary Ng Chin Chai was thrilled with Eei Hui-Pei Tty’s qualification for the world meet.
    ”We made the right move to send Eei Hui-Pei Tty to the Australian Open instead of the Kuala Lumpur Open last week. They have shown good progress and we hope that they will slowly move up the ranks again.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/4/16/sports/8492942.asp&sec=sports

2. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

nobody seems to want to talk about them... I find it sad.. even if they are no longer in the top 10.. they are fairly consistent in that they are not in a crazy downward spiral....(unlike that other MD pair). i say ..not a terribly bad outing for them in this year's MO...you go gurrrllllsss!!!!

#402 pajrul, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Their time is near... time to retire and join Wong Mew Choo in the Badminton Hall of Fame.

4. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    hope they'll qualify for London 2012 ..

5. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

They and Vivian/WKW have been in a race for the Olympic slot. They had the kinder draws as of these two back-to-back tournaments, and WKW is injured.

I say that they get the Olympic slot.

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Better retire lah. No more passion and hunger. ;) Let the juniors pick up. Train them up. ;)

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

WKW/Vivien hoo can replace them already..;)

8. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Sunday February 5, 2012
    Eei Hui eyes strong finish at tailend of her career
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: Veteran doubles shuttler Chin Eei Hui is hoping to accomplish two challenging missions as she enters the final stretch of her 10-year journey with the national team.
    The 29-year-old is bent on seeing her partnership with best buddie Wong Pei Tty hit greater heights at the Uber Cup qualifying tournament in Macau (Feb 13-19) and the Olympic Games in London (July 27-Aug 12).
    Eei Hui-Pei Tty are the top ranked pair in the Malaysian Uber Cup team.
    [​IMG] Enduring pair: What a doubles journey it has been for Chin Eei Hui (right) and Wong Pei Tty.
    The duo, who are currently ranked 14th, will have to remain in the top 16 in the next three months if they are to see action at the Olympic Games.
    Eei Hui, who made her international debut with Pei Tty in 2002, knows that her career is at its tailend and she is praying for a strong finish.
    “This is my 10th year with the national team. Pei Tty and I have come a long way ... and what a journey it has been. There have been ups and downs but I don’t think I can go on after the Olympics,” Eei Hui said after a training session at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara yesterday.
    She was thankful, though, that she and Pei Tty had managed to overcome a long list of injuries.
    “I have suffered every possible injury that you can think of all these years. Except for my right hand, I have had treatment for all other parts of my body. That is what badminton has done to me,” said the left-hander.
    “I have withstood all the pain and I aim to persevere until the Olympics.
    “Pei Tty too underwent knee surgery in 2010 and made a stunning comeback last year. She is pushing herself hard as well. It is unfortunate that we have had to face so many challenges in our last year as a pair but we keep on encouraging each other and this is what motivates us to hang in there until the Olympic Games.”
    The duo have certainly done Malaysia proud in the last 10 years – especially in overcoming the much-vaunted Chinese and Korean pairs.
    Eei Hui-Pei Tty also bagged the SEA Games gold medals in 2005 and 2009; won the 2008 Denmark Open and World Superseries Finals; and emerged champions at the 2009 Indonesia Open.
    Eei Hui has also starred in the mixed doubles event, successfully combining with Koo Kien Keat to clinch the gold medal at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in India.
    But there is one “nightmare” she can’t forget.
    “I just cannot erase one painful memory from my mind ... the one where Pei Tty and I lost 0-15, 6-15 to Taiwan’s Cheng Wen-shing-Chien Yu-chin in the 2004 Korean Open.
    “I still can’t believe we were handed a duck in the opening game,” said Eei Hui.
    “We got a tongue-lashing from our coach Cheah Soon Kit then. He lectured us for almost an hour and then withdrew us from the Japan Open. We were kept at home. Then, when we were sent to the Asian Badminton Championships, we were filled with steely determination.
    “We beat the same Taiwanese pair en route to a semi-final finish. From then on, we grew in strength and confidence. We will always be grateful to Soon Kit.”
    On the team’s chances in the Uber Cup qualifiers, Eei Hui acknowledged that it would be difficult “as we are drawn in Group W with top seeds China and India”.
    “China are in a different class all together but we have a 50-50 chance against India. Both our doubles pairs have to win at all costs if we are to have any chance of making the quarter-finals. We need to steal a point from the singles as well,” she said.
    The other pairs in the Uber Cup team are Woon Khe Wei-Vivian Hoo and Lim Yin Loo-Goh Liu Ying. The singles players are Tee Jing Yi, Lydia Cheah, Sannatasah Saniru and Yang Li Lian.
    A good showing at the Uber Cup and several other tournaments – German Open, All-England, Swiss Open, Australia Open, India Open and Asian Badminton Championships – would set Eei Hui-Pei Tty nicely up for a grand finale – at the London Olympics.
    And that would be a fitting farewell indeed.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/2/5/sports/10680756.asp&sec=sports

9. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Media seems to favour the aunties over the younger pair in the race to the Olympics...

10. eaglehelang

[h=1]Eei Hui relishing new role[/h][h=2]
    IT has taken Chin Eei Hui six Uber Cup campaigns to be made captain and she wants to lead Malaysia to the final rounds in Wuhan, China in May.[/h] Coincidentally, it was Eei Hui's long time partner Wong Pei Tty who had captained the Uber Cup squad between 2006 and 2010 and the duo's performance in the qualifying rounds in Macau will determine Malaysia's fate.

Malaysia must beat India in Group A to secure a quarter-final berth as Eei Hui has conceded that China, the other team in their group, are in a different class.

Pei Tty-Eei Hui have beaten their rivals Jwala Gutta-Ashwini Ponnappa on all four previous meetings and another win in the first doubles should virtually seal Malaysia's victory and a place in the last eight.

"This is the first time I will captain the squad and this is also the last as I won't be playing until 2014.

"So, I want my role as captain to be a memorable one by winning a point with Pei Tty and help the team qualify," said Eei Hui.

"We are the two most experienced players in the squad so we must win all our matches if Malaysia are to qualify.

"China are in a class of their own, so we have to deliver against others.

"We have beaten Jwala-Ashwini in all our previous matches but they have been very close.

"It is going to be tough again but we want to win and give Malaysia the advantage."

Eei Hui added: "Our second pair will also be strong.

"It could be either Vivian Hoo-Woon Khe Wei or Goh Liu Ying-Lin Yin Loo but both can win a point and this will reduce the pressure on the singles.

"We hope for one point from either the second or third singles.

"The quarter-finals will be tough as we will be playing either Indonesia or Thailand but we have a chance to upset them.

"Indonesia are strong in their doubles while Thailand have three good singles.

"We don't want to end up in the play-off where we may have to meet stronger teams like Hong Kong or Taiwan, so our best hope is to clear the quarter-finals."

A good performance from Pei Tty-Eei Hui in Macau will also improve their World No 14 ranking and help boost their chances of qualifying for the London Olympics, which is another reason why the veteran pair are all fired up to do well in Macau.

11. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Because, as always they don’t have a clue what they are talking about. As to date, the oldies are 1400 points behind their younger team mates. After the UC prelim the gap will be increased to 3000 points.

It’s almost impossible for them to catch up. Even if they finish 1 round ahead of their team mates at the AE, BAC and India SS will still not be enough. Of course if they manage to win one of them that will be a different story.

12. eaglehelang

WPT/CEH are currently WR#14, they are already up in top 16, they just need to maintain it. WKW/Vivian are WR#19, with WKW injured,harder to work their way up. The youngies are almost 4,000 pts behind the aunties. Plus other WD pairs like the India, German, Holland pairs also fighting hard to get one pair in top 16

#412 eaglehelang, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

That’s because the current ranking points included the pre-qualification period thus gives a wrong impression that they are ahead.

14. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

congratulation to CEH/WPY and their team by beating Team India 3-2 to qualify quarterfinal in Thomas Uber Cup Qualifying Rounds event...!!

15. extremenanopowe

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Woah, u called them 'auntie' already? LOL

17. extremenanopowe

My initial thought was that the Indians may be a little over confident because these pairs were off the charts lately. A lesson learnt. ;)

18. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Condolences to Chin Eei Hui and Family

Excerpt from The Star Online:
    "It was a sad day for national doubles shuttler Chin Eei Hui when she lost her No. 1 fan – her loving father – yesterday.
    The 30-year-old Eei Hui rushed home to Penang after learning that her goldsmith father Chin See Foon, or fondly known as Steven, collapsed and died while playing badminton. He was 64 years old.
    Eei Hui, who was seen laughing and joking just hours before at the ongoing Selangor Open at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara, was totally distraught when she found out about her father’s demise.
    She and her partner Wong Pei Tty then conceded a walkover to Ng Sin Er-Shevon Lai Jemie in the quarter-finals of the women’s doubles event."

RIP Mr Chin See Foon.

Hope the family pulls through...

19. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

RIP Mr. Chin..................

Condolences to Chin's family ...............

20. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Now that Rexy's moving to the PHI, who's gonna take over WS department? Jeremy Gan? Maybe Pang? Im anxious to know, also wondering if any foreign coach willing to take over and deal with BAM's management monkeys...