Wong Pei Tty & Chin Eei Hui

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ahwp1990, Jun 23, 2006.

1. event

event Regular Member

I, too, am very surprised that this prediction was not proven correct. While Hoo and Woon could still pass them again in the next two events, the fact remains that Chin/Wong have already accomplished what recently appeared 'almost impossible'.

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Chin/Wong still the better pair but seems lacking in stamina recently...

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

[h=2]TARGET: Pei Tty-Eei Hui eyeing third consecutive Olympics outing[/h]

WONG Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui aim to become Malaysia's first women's doubles to play in three consecutive Olympics. But to do that, to see action in London on July 27-Aug 12, they need to raise their performance in the Asia Championships in Qingdao, China next week and the India Open on April 24-29.
    A redraw in the Asia Championships has made it difficult for Pei Tty-Eei Hui as they will be up against China's top seeds Tian Qing-Zhao Yunlei in the second round.
    In the initial draw, they had an easier passage, where they had a fighting chance of reaching the semi-finals.
    Pei Tty-Eei Hui, ranked World No 16, will play Russia's Nina Vislova-Valerie Sorokina in the India Open first round before an anticipated meeting with second seeds Mizuki Fujii-Reika Kakiiwa of Japan.
    Pei Tty is optimistic of reaching at least the quarter-finals in India which should help them remain in the top 16 but said much will also depend on how well compatriots Vivian Hoo-Woon Khe Wei, ranked World No 19, fare in both tournaments.
    "Only one pair in the top 16 can qualify for the Olympics and Vivian-Khe Wei also have a chance if they do well in the Asia Championships and India Open. Our target is to reach the quarter-finals and hopefully clinch the sole berth," said Pei Tty.
    "Although we are ranked higher than Vivian-Khe Wei, we cannot take it for granted and we have to do better than them to seal our berth in the Olympics.
    "The resignation of our coach Rexy Mainaky is not going to affect us at this stage as the onus is on us to grab the opportunity and qualify for the Olympics."
    Pei Tty-Eei Hui reached the last eight of the India Open last year and it will be crucial to secure a similar result to avoid a drop in their world ranking and confirm their ticket to the Olympics.
    Lee Chong Wei, men's doubles Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and mixed doubles Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying are virtually assured of their places in the Olympics.
    Tee Jing Yi's chances of qualifying for the women's singles are all but gone after a string of poor results saw her world ranking plunge over the last two weeks from No 49 to No 63.

4. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i really wish they've done their homework before they publish anything!
    in terms of OLY qualification, Tee Jing Yi is as safe as houses.

5. eaglehelang

Ya lah reporters, they didnt look at Badzine DUmmy List.:p
    Btw AlanY, what are WPT/CEH chances ? They need to reach semi in BAC & India? I think if WKW was not injured durig 2012 Msia SS, the younger pair would have gone further in tournaments.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    the quality is really low
    believe me

7. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

If BAM have look into the plight of the WS we would have been able to replace WMC by now.:crying:

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i mean
    the sport reporter quality is really low
    not tee jing yi
    hehe

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

the advantage is still with the youngsters.

for the BAC, their seedings suggested that they both should reach the last 16. then WPT/CEH have the No 1 seed from China and Hoo/Woon have the No 2 Korean pair also looking for their OLY place. It's likely that both wouldn't score any points from this t'ment therefore situation unchanged.

Then, we have the last t'ment in India. WPT/CEH should get into R2 easily, then they probably have N0 2 seed from japan, never easy. Hoo/Woon have the No 8 Singaporean pair in first round and another Korean pair in the second.

if they both won their first round matches, Hoo/Woon will then move ahead by 400 points. Therefore, WPT/CEH need to be one round ahead of the youngsters. If they both won their second round matches then they will play against each other in the QF. Winners take all.

#429 AlanY, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  10. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday April 27, 2012
    BAM name Rosman as women’s and mixed doubles head coach
    KUALA LUMPUR: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) showed faith in the local coaches when they named Rosman Razak as the head coach for the women’s and mixed doubles in place of Indonesian Rexy Mainaky.
    Rexy, the former Olympic and world champion, quit after seven years with the BAM to take up an appointment as director of coaching with the Philippines BA.
    Yesterday, the BAM coaching and training committee, headed by Ng Chin Chai, named Rosman as the replacement with Jeremy Gan and Chong Kien Ling as his assistants. Jeremy will continue to focus on the mixed pair of Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying.
    “We chose Rosman based on his seniority and ability. He has served with the national team for a lone time and has worked with the players before.
    “We used these criteria to pick him,” said Chin Chai.
    Rosman had assisted Rexy when he was in charge of the women’s doubles players.
    “Rosman has the job until the end of the year when the contracts of the coaches are reviewed. Only then will we decide whether to change the coaching structure,” said Chin Chai.
    “We have no plans to engage any foreign coaches this year.”
    Chin Chai said Pang Cheh Chang and Jeremy would have other responsibilities as well.
    “Pang is helping out with the men’s doubles to prepare Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong for the Olympics. Jeremy also has a specific job to handle Peng Soon-Liu Ying, who have a realistic chance to win a medal at the Games,” he added.
    The committee also decided that five players will participate in a month-long selection trial for the national team. They are Tan Chee Tean and Goh Jian Hao (Kedah); Chew Huey Yan (Penang); and Amelia Anscelly, Soong Fie Choo (Sabah).

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/4/27/sports/11188503.asp&sec=sports

Side note : Goh JH & Amelia Anscelly used to be in BAM

11. event

event Regular Member

Well, I didn't see that coming. Two developments in India mean that Malaysia doesn't even get to choose between the two pairs any more. With Jung/Kim in the top 8 and Gutta/Ponnappa ahead of both Malaysians, all they can do is hope for either Australia to abandon Renuga or for an injury to one of the higher-ranked pairs (or two, in the case of Japan, three in the case of Indonesia).

#431 event, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  12. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    WPT/CEH didnt make it to OG12...or am I wrong? Any slight chance BWF offer place for these duo from reserve list?

13. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Wednesday May 2, 2012
    GP Gold tourney may be Pei Tty-Eei Hui’s swan song
    By RAJES PAUL
    JOHOR BARU: Veteran pair Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui are out to relish every moment of what could be their last outing in an international event at home in the Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold starting at the Bandaraya Stadium here today.
    Pei Tty-Eei Hui’s chances of winning an Olympic ticket to London are as good as over after their poor showing at the India Open in New Delhi on Sunday.
    Their names will not be on the qualifiers’ list to be released by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) tomorrow — no thanks to a string of early defeats in the Australian Open, Asian Badminton Championships and the India Open Super Series.
    With nothing much to look forward to, Pei Tty and Eei Hui are expected to announce their retirement in the weeks after the GP Gold.
    The 30-year-old Pei Tty was disappointed that all her efforts with Eei Hui to make their third and final Olympic appearance had ended in vain.
    “This is really frustrating. Eei Hui and I endured so much pain and hard work over the past one year and came so close to making it,” lamented Pei Tty whose career almost ended after she underwent surgery in 2010 for a knee injury.
    But despite an eight-month layoff, she resumed her partnership with Eei Hui and they managed to make steady progress to break into the world’s top 20 again.
    The duo, who are currently ranked world No. 16, are likely to drop to No. 21 after the India Open failure, which will render them ineligible for the London Games. Only the top 16 qualify.
    “I feel like giving up right now as I have nothing more to look forward to. All the sacrifices would have been worth it if we had made it to the Olympics,” she said,
    “I will quit soon and this Malaysian Open GP Gold may be our last. Or, there could be one or two more after this... but we will definitely stop after that.”
    “Eei Hui and I will have a word with the national body (Badminton Association of Malaysia). For now, coaching is an option for us.”
    If the Malaysian Open GP Gold is their last outing, it will mark the end of a wonderful 10-year partnership for the duo.
    “This could be our last tournament in front of the Malaysian fans. We want to enjoy our game and give the fans a treat for the support they’ve given us all these years,” added Pei Tty.
    The duo have certainly done their part to raise the standard of the Malaysian women’s doubles. Some of their great efforts include winning gold at the SEA Games, Commonwealth Games and Super Series Masters Finals.
    They were the first women’s pair to beat a Chinese combination and also won two Super Series titles at the Indonesia and Denmark Opens.
    “It has been a good 10 years but there have been some agonising misses.
    “We should have won the French Super Series but lost narrowly to Du Jing-Yu Yang of China,” recalled Pei Tty.
    In the GP Gold, second seeds Pei Tty-Eei Hui have a first round bye and take on Busanan Ongbumrungpan-Salakjit Ponsana of Thailand in the second round.
    It would indeed be a perfect ending if they go all the way to win the title.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/5/2/sports/11213352.asp&sec=sports
    :(

14. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

So they got a winning farewell by winning the Malaysian GP Gold title, defeating the top seeds Shinta Mulia Sari/Yao Lei in the final! Congratulations!

15. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday May 7, 2012
    Finally, a happy ending for Pei Tty-Eei Hui

JOHOR BARU: It was a happy ending for women’s doubles shuttlers Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui when they ended their three-year wait for a title at the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold at the Bandaraya Stadium here yesterday.

The duo, overcame the disappointment of missing the cut for the Olympic Games by beating Singapore’s world No. 12 Shinta Mulia Sari-Yao Lei 21-18, 21-18 in 45 minutes.
    What made the win even more special was that it was their first against the Singaporeans, who had qualified for the London Games on merit. It was also their first win since the SEA Games gold medal at Laos 2009. And it was the perfect gift for the fans in what could be their last international home tournament.
    After a hard-fought opening win, it all looked bleak when the Malaysians trailed 11-16 in the second game but they showed steely determination to fight their way back and took the match with three excellent shots by Eei Hui.
    The win has not changed Pei Tty’s mind to call it quits but Ee Hui may just have had a change of heart.
    Earlier, both Pei Tty-Eei Hui had declared that they would retire if they did not make the cut for the Olympics. They indicated that the Malaysian Open could be their last home tournament.
    “This may well be our last title together,” said a delighted Pei Tty after the final. “No, this win hasn’t changed my mind. It has become difficult for me after my injury. Maybe I can hang on for a few more tournaments but not for the long term. I can’t go on.
    “Our coach (Rosman Razak) has asked us to continue playing until the Olympic Games because we are the first reserves.
    “There could be withdrawals and we want to be ready for it.
    “Eei Hui and I will play in the Indonesia and Singapore Opens. But I’m done after that.
    “Eei Hui can go on playing because she is fitter,” added Pei Tty, flashing a smile to her partner of 10 years.
    Eei Hui said she may continue and would not mind partnering a younger player but left the decision to coach Rosman.
    “I still haven’t made a decision on my future yet,” she said.
    The win was a brilliant start for Rosman, who just took over as the women’s doubles chief coach last month.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/5/7/sports/11242846.asp&sec=sports

16. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Despite not qualifying for the Olympics, this veteran pair had done enough as benchmark for others to follow ..... they really worked hard to achieve a breakthrough during a time when the women's team was not really placed in the spotlight.

Even now, with the new group and better focus on women's training, it might take years to find another pair with capability to win Super Series titles. Or even the Commonwealth title.

Pleasant retirement for Wong Pei Tty, for almost a decade the best WD player Malaysia has ever produced ...... also the best part-time XD player with Koo Kien Kiat.

And good luck to Chin Eei Hui, with a brand new partnership.