Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Chronological age is normally used as an indicator of ageing but is not a yardstick anymore. Nowadays they talk in terms of biological age which is measured using tests. So it's not surprising to have a person in their 50s fitter than one in his 20s. In other words a 20 something can have a biological age of 50s if he let his body run down. The great thing about this modern age is that one now has a choice over how well one wants to take care of one's body.
    What I meant by LD 's apparent decline is he has not shown his A game since the start of SS.Because his A game is so power and stamina driven (as with most CHN MS),any dip in physical stamina is likely to be visible in his play.On top of that ,I believe he's troubled mentally by the toughness of the SS draws.
    We're seeing a resurgence of LCW and PG,whose play seem more skill driven. As they mature, they probably build up more mental stamina, so they play better as they grow older. TH is an old man so I don't see him winning any more titles;he's still my favourite for watching great badminton(and possible accompanying antics!)
    As for smashes, Boonsak showed that if you can be split-second faster,you can afford to win points with the energy-saving placement rather than the energy-sapping power .

2. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    He must be 'blind'.Can't he see chongwei spirit in that game.I haven't seen that chongwei for months.1 question,is ants malaysian? Malaysian must be know our player but he seems not

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    As I watched the game 2X now, you can see a relaxed, calm LCW playing as if taking one point at a time in a very calculating way, his emotion very controlled and his eyes showed focus. Yeah, I agree he is following a game plan to perfection, fast paced game but not "rushing" and as for "top form and conditioning", well, his form was as good as I have seen and his conditioning, I couldn't see him panting or sucking for air throughout the entire fast paced game.
    CHN Open will be very exciting as the entire CHN armada will show up...being homeground to CHN, we can see how LCW is going through the CHN wall, a real test for sure. Still I am convinced LCW being an underdog, ranked low and losing badly in 07 with less pressure and expectation from the bashing fans of MAS (hahaha!) helps in his game...it takes the damn pressure away. So please do not create unneeded high pressure on him as it has shown before when LCW was ranked #1 playing in WC06 did not help at all. I opine that rank 3 or 4 going in WC or OLY would be better, than 1 or 2, just avoid LD in SF, meet LD in WSF would be best. Let him play laid-back...CHN Open win would be welcoming...but WC07 (no MAS player has ever win any gold) and even OLY08 are the "gigantic slippery fishy" to catch...and OLY08 may be the last time LCW can play to win anyway..one final fling with destiny!LOL!:)

4. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

LCW is one fortunate guy. He should be grateful that such a forum existed, so he can realised that there are so many supporters out there, still basking their bacons on the beach. Well, it's been 2 weeks since the finale of IO'07. Gosh, if he's to win back-to-back SS titles, in the coming CHN Open '07, we forummers may keep this on till WC'07. Yet if he wins WC'07, I bet this column will go on and on for the rest of this year... LOL ;p ;)

5. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    well, MAS supporters are passionate ones........:p:p:p:p

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Quite possibly...the original Star Wars movie played for 1.5 years straight in Edmonton when I was going to school there...if LCW won back-to-back and WC07 i.e. 3 straight, heck I am willing to bet this thread will go on and on beating the Star Wars movie as XBall and Alfa-2 and Makkem (almost forgot him) too will sleep, eat, post in this forum..then again sleep, eat, posts...and again and again...till the donkey comes home...and hahaha!LOL!:D:p

7. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

lol, onetoughbirdie, you are a funny man:D: I haven't been arsed for a while but yeah, crazy fans.... LCW, your star is on the up, you have supporters who are nuts, it's a sign you're doing somethin right!:D:p

8. LIMEY

LIMEY Regular Member

student
  9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i`m a crazy fan of lee chong wei,,,... even my name also put his name beside my name..... i will support lee chong wei no matter he lose or win... GO LEE CHONG WEI GO....

10. george@chongwei

#230 george@chongwei, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  11. george@chongwei

anyone knows does lee chong wei has a blog/?

12. JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei can beat Lin Dan if he tries...Lol! =P

13. maryanne

maryanne Regular Member

Just want to share this with all of you LCW fans--

Misbun conducted a badminton clinic in Manila, where LCW & Hafiz were his "subjects." I was very impressed with the way LCW & Hafiz behaved throughout the event, as they were "used" by Misbun to demonstrate several moves, techniques and play. They also had to play several rounds of 3 point plays with several of our National players, that required a lot of patience, as they literally all have to line up for their turn. The instructionals pretty much reduced them to "prototypes," and not as the popular badminton players that they are today.

They had to go in and out of the court and wait for their turns, along with playing demo games with our national players. On top of that, they had to play with 2 club players, 2 kids, and the big bonus was, (at least for me), seeing them play a set of doubles with 2 of our National Team members

In a nutshell, the whole activity lasted for almost 4 hrs, not even counting the photo sessions. If I am not mistaken, they did this for 3 sessions, for 3 consecutive days.

Not even once did he show impatience, irritation or boredom. He even seem to be having fun, as he was smiling a lot. :) (Even during the sporadic breaks that he was just sitting around) For a player of his calibre, I thought that he conducted himself like a true sportsman, and a real gentleman

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

maryanne, thanks for your feedback. I hope they have done their bit to inspire and generate badminton interest in Manila.I play with some genial Filipinos here and there's no reason why the badminton standard cannot be up there with better coaches and financial support.Since there's no MVP Cup this year, let's hope the unused money can be redirected accordingly.

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Great to know that you enjoyed the games and the exhibition and clinic. :)

16. george@chongwei

Happy Birthday Lee Chong wei!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LEE CHONG WEI!!!:):):)

wish him the best in the future and win gold medal in OG08...:)

[​IMG]
    this birthday cake is for him...:):D:p

17. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LCW !! :)
    He is best frans of BAO CL & TH
    Hopes both of their fans wish him too :)

18. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    happy birthday LCW..
    semoga panjang umur dan dilimpahkan rejeki yang banyak :)

19. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    add 20,000 ranking points for you on your birthday as present............but u muz give it away to others.........who would lcw give the ranking points?? hehehe...........TH i guess.

20. Ramster

Ramster Regular Member

Student
    Lcw Owns ^_^ Go For The Gold In Beijing!