E-Link Sports, Singapore, Chris Aw

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by aramistuscany, Jun 16, 2009.

1. limak

limak Regular Member

And what about shipment to UK? Thanks for info.

2. Jim_80

Jim_80 Regular Member

I'm trying to buy an SW33C from Chris - he seems to take his time responding to emails :D

I guess mail order isn't his main business, so I can forgive him. We seem to be getting there anyway.

I'd be interested to hear how long it took for you to get your rackets though!

3. baggies34

baggies34 New Member

Credit Controller
    :) Well it took about 3 weeks from starting the email ocnversation with Chris to finally receiving my rackets, which isnt bad considering where this gentleman is situated. The rackets came perfectly package and the stringing looks a 1st class job. I am extemely happy with his overall service and will be placing another order shortly for shuttlecocks and more badminton equipment.

4. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

Victor apparels

Black t-shirt and 3/4 pants casual combination (3rd picture) is the similar set worn by Lee Yong Dae when he was in Singapore (for the Aviva Singapore Open) at the Amara Hotel dinner hosted by Chris Aw.

T-shirt colours available in white, navy blue, black, yellow and green.

Attached Files:

#44 aramistuscany, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  5. aramistuscany

Victor Explorer CLS 6500

Explorer CLS 6500 (green/white) is similar to the Explorer CLS 6300 (red/white) except 6500 is medium flex (stiffer) whereas 6300 is flexible. Very reasonable price for a quality racquet. Strung with matching Victor VS-650 (0.66mm) green string.

Balance: 283-290mm
    All carbon graphite slim shaft

Attached Files:

#45 aramistuscany, Aug 26, 2009
  6. tenggk

tenggk Regular Member

How much are the tees? They really look good. :D

aramistuscany, you must have a good collection of rackets and apparels to open a mini warehouse. ;)

7. aramistuscany

I think its something like $24 but I got a small discount from Chris for each of them as I bought quite a number of stuff and also strung my Gosen Roots Aermet 6000 there. I also bought some previous season/older designs Victor t-shirts two for $28 deal. They are good quality 'drifit' material. Victor call theirs the 'Super-Dry'. A great deal!

8. tenggk

tenggk Regular Member

Does quoting your name or nick entitle me to a discount? :D

9. aramistuscany

Chirs is an accomodating and very friendly guy. He will give you a discount by just telling him you heard about it in this forum. My name does not carry any weight here or anywhere ;).

Just a side note.. we were talking about the Victor models he does not carry but able to bring in e.g Explorer 68 presently use by Lee Hyo Jung (KOR) (WD, XD doubles) and Lee Wan Wah (MAS independent) (MD doubles). If there are enough of us who wants the racquet (maybe about 15 of us) he will bring it in as Victor's minimum order is 25. He will absorbed the other 10 or so pieces. The Explorer series are really good racquets for these prices but it seems that there are just not enough awareness among consumers. The Bravesword and Super Wave series are more well-marketed and well-known and concurrently more expensive also

Anyway he did mentioned he may bring in the top-end and latest Explorer 88. New shipment of stocks are scheduled for Sep 09. Let's see what is the inventory in it then!

#49 aramistuscany, Aug 26, 2009
  10. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Have been looking for the Explorer68 and was hoping that it would be available in Singapore. Dun really understand Chris's rationale in bringing in the other models of the Explorer series but not the Explorer 68. Maybe its easier said than done but believe he should not have any problem selling 25 pieces of Explorer 68 in the Singapore market given that there are many Victor users in Singapore. Perhaps he could even market this model limited to 'only 25 pieces available in Singapore' :)

Anyway I managed to find one piece at Honly JB after months of hunting around. Cost M$230 unstrung (S$95). imho its a mid-stiff 'value-for money' racquet and plays similarly to the yonex arcsaber 10. Just my two cents.

11. aramistuscany

Victor cloth racquet sleeve/bag

Chris is selling them at $8 apiece. They are almost the same as Yonex (as seen in the pictures) but Yonex's are more suede-like and feels softer.

Attached Files:

12. aramistuscany

Gosen Roots Aermet Series

Good news for Gosen fans! Seems like Chris has brought in Gosen racquets. Check out his website:
    http://www.badmintonshop.blogspot.com/

Listed are the Roots Aermet 6900 'Boonsak' model and Platinum Limited Edition.

Another new listing is the Victor Challenger Ti 79. Anyone with any experience with it?

#52 aramistuscany, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  13. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Wonder how much he selling the Boonsak ? Also, the picture is of the older model, the newer model is silver at the 3 and 9 o'clock section.

14. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

i was quoted 210 bucks

15. badminto

badminto Regular Member

Student
    hey guys does any of you noe how i can find out if there is a victor distributor in Australia im desperately trying to get a hold on some items. i found this site http://shop33809595.taobao.com/ but don't noe if they ship outside China or not, i just sent them an email n waiting for their reply. i have a relative that lives in Singapore and i ask her to pay chris a visit but it seems that Singapore is very slow n most of the 2009 items have not yet arrive and i have to w8 until the end of the month, i really want to try it out cuz i have tournament soon. so if you guys noe how i can find a distributor in sydney australia it will b awesome and also if u noe of any online stores that sell victor items and ship worldwide pls give me a heads up. thanks alot guys. really appreciate it.

16. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    That's around the same price as in Bangkok.

BTW, most places are selling the 8900 at a higher price than the 6900, for example, HK and Malaysia. But in Thailand, the 6900 commands a premium probably due to the Boonsak effect.

17. limak

limak Regular Member

parcel arrived today!

So after some time for clarification of my order new items arrived today! 2 Victor Z3000 and 4 t-shirts. Shipping took only 6 days (Singapore - Czech Republic) :). Quality of stringwork is high, stringed for free with Victor VTR600. I´m keen on testing rackets tomorrow. I can higly recommend this shop to all Victor fans and think it´s not my last order there.

18. aramistuscany

limak please write your views about this Z3000 racquet here after you have tried it out. I was at the shop the other day and Chris told me that this racquet will be sold out soon. He only have a few pieces left and Victor may not revive them again after this batch.

19. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Any news on when will the stock for the new SW series or BS series be here in singapore?

20. aramistuscany

End September...