Victor Super Waves 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by chungjun, Oct 2, 2009.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

BS10 is stiffer than BS11, BS09, is quite flexible, SW35, is like mark said an attacking racket, BS11 is all rounder, but i think it is more doubles suited, but it still is good for singles.
    Tbh, i didnt look at any of the technology before i got my SW35, anyone can make some PR rubbish up, its how the racket plays at the end of the day.

2. yankiat

yankiat Regular Member

BS10 is stiffer than BS9 and BS11.

3. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

BS10's stiffness comparable to SW35?

4. yankiat

yankiat Regular Member

I'm unsure.. looking at how people replied, I guess SW35 should be stiffer than BS10..

5. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

Guess, I'm sold then for SW35, no further questions:cool:.

LD_rules, any money back guarantees? Aw, just kiddin':D.

6. johnjohnny

johnjohnny Regular Member

I heard the stiffness goes like this
    BS09,BS11,BS10,SW35. Dunno how true.I might be wrong

7. johnjohnny

I heard the stiffness goes like this
    BS09,BS11,BS10,SW35. Dunno how true.I might be wrong

8. johnjohnny

Sorry. Accidently clicked twice

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Victor SuperWaves 35 Review

Ok, I have played with the racket enough to give you a detailed review
    But a bit off background info on me first, I am 95% a singles player, and like to use deception, and I will smash when I can, however I like tothink my defense is really good, and I am more than happy for someone to smash consecitvely, and then wait to counter attack.
    Review
    Racket: Victor SuperWaves 35
    String: Victor VS-850
    Tension: 24lbs
    Grip: Original grip
    Weight/grip size: 3U/G3
    Previous rackets: Nanospeed 9900(3u), Armortec 900 Technique (4u)
    Playing time so far: Around 10 Hours

Warming Up

When I first got this racket, I was impressed with the style and design, by far the most nice and shiny in my bag, no one in my club has victor rackets so they were quite curious as to how it plays. Just warming up, I have no trouble getting used to it. Stiffness, it is stiff, somewhere between AT900t and NS9900. Head balance, similar to AT900t I measured it but not very accuratly at about 305bpm

Game Time

In my singles games, the racket does not dissapoint, low serves are easy to do, and clears are really simple, due to the head weight, I found that I was even hitting them out due to the power and ease. I found that return of serve was very easy, and I seemed to have more options when returning.
    Netshots, are very easy. You can play tight shots, even when the shuttle is near the floor. I was able to play clears under pressure very easily, and I was able to get myself out of trouble simply. Drop shots, are probaly the only aspect which are not excellent, I don't know what it is, but I just haven't got the hang of it yet. :D the one area that excels and is better than all rackets I have tried and tested in the past (AT700, AT900t, Arc Z, NS9900, Arc 10) is smashes, it's just so easy to unleash the power, which often led to weak returns which were quickly net killed. When I had to lift, defense wasn't hard as well, blocking and lifting was easy.

Conclusion

This is an excellent racket, which I would recommend to 99% of people. Great value for money. Definetly worth giving a try, as well as the rest of the Braceswords and SuperWaves.
    Here is how I rate it:

Power: 10/10
    Netshots: 10/10
    Drops: 9/10
    Defence: 9/10
    Clears: 10/10
    Recomended to Singles/ Back court Doubles players, I can't see much wrong with it for frontcourt players but, if you can't handle the 3u there is always the 4u version.:)

Pros: Power, accuracy, value for money.
    Cons: Cant actually think of any... :p
    Price: £90 (UK)

Hope you enjoyed the review.:)

10. radicalrev

radicalrev Regular Member

very nice review!!

I can't wait to receive my SW36 tomorrow. If that doesn't suit me, I might try the SW35. :)

11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Good to hear, SW36, is less stiff and less headheavy, than SW35

Forgot to mention that the build quality is superb better than yonex IMO

12. jerby

jerby Regular Member

This is not primarily directed at you LD-Rules, but when I read reviews that say "serving is really easy" or "I have more options when returning serves" it really makes me wonder to what extend this is the actual racket or more the "oh boy I have new toy"-effect...

To me there're only a couple things that don't vary between rackets; my service, netshots and dropshots. Maybe that's just me.
    After testing teh entire sotx scala, some yonex, some rsl and a lot of karakals The only things I could comment on in a racket review would be power, defence and stability and how solid it feels.
    But maybe I'm just a boring reviewer :p

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

basically, when returning back hand low serves, I seemed to be able to decieve my opponent, (who by the way is quite abit better than me) I seemed to be able to play cross court shots, or force short lifts, which somehow created the opportunities to win the match (something I had never done before) regarding serves, when I used to use my AT900t, I didn't feel comfortable serving short, and I tended to flick serve quite a lot. This racket I feel confident serving short. It's probaly just me :p but it's definetly the right racket for me. It has a combination of aspects which I liked in my NS9900 & AT900t, which was mainly the stiffness of the NS9900 and the head heavyness of the AT900t, the problem was the AT900t was 4u, and too light, and the SW35 is 3u making it great for me.:D

14. zenith82

zenith82 Regular Member

How is SW35 when compared to Yonex Arc Z?

15. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    100% stiffer, more powerful and better feel than Arc Z. And head heavier. Only thing good about arc z is easy to move around than SW35

16. zenith82

zenith82 Regular Member

Just got SW35 n indeed its very stiff

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

played with my 3u SW35 for doubles tonight, it's great returning serve and smashes are brilliant, even using it at the front of the court, it's great. No problems front or back.

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

The SW35, works fine, for singles and doubles, even front of the court, I have had no problems.

19. Marpan

Marpan Regular Member

is there a lot of difference between 4U SW35 and 3U SW35?? other than the weight. I am a wrist player and would like to get more power in terms of smash.. I am a mixed and single player... any advise...

My current SW35 is 4U/G2.

20. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Today for the first time , I held an unstrung Spira 21 and noticed near the cone is something that looks very similar to the GOSEN Roots Gavun Aermet kick-point (at the throat though). Anyways, my point is really...guys any idea on the playing quality of this new kid on the block? Specially compared to SIW 35? Thanks!

Btw, by the looks and feel of it (unstrung), I think I'm gonna stick with my SIW 35 but I am also very intrigue with this SPIRAL WIND thing compared to SUPER INSIDE WAVES:D.