Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. NeverWalkAlone

NeverWalkAlone Regular Member

Modifying the racket is not the best solution. Best if u get an another even balanced racket for back up.

2. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Having tested Voltric Z Force, albeit briefly, I really can't see me moving away from my beloved VT80's - they really are just too good.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

3. TheNotoriousLIG

TheNotoriousLIG Regular Member

Student
    i agree with you. The VTZF doesnt quite have that feeling of rightness I get with my VT80. The head weight is perfectly balanced with the stiffness on the VT80 but its not the same with the ZF. They are also cheaper which is always nice. :-D

4. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I agree with TheNotoriousLIG
    Even though I haven't tried a Voltric Z-Force I still like my Voltric 80 (4UG4)

5. klee888

klee888 Regular Member

Business Analyst
    Hi there, I have vt80 3u5g but defence is becoming an issue any recommendation on how improve this as my old Aeroutus 80 kicked butt in defence.

6. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

A PU grip helped me reduce stress on specific arm/hand muscles. I got the power back after a month of practice.

7. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

I like my 3U VT80 too. But think I will like my ZF LTD better after few months of play. ZF is so accurate.

8. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

I have VTZF 3UG5 and VT80 3UG5. Both strung at 31lbs with different string which is Nanogy99 and BG65 respectively.

In terms of power, I would choose VTZF due to smaller sweetspot which will generate powerful smash and in sacrifice, defense should be the first things to be sacrifice if you don't have a strong arm and wrist. If you do have strong arms and wrist, it's should be no concerns at all..

In terms of all around played, I would go for VT80 because of bigger sweetspot than VTZF's. The smash power also not bad. Which is less powerful than VTZF, but, it's worth to be used in both games, either singles or doubles. :)

In overall, I would choose VTZF due to powerful smash... :)

p/s - my simple review will vary due to different weight, BP, string tensions, grip sizes, and etc.

#2068 fiq_axis, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  9. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Thank you! :)
    Very great to hear your opinion, I havent got the pleasure to try out VTZF yet, but I really want to. It seems you are a power player which very much likes to attack, am I correct? Caus then we are very similar ;)

10. badmintanfreak

badmintanfreak Regular Member

sales
    i like my vt80 cause it is the first racket gave me perfect feelings after using at900p. saying that i am in love with mx60. it is absolutely depends on the persons on a particular day based on the training (i mean muscle or footwork training) and more importantly the game plan which racket they gona use. sometimes i play gambling badminton and so far i've lost i think aud$200. i like it cause it involves money so it more furious u can't afford mistakes.now if the opponent become defensive i switch to vt80 if the opponent goes to attacking i use my arc 9dx and if the opponent checking on us then i use mx60. its a great fun telling u guys and one day i lost 5kg in an hour.

11. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

exactly, i am a hard hitter player who loves smash and winning a point by smashing~
    you should try VTZF. but i am spending myself around 2-3 months with VTZF before taming it perfectly.
    you should try VTZF + NBG99, because the others strings doesn't meet my expectation. :)

VT80 should be fitted perfectly for an intermediate and an advance player who loves all around performance rackets.

meanwhile VTZF, will perfectly fitted to a hard hitter players who loves to smash. :)

12. AhKoon

AhKoon Regular Member

hi all, New to this forum, Anyone know the latest price for the VT80 in Malaysia or Singapore? Actual shop location even better. Looking for the 4U actually. Thanks...

13. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    hehe xD a fun but dangerous style of play indeed :p I have now got the pleasure, but unfortunately I hadn't touched a racket in a while when I tried it, so I didn't get that nice feeling with it :/ But I did understand that VTZF prrob would match my style better than VT80 which I love and have been playing with for quite some time now :) So 2LTD models are on theyr way to my adress xD As I mentioned I havent got to try out it's full potential, but I am looking forward to :p Anyways: I got the impression that it was extremely head-heavy compared to my VT80, but at the same time it was easy to manouver, did you experience the same thing? (I took into consideration that there was the stock grip on, which I find to be waaaay to slipeery on...)

14. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Sorry idk but www.mybadmintonstore.com is allways good and offers worldwide free shipping ;) Thats where I ordered my rackets ;) But you are going for VT80 I see? What kind of player are you? (style)

15. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

Besides performance, maybe can divert our attention to the "cosmetic" part of VT80? :p

What grip color you think best match VT80? Please share your thoughts. Best if you can show us some photos of it. :D

16. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

For me, it has to be either Yellow towel grip or white tacky grip :)

17. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

Orang grip KT102. :D

18. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

I am just imagining PURPLE grip with BLACK string will look really nice! ;)

19. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

Actually I don't like vt80 paints, it looks old or classic. Vt80 LTD looks better.Vtzf normal and LTD much better than any others VT model.

20. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

i just use yellow grip with yellow string..lol