Head Metallix Badminton Racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by black_knight006, Feb 15, 2007.

1. gabrielmontreal

gabrielmontreal Regular Member

The Metallix 2000 has a flexible shaft allowing greater smashes. The balance is supposed to be even, but it definetly feels head heavy.
    If you are looking for a stiff racquet you have to look toward the Metallix 10000.

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I have the Metallix 10000 and Metallix 4000..

I am not impressed with these models.. If you anyone wants to buy one of those pm me an offer :)

/Twobeer

3. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Could you give in more detail why you do not like them?

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Sure..

The 10000 feels unresponsive in flicks.. Its VERY stiff (to stiff for my liking). I can get really powerful smashes with it but all other shots feels dull (almost like when strings are dead kind of feel)..

The 4000 on the other-hand feels to soft and lacks power.. It is fast (quite headlight, so its OK for doubles.. but nothing that stands out)...

I would really like Head to use the liquidmetal and flexpoint systems (that they use in the tennis lineup). I think those a re far more promising technologies for a badminton racket than the metallix..

/T

5. gabrielmontreal

gabrielmontreal Regular Member

Metallix 2000 ... string might be in cause.

I have to concur, the 2000 feels great in smashes and drops shots but lacks control in flicks and net play. I suppose the string has a lot to do with this and at the moment it is not to my liking. On my previous racket ProKennex Carbonpro727 I was playing with BG65 at 20lb but the racket was old, heavy and not very stiff. I absolutely loved the sting on that one, not so on my new Metallix 2000.
    I suppose after a string change I might see a difference.

Anyone out there changed the string on Head rackets ? ... any tips ?

Thanks.

6. cawii

cawii New Member

Badminton trainer
    I neraly gets Matallix 10000 and 8000 from my sponsor HEAD. So i can try what racket i would like to play with.

7. Volts

Volts Regular Member

is there any yonex model that can compare ? i really wanna try a Head racket but can't seem to find anyone playing with them

8. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    I purchased some from Yvon Gilbert Sports, should be here sometime next week.

9. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Liquid Metal is possible. But flex point seems not possible if they wanna preserve the strenth. Wilson N2 N4 N6 were examples.

10. Baozer

Baozer Regular Member

Aw sweet! I have the first racquet in the array of ph leung's photos!

11. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    I do too, it's the Nano Power 700, just bought it today, will tell you more tuesday night when i play with it for the first time.

12. Garuda

Garuda Regular Member

San Francisco (Originally from Jakarta, Indonesia)
    HEAD Metalix 8000

I finally got HEAD Metallix 8000 racket. I was anxious to play with it and I finally tested it.

The racket is very light, in fact I have never played with such a light racket like this before. It was weird in the beginning to use this racket because of its lightness -- your shots are often off because you are trying to get used to the new racket.

After playing for two hours with it, I have reached a conclusion that:

This racket is very good when you play defensively (which is my style). I tried to smash with this racket many times, but more than 50% of them was not as good as if I was using my yonnex NS 9000 type S or NS 7700. The racket is pretty flexible (not stiff at all) and head light, and good to play trick shots especially around the net. So, the net plays and drops shots are great as well as returning your opponents' smashes (because the racket is light, you can react very fast to return the smashes to your opponents).

I really have no complaints against this racket after using it for two hours. I intentionally used this racket the whole time because I really wanted to see if the racket would be suitable and good for me.

Price wise, I think I like it too because Head rackets are not that expensive if you compare to yonex rackets (this racket is $115 online). So, if you are looking for a good light racket with good quality that can help your net shots, and returning smashes better, this racket is really good for you.

I am just so glad that I finally got this racket. Well, actually the racket was my early X'mas present. So, thanks to my partner who gave me such a nice and worthbuying present!! :) Have a Merry X'mas Everyone!!

#32 Garuda, Dec 2, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  13. ericTDX

ericTDX Regular Member

Student
    how about the price in malaysia?? is it reasonable?? anyone know?

14. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    currently available at World of Sports stores....
    maybe you may check out their sales offer, 20% off??

15. kuowei

kuowei Regular Member

HEAD Metallix 10000

Ok yesterday (03/19/2008) I bought without any experience with this racket. I just bought it on bases of product revieuws and the characteristics of the racket. So last night played it with this racket. I have 2 armortec 800DE and I play with the Kason TSF100.

First impression. Although it is 85gr it's head heavy and medium stiff is a little bit stiffer then the armortec 800DE but more flexible then the 800OF even the head heavy is between the 800DE and the 800OF. I'm a hardhitter and I was looking for a racket wich provides me with enough flex for backhand clearing but enough weight to create more power for my smashes. The colors are red, black and silver the grip is white and I must say it's not uggly at all, it's more an aggressive look not too but enough. The head has a lot of the armortec frame from Yonex and if you look on the side of the head you see the stringing has a lot of the muscle power frame design. The top cap is a little bit smaller then the armortec but does his function during serve and net play.

Hitting the first strokes I thought hmm. Did I make a right choice to buy this racket or should I've bought the metallix 8000 but by more playing I was getting more excited about this racket. By returning shuttles I had every control about the shuttle. I just could play the shuttle where I wanted. Smashes were REALLY lovely. I have a shoulder injury and had to adjust my powerplay to more technical and there wasn't able to smash the full 100% without pain anyway. But smashing with this racket it feels like I was back to 100%. Maneuverability with this racket is also great. I never played defense with this racket so well as well in returning and during returning even have the control over this shuttle.

I'm planning to buy another so I have a set of 2 and sell the armortec. This is definately a racket wich I will play for a long time.

16. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

Thanks for the reviews! Keep them coming!

I bought a Head Metallix 5000 myself and I think it's a really good all around racket. It provides good offensive qualities as well as manoeuvrability for defensive play. The only thing I'm a little bit sceptic about is the grade of flexibility. It could be less IMO. I don't know the other head rackets but they seem to be more stiff than the Metallix 5000.

17. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Never seen one,but yet wanna try one.Anyone's kind hearted enough to let me try one?=P

18. kuowei

kuowei Regular Member

Yeah indeed, the first thing I noticed it was quite stiffer in yonex terms (wich we all are familiar) medium stiff in Head is between stiff and extra stiff in yonex terms. But I must admit the balance with the 10000 is just enough to create enormous power yet more than enough to control where the shuttle is going. The only thing wich I wasn't content about is the drop or net play, I can't find the right "moment" or "feel" or the "sharpness" but I think I need to play more often than 2 times with the racket to get really used to netdrop en net play.

19. Ton-Min-Bad

That's quite interesting! Because IMO the Metallix 5000 feels a little bit too flexible, whereas the Metallix 10000 (which is said to be "medium stiff") seems to be stiffer than expected. As far as I know there are 3 different categories as far as the Metallix series is concerned:

Metallix 10000 - medium stiff
    Metallix 4000, 6000, 8000 - medium flex
    Metallix 2000, 5000 - flexible

20. Ton-Min-Bad

Does anybody know if there's a difference between the Metallix 2000 & 5000? There are no infos on the Head website...:confused: