Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As I mentioned in the previous thread, the following Olympic spots should be secured:
    MS: Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Taufik Hidayat
    WS: Maria Kristin Yulianti and perhaps Adriyanti Firdasari if she can qualify :cool:
    MD: Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan and one from Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi or Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto
    WD: Vita Marissa/Lilyana Natsir (if Richard wants them to play 2 events) and one from Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nursugianti or Jo Novita/Greysia Polii
    XD: Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir and Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa.

2. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    MAS badminton is way behind from INA ... They got less than 5 Professional Club , while INA got so many.. Even they can held an Inter-Club TOurnament .. While Clubs pay BIG MONEY to their players.. How much did a MAS players from their respective states able to gain from winning a trophy? If BAM can free their players to join any clubs on their wish.. I am sure we could see many players achieve greater results.
    If i m not mistaken.. Those professional player in INA certainly won many honour than those in INA national teams..
    Krishna.. Hopes u can clarify on this

3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    My observation on INA badminton

I do not dare to say / claim that INA's badminton is way ahead of MAS. :p I do not have enough supporting facts to back that up... :eek: Ok, let me share what I know. Sandy, badMania, and others can help correct my mistakes here...

Our clubs all claim that they are amateurs... Actually the PBSI [Indonesian Badminton Association] Constitution clearly state that we only embrace amateurism. Bizzare eh? :rolleyes:

A vast majority of our clubs are basically funded by wealthy individuals/families or corporate donor or by a group of friends who love badminton. :) Income from club memberships and tournament wins are not enough to cover the huge expenses incurred by the 8 domestic circuits and the training operational expenses associated by it.

Club categories:
    • I can name around 8 well funded clubs [Jaya Raya, Tangkas, Djarum, Suryanaga, SGS Elektrik, Mutiara, Ratih, and Ragunan]; by well funded, I mean they can send 20-50 Junior players to every domestic circuit, while training 40-70 [not necessarily in one facility].
    • Around 10 medium funded clubs [Lippo, Bina Bangsa, Prashida, Gajah Tunggal, Kepulauan Riau, Kaltim, Kotab Bandung, that club in Makassar, PMS Solo, Wima]. They can send around 10-20 Juniors, while training 40.
    • About 20-30 other active clubs in the domestic circuits who can only send 2-6 players at a time...
    The first category that I mention are virtually the ones who participated in the Superliga Badminton earlier this year. The overall prize money for that league was Rp 900 million [US$100,000]. The Men's team champion got $25000 for 10 team members.

I cannot say the clubs pay BIG MONEY to their players on a regular basis. I can vouch that the 8 big clubs INVESTS a lot of money in developing future World Champions. If they in the end win All England-World Championship-Olympics. Then their donor/funder/club owner usually jumped in and gave them HUGE bonuses for that event. For example: in 1992 Susi Susanti got around US $500,000 from Pak Ciputra after winning Olympic gold, while her husband Alan Budikusuma who also got gold, received US $500,000 from Djarum, his club.

After our last Thomas Cup victory [in 2002], the PBSI President, Chairul Tanjung, went around Indonesia to various corporations and ask for gifts of appreciation for the Thomas Cup heroes. Sure enough, the TV manufacturing company jumped in, the refrigerator manufacturing company jumped in... so the players can basically have all their household furnishings for free as a bonus.

I am not clear on your other point on whether the INA pro players got more honors than the ones in the National Team. That part is not clear for me. Because to my knowledge, the INA National Team players usually get more honor... :confused:

#43 Krisna, Aug 29, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  4. kimpe_bultang

kimpe_bultang Regular Member

hmmm, athlete and student
    Yes.. WS is the only problem now..

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I, hereby,...

(*this is just for fun..);):p;)
    ...would propose and nominate our Krisna to be the next Chairman of PBSI:eek:;)..Yes, to replace Bang Yos, who we all basically consider incompetent, not knowledgeable and self-seeking in his quest to lead Indonesia back to its glory days...Krisna, on the other hand, would most likely have the opposite of Bang Yos...Knowledgeable abt badminton, very concerned abt the future of INA badminton & most importantly, Krisna also "proclaimed" to be "pretty well off" financially(in another thread), ahem (don't know how true is that?!?!)..hehe:p:D;)...
    So, anyone else with this idea??..:confused::p:D:eek:;)

#45 ctjcad, Sep 1, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  6. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Zhao Ting Ting.. was quite close with Ng Wei once, but now.. yeah, it's already out in the news.. Ng Wei's gf is Zhu Lin.

Krisna for the chairman of PBSI. :D

7. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Wat ? Yan.. Is ZL dating Ng ? Dat's new can broke many fans' heart :mad:

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Er... actually, I do plan to run for chairman of PBSI... in 2027... ;)... I will be 55 and retired from my current career... :D and have time to run and make PBSI even more successful than Li Yongbo's China Badminton Association!

Hopefully by that time, I would have influenced PBSI enough [without being the Chairman] that the issue of funds is not an issue anymore... :p I believe there are ways to help INA badminton funding without the Chairman of PBSI funding the bulk of PBSI operations... ;) I am not in the PBSI system today, but I humbly believe I can help them create a better system...

Yannie, if I am the PBSI Chairman, I will implement a better system that will make Rian can be a US$ millionare by the time he is 30... [I emphasize US$ millionare, not a Rupiah millionare... :p]

9. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Errr.. good for Rian Sukmawan. :rolleyes:

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I believe if badminton produces millionaires, then the game can really grow... ;) Without this, then the worldwide attention of future top athletes towards badminton are always going to be low... :crying:

11. yannie

yannie Regular Member

I just heard from my friend that Sigit wanna become a coach at Djarum Club..

12. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Yes..it has been reported at Indonesian newspapers that Sigit will be a coach....

13. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Ohhh.. I see.. and my friend said he can play drums too!!! Dunno it's a hobby or not.. Faint. Maybe Sigit is musical..

14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Haha.....he can be...he has fun charater...I like the way he played double with many tricks....it will be good for Djarum club...hopefully Rian/Yoke can improve...plus Frans as well....

15. Kkamshi

Kkamshi Regular Member

Student

Whhhaaaat!!!!! Masa sih Zhao Tingting likes him.
    How sigit can comunicate with ZTT anyway.

16. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    :D:D body language.....it is very common..last time..Korean WD or WS, also likes Fung Permadi....bisa aja lah...:D:D

17. taufikk

taufikk Regular Member

love does not need verbal communication..

18. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Sigit can speak Chinese..

19. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Did he speak fluently or just a bit...?? actually not many Indonesian speak Pu Tung Hua.....

20. yannie

yannie Regular Member

dunno.. i think he can speak some mandarin.. maybe not fluent.. hehe. should pick it up again in order to communicate with ting ting :D