Shaft length

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ice man, Sep 2, 2009.

1. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Hello, I've read that arcsabers had a longer shaft than usual long racquets.
    How much longer is an arc 10 shaft compared to a nano 9000 shaft, or an AT 700 one ?
    This is "quite important" to me, as a long shaft helps me producing more whipping power
    Thanks for your answers, and if you want to add pics you're free to do so of course ;)

2. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Well, noone knows ?

3. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Yes, but does anyone knows how much longer is an arc shaft compared to a nano 9000 one and to an AT 700 shaft ?

4. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

From my experience the "long versions" of the older models have the longest shafts Yonex has ever made, which was before the longer handled models were produced to meet the demand of doubles players starting to grip the handle closer to the shaft. These shafts are about 22cm or 8.6" long. The other slightly newer models with these shafts are the AT700 and Ti-10 (I have both and have measured them). The Nanospeed models all have the longer handle mould, IIRC.

I haven't tried an Arcsaber though.

5. Nuetronist

Nuetronist Regular Member

Arc10 = 674 mm
    Nanospeed 9000/9900 = 675 mm
    AT900/700 = 675 mm

Taken from mybadmintonstore.com

I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but if you were looking for exact shaft lengths...I don't know where you can find those...

#5 Nuetronist, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  6. ice man

ice man Regular Member

This is because I saw on a french online shop that arcsabers have a shaft that is longer than usual, and I'm interested in as it gives a little more whipping effect

7. Nuetronist

Nuetronist Regular Member

That would mean that either the head or grip on an arc10 is smaller than other rackets...

8. Blitzzards

I don't remember from the catalogs that the Arcsabers have the extra 10mm shaft length, but I could be wrong as I haven't owned one.

The slightly longer shaft will just mean a shorter handle. It will also make the whole racquet seem less stiff regardless of materials because of the torque, which should translate into whipping action if you put in enough swing speed to it.

9. ice man

ice man Regular Member

This is exactly what I'm looking for ! A slightly longer shaft, and a slightly shorter handle

10. Blitzzards

Then I believe an AT700 or a Ti-10 is what you're looking for! They're pretty much proven to have amazing smash capabilities; take it from Lin Dan and Fu Haifeng.

11. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I've got a new AT 700, and I can't play with it, there is something wrong with its feeling but I will give it another try on monday. The old one is nearly impossible to find here in France for a reasonable price.
    I would LOVE to own a TI 10, but it is STRICTLY IMPOSSIBLE to find one retailer selling it in France, too bad I know, it would be my racquet of choice !

12. Blitzzards

I'm just curious, but how much are the shops in France selling the old AT700 for? I'm collecting as much of the model as I can get at the moment.

For the Ti-10 I think I can order here in Sydney for around AU$180, which is pretty cheap. We can do a trade if you want.

13. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

if you're only looking for such YY spec'ed racket, then the at700 is the racket to get, either old/new/dragon limited versions. only the at700 has a shorter handle/longer shaft as compared to at800 or at900 series rackets, which all had a longer handle/shorter shaft.
    another long shaft/shorter handle racket is victor's artery tec ti95 power, similar length to the at700....just my s$0.00001 worth:D:p

14. ice man

ice man Regular Member

15. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Victor is not distributed in France...