Help me find peace

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by Dorythefish, Oct 21, 2010.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

Hmmm, how much is it now in HK anyways, especially given the high Canadian $ relative to HK $ ?

Know of anyone travelling to HK in the next little while? Maybe they can get it for you if it's much cheaper there.

2. Dorythefish

Dorythefish Regular Member

Student
    Right now 1 Canadian dollar equals around 7 Hong Kong Dollar.

Yes I do but my friend is paying for the new racquet so I might stick with him buying it in Canada. So my mom won't start yelling at me again.

3. .spot.

.spot. Regular Member

Student
    hmm, aside to the price/where-to-buy discussion, I would like to tell this:

As many other items you own, breaking it down, a racket is nothing but a object of utility. There's always a certain extra value to things if you got them as a gift or saved up to it a long time. So there's indeed reason to have a certain "worship" for the racket you own. I read so much "to get one with the racket", "extension of the arm".. Fortunately, a racket is something that can be replaced when it's broken. somewhen, any racket will brake, be thankful for it to have served you good, be thankful for it beeing presented to you. a racket breaking to early is mere bad luck, no matter if you lend it to someone or not.
    it's pretty much the same for shuttles; who will complain about a broken shuttle, if it's ready to be tossed?
    As for the shuttles and the racket, you and your mother can be really glad, that the equipment you got has served you and your friends to have fun on court. whether it's broken in the end or not, doesn't matter so much, especially if your friend is willing to replace it. serial number 10004 or 10005 don't make that of a difference, is it? the fun of playing is the gift from your mom, not the racket.

things are there to use, cheers,

spot

4. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

women are so dramatic... ^_^;;

5. Dorythefish

Student
    it's not so much as being dramatic. Its just that if he doesn't get me another one, then i have to play with a slazenger one which has a heavy head and a t bone which i really dislike.

6. Dorythefish

Student
    Thnx this helps a lot and i wasn't thinking about throwing away the racquet when i got it back. Its helps put me at ease with everything else getting involed with this. This month i have been an emotional wreck so i want to thank you for what you said.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Actually the one you should thank most is your friend, as he's the one who truly is being very nice to replace the broken racket for you. It is in actions such as these that you can tell a good friend from just a regular friend.

8. Dorythefish

Student
    yup. that is true.

9. Dorythefish

Student
    Don't cry over split milk.

10. Dorythefish

Student
    buying a new one and the fixed one :)

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    So Dory, did your friend buy you the new racquet?

12. Dorythefish

Student
    not yet. but i'm still waiting......... i don't want to be mean and go hurry up and buy me the racquet!!!

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

At the same time, you also dont want your friend to wait for such a long time, that they then change their mind and decide not to buy you a new racket, or possibly, you fall out with your friend and obvioulsy then they wont buy you a new racket. The quicker they buy it, the quicker the doubt is eliminated from your mind, over wheter on not you will be recieving a new racket. :)

14. Dorythefish

Student
    never thought of that but if he doesn't buy it until next week maybe Thursday I'm going to ask him about it but he's very sincere so i don't think he'll do that.

15. Dorythefish

Student
    Wednesday for sure I think

16. visor

visor Regular Member

You know, that's paradoxical. :)

17. Dorythefish

Student
    ........:p.......He's bringing it to school on Wednesday for sure but I'm getting on Thursday because I'm not going to school Wednesday.

18. Dorythefish

Student
    so the racquet that he's brought was used while the one he used was new and then i got yelled at my mom for all the things I did wrong because its been two weeks since the incident. Saying he's taking too long in buying it and me being stupid about saying maybe on buying the used racquet. and then me being stupid about lending it in the first place. Then I got really pissed and still am, etc. But I told him that I want and need a new racquet, never used. So I just called him, he said he gave the coach money to buy it at Tads because the coach is a member of the Vancouver Racquets Club (I think). He said Monday. and he's paying for the fixed one too. I didn't tell him he needed to. I'm going to take pictures of the new one and the fixed one when I get it back.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

This is getting complicated.

So, he fixed the broken one, bought himself a new one, and then bought you a used one as a replacement?

Not being very honourable.

What's the condition of the used one compared to your previous racket?
    If it's better or similar, then nothing wrong with that, I suppose.

20. Dorythefish

Student
    I feels so too. Its getting so complicated. My coach has a friend that wants to sell two of his NS9900 he used it "a couple of times." (I didn't look like that when I looked at it) for 150 with size 9 yonex shoes. I didn't my friend to buy it because it was used and the one he used was/is new. I said that he has to buy me a new one even if the used one is cheaper. He's going to buy a new one from Tad's and he's going to buy the fixed one when it's fixed.
    The used one I looked at had minor scratches which bothered me a lot and it had the towel grip which was gripped a little bit over the handle so its sticky around there if you take it off. The strings were orange victor BG66. My racquets are strung at 20 pounds, BG 65.