Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

“Chong Wei was nervous at times,” Shon said. “I just wanted to do my best.”

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Let's keep politics out from this thread please, guys and girls..
    Afterall, politics talking and discussion is totally prohibited in Badminton Central itself;)

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Based on the size of your postings, I would say yes :D

4. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    lcw never throw his racket to crowd whenever he win a competition. he should do everytime he win the competition. so everytime he do that, all crowd will pray for him so they get the racket. so the more people pray for him, so the more chance he can win olympics gold medal.

5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    He will be throwing his racket this coming Olympic for sure :D. Do book the front seat, pal :)

6. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Why on earth would he do that? He can auction it off to raise money to be donated to charity. That's just like LCW. Not someone known for celebrating his wins by throwing rackets.

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday May 4, 2012
    Merciless world No. 1 shows his compassion off court
    JOHOR BARU: World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei showed no mercy on court at the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold here yesterday — a far cry from the charitable frame of mind he was really in.
    Chong Wei trounced India’s B Sai Praneeth 21-12, 21-13 in 23 minutes to check into the quarter-finals against compatriot Chong Wei Feng. Earlier, in the second round, he took only 19 minutes to demolish Michael Fowke of New Zealand 21-7, 21-10.
    The wins were clinical but Chong Wei’s mind was on more pressing issues.
    The racquet — an Amortec 900 from Yonex — he used at last year’s World Championships went on auction yesterday and Chong Wei said the money would go towards Solibad, Badminton Without Borders, charity projects all over the world.
    Last year, he gave his shirt from the final of the world meet against Lin Dan of China to the same charity and it fetched US$1,000.
    “I hope the racquet will fetch a higher price to help the many underprivileged people in the world,” said Chong Wei, referring to the 10-day auction at the link www.ebay.com/itm/Lee-Chong-Wei-racket-YONEX-Amortec-900-used-during-2010-WC-/280874136822.
    Chong Wei was also quite emotional when he spoke about former Johor state player Gan Cheng Wei, whom he had visited at the government hospital here yesterday.
    “He is undergoing chemotherapy for blood cancer. His face lit up when he saw me and I’m glad that I was there for him,” said Chong Wei.
    “He comes from a poor background and I’m going to host a donation drive this Saturday to generate some money for his medical expenses.
    “He’s only 19 and has many years to look forward to. I want to do my part to help him.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/5/4/sports/11230499.asp&sec=sports

8. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Limsy has a looong way to catch good looking Georgie's postings. As for Muthu chap, have you play hide-and-seek with them, maybe you are too young to play this games which I used to do with my friends, and we malays and Indians and chinese friends playing this stuff, it was a nightmare to find them hiding the dark with their closedand mouth closed.:D

9. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    watched LCW vs FWC at GP Johor, Malaysia... seem like he was play not as usual:confused:... difference when he defeated Tommi a day after, he played with full of confidence;)

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Actually SWH has the skills of a top player. What he lacked was confidence and belief. His coach SSM probably told him to imagine LCW being nervous. That then shored up SWH s confidence and steadied his own nerves. It s a good psychological trick.

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Now you are talking politics!

How not to separate politics from everyday life?

12. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

you might not realize BAM is already being politicalize...

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    No wonder Badminton is not becoming a popular sport worldwide. Many National Associations, not just in Malaysia, but in many other countries, are allowing politicians to come in to have a say.

Even at our BC forum, we can see who are our BCers more interested in politics than in Badminton.
    :):):)

14. eaglehelang

Politics as in relation to LCW. We all know abt the hu ha when he got back from 2008 OG. The tug of war between politicians for the only medalist for Msia, the strive for one up- manship
    Plus recently,some baddy players(BAM and independent) for an exhibition match vs some politician for 'meet with public' session. It was organised by BN, LCW,KKK/TBH were not involved this time. I would expect more of this kinda stuff as election looms nearer. LCW, KKK/TBH has participated in these activities bf. For KKK/TBH,it was the one that Rexy got pissed off cos they did not play well in a tournament a few days later

#7894 eaglehelang, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  15. RyuHayabusa5985

RyuHayabusa5985 Regular Member

It is definitely bringing down the sport of badminton in Malaysia!!!!! It should be run by Badminton central forumers. Hahaha.

16. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    I assume saying "NO" is not an option for the athletes? ;)

17. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    that is standard LCW. Always look no confidence in final match. thats only why he always defeated in final game.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i assume if the GE 13 held after OG 2012
    we can see lcw flying all over the place,been invited by BN.
    lol

of course u can say no
    but u will kena teruk teruk after that
    so what is ur answer?

19. eaglehelang

KKK's reply during the 2007 incident was they were asked by BAM to participate in the exhibition match, so, they had to go.;);) After Rexy's outburst, KKK/TBH didnt participate in such activities, till... recently.

A little correction, TBH was present at the recent one at Pahang,I didnt notice some new photos in FB that had the group photo. Others present : CPS, GLY, Ng Pau Ling, KLRC's Hafiz, Sairol Ayub, K Yogendran, Zulfadli and I think.. is Tan Bin Shen. These are personal photos by the fans who attended, so I think not approriate to post here.
    I surprised the Health Minister, Dato Seri Liow Tiong Lai was there to officiate, ohhh, badminton connected to exercising for health :D

LCW, after the 2008 post OG situation(pls scroll back & read :p), was pissed for being used as political leverage, so was Misbun. After that, didnt see LCW in such activities, he organise his own charity events. Basically those not obviously related to political parties, rather hard to do actually.

20. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student