Victor Meteor X 2012 London Edition Racquet and NS-880 String

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Sep 15, 2011.

1. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

Finally got my MX Londons today (thanks to Benwilluk for supplying)! I'll give it a go later on the factory strings, but I don't expect it to be too different from my MX60 or MX80...and I'm not sure exactly what difference the hybrid composite technology makes but damn it looks good :D I'm still waiting for those of you with a MX70 to compare it with the MX London though.

MX Londons2.jpg

2. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Ant - looks good.

I personally think this feels stiffer to play with than the MX70. The Hybrid Composite is supposed to make the racket head feel more rigid and it certainly feels it to me.

If I make it to the London get together I will bring the MX70 for you to try :eek:)

3. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

MX London was pretty much as I expected. It does feel almost as stiff as the MX80 but it was easier to generate power out of it like the MX60. Now I just need to string it to my tension and I'm sure it will be another monster racquet from Victor :cool:

Ben - I'd love to try the MX70 but at the moment it looks unlikely that I can make the meet up :(

4. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    The finish design is awesome

5. robotshuttle

robotshuttle Regular Member

how is it compared to the vt80:D

6. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Hrmmm not too many reviews on this racket... I'm considering getting one because I can get it for $150CAD but if it's about the same as the MX80 then I'll pass... I rather get a second JJS :p

7. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    From what i know, it is similar to MX70.

8. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Just got mine strung with BG66UM @26lbs, wrapped a layer of AC102EX grip and gave it a try last night. This racket is very stiff, though it's not as stiff as its brother, the MX80, but feels heavier. I'm wondering if it is 3U... Too bad, I don't have digital weighing scale to measure it up but it is most likely at the upper limit of 3U... 89.99gr perhaps :D

Played for various shots during half-court single exercise, baseline-to-baseline clears were effortless, dropshots were sharp and precise, and net-shots were pretty accurate as well as the fast-flat drives. It's not so easy to generate power to do check/full smashes, need to pay more attention to the fingers and pronation but the result can be very rewarding.
    Compared to my N90, this racket doesn't compete as good on the power-house kind of stuff. However, the smash direction are more controlled with better accuracy. IMO, this racket is better for playing those quality shots and controlled rallies rather than just a brutal and aggressive attacks.

Other than that, the design and finishing quality of this racket are superb. The appearance is not so eye-catching but if you put more attention to the details, the latest hi-end/limited edition Yonex rackets are not even close to catch the workmanship of it. I think Victor spent more effort on the QC for this MX-London, good job Victor !

#148 quixilver, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013