Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. nkt0811

nkt0811 Regular Member

Costing Executive
  2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    It's all about the dum dum da da da dum.. can't remember who sang it.

3. Khai_AS10

Khai_AS10 Regular Member

Project Basis

All these are the contribution to the Flop of the Malaysian players (under BAM), players which not under BAM struggling on their own. Playing in the lower standard of tournament. Cant progress with their ranking.

These are my opinion!

So the Q: " Is BAM going in the right direction?"
    Answer: yes.... all the time in 'right direction' which make a big circle within the same place. (running in one place)

Pity Malaysian Badminton lovers and all the Malaysians!

#1463 Khai_AS10, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
  4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    that's funny.:D:D:D
    tcs and co won more title than anyone else(who choose to stay in bam) except lcw.:D:D:D
    so does the md.

5. Khai_AS10

Khai_AS10 Regular Member

Project Basis
    As i said bro.... in my opinion...
    correct me if i'm wrong...

6. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Excerpt:

"As long as the current system prevails, we will never have players like Ratchanok Intanon (of Thailand) who is a world champion at 18. The senior coaches must also look beyond BJSS and travel to the states to identify talent directly."

Read more: Catch them young! - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/catch-them-young-1.340075#ixzz2cQZcnWln

There you have it, God forbid if you are a world class material at the age of 18. You will never be discovered. This calling from the rest of the thinking minds who are still not rusty yet but just squeaky enough to find fault in the current system, shows that the current system has been like this all this while, forn what, 15 years? High Performance Director my *essay*. They ran out of useless 3 letter designations to justify their salary and it's now coming to 4 letter words, if you get my drift. It's no wonder we have been stagnant. (smack my forehead). You do not even need to think that hard to see what's wrong, much more pretend to think so deeply like the one who left recently. Remember him striking this 'thinking' pose when malaysia got kicked out from Thomas Cup this year? I hope they don't 'pretend' to think again when much have been said, and the secret formula is out. Do you guys know that a sports complex here in Ipoh has just opened less than 3 months ago, and it's already organizing competition and cash prizes for people of all ages. Guess who comes to the opening ceremony? Park Joo Bong and Razif Sidek. Common BAM, don't be a white elephant, I know you will indeed be one when LCW finally hangs up his racket.

thinking man.jpg

7. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

If I am not wrong, RI was not discovered by Thai national team, and even not under the Thai national team system currently...
    She was discovered by a coach in his parents' working factory, and still with this coach currently...
    Correct me if I am wrong...

8. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    You are right, as thats what I read recently in the newspaper.
    This is a very good example. Malaysia must focus on an active system to scoure the whole country
    for talents that are genuine and not spoilt like the centralise system presently.

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Actually, if you have a system that is producing work junior champions, I'd say the scouting system is not bad at all!! Granted that none of them are female.....

However, how many of those world junior champions move up to successful senior players is another issue. What's wrong in the development that players don't reach successful senior level?

10. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Obviously the senior players central system simply doesn't work.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    because the junior came from bjss,under yap kim hock.
    then they went into the hopeless bam,all gone
    wakakakkakaa

12. gunner93

gunner93 Regular Member

Dont let our badminton be like our sepak takraw team. The Thais totally took over! :crying:

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    The senior players central system works producing a WR1 MS and not too long ago a WR1 MD pairing. Except that the clowns at BAM concentrate their resources/funding in LCW, TBH/KKK hoping these trio can score the gold biscuits, thus enabling these clowns to collect their bonuses/rewards, leaving crumbs to develop the junior WC, so how to move up to play the CHN boys/gals?
    These clowns do not plan a long career grooming MAS baddy players, they are in the short haul to enrich themselves so they park their bets on Dato and TBH/KKK to deliver the goods, or maybe these clowns do not have the vision, planning, ability to run MAS baddy...amazing these clowns can have such a long career, this is the true MAS system, there is no accountability.
    So close that Dato almost delivered the golds in 2011 WC, 2013 WC and 2012 OLY, maybe that was not meant to be as the higher up see through these clowns' plan and have LD ruined the party for them.

14. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Exactly.

Why not let them continue to follow the good coach like RI? Don't try to fix if nothing go wrong. BAM never try to fix when everything go wrong...

15. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

A system is called a system because it is sustainable. If a system could only produce one or two good products but the rest 95+% fails, that system must be wrong.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    that's the culture of malaysia asociation
    they only fight for money and power,not for the sport
    the big bro(read and pronounce as Barisan National) teach them.
    let see how the new president will do(should be a good guy

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    personally i dont want any of them include lcw to win wc or og
    this only benefit those who do nothing but harmful to malaysia badminton.
    see what happen with only 1 thomas cup in 1992 and DOOM! malaysia badminton was gone for 20 years

18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    You are not getting the drift...you dwell too much on system...in MAS, where got system, like we say 'Mana ada sistem?'

19. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    I think the idea of the successful teenage players remaining with their own coaches
    in states/clubs into their senior years is the best as these coaches will have closer
    relationship and pride with their own players. Also the players respect their own
    coaches but the funding to the centralize system must be redistributed to the
    states/clubs.
    Also there will be less politicking at state/club level and the sharks at central level
    will also be kept at bay.

20. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I was born and raised in MAS, a good looking chap once upon a time:D, I still keep in touch with my Malaysians friends and after 30+ yrs away, while the landscape has changed with the twin towers sprining up and what-nots, everything else remains as is especially politics, with Dato running everything...sadly to the ground;) Your post has merit but BAM to distribute duit to state/clubs, that would never happen. To the politicians running the show, the good times keep on rolling and cashing in, why change, are you crazy?...to improve baddy, you got to be kidding, it all about the cash and how fast to loot it before retiring. When it comes to public funding on sports or anything, after the politicians get their hands on the loot, there is nothing much crumbs left, and the remaining change money are concentrated on Dato and KKK/TBH that the clowns hope would score the good medal and you know Malaysians lar, when they are happy their hero win, they go loopy-loopy, locko-locko, mabok-mabok, everything else is just fine, happy-lor.;)When their hero lost, they got pissed and hit the nearest kopitiam and vent to their friends, down a teh tarik, and go home happy again:D
    Here is the truth....We know the states/club get nothing, the backup players making like pittance 900RM a month (with this cash, how to support themselves lah...dating, forget it unless you take the date to pasar malam and makan there lor)...so with the millions in funding, I really wanna know how much Rashid, TSB, TKH, NCC, KG, Nadzmi, and others make, where did the $$$ went? We can figure out how much LCW makes but that dude earns it rightfully, we have no complaint.
    And with all this millions funding everyyear, all MAS got to show is a 30+ yr old LCW. That is really sad....across the border to Siam, there are talents aplenty and a WC champ to boost. Wait till LCW retires, playing Thai in Sudirman, MAS may get a duck:crying: