Victor Super Waves 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by chungjun, Oct 2, 2009.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

2. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Not sure about control but SW35 is stiffer, is more powerful and more head heavy.

3. Marpan

Marpan Regular Member

I would like to make a comment regarding SW35.

I have been using SW35 for about 4 months now.. I have to say that I dont agree with LD Rule or Ichiigo comment regarding the net shots.... I find it much easier than Armotec 900 or 9900 to net or to cross court drop. The sheer power that this generates I have to agree with LD rules & Ichiigo.

I also would like to state that the day I give up using SW35 is the day that I quit badminton.. which is never!!!!

4. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Oh my, should I be feeling guilty or should I pledge my allegiance irrevocably (at least for 365 days). Guys my faith is not as strong as yours, certainly with Yonex teasing with a whole new line of VOLTRICs...I hope I don't fold:eek:?

Btw, I do agree with Marpan regarding net shots being better than AT900 T and NS9900 however, I must point out that I have slap another grip (very tightly wrapped) on top of the stock grip thereby repositioning the bp which made it a little quicker;):D.

But SiW35 simply is at the top of the heap, for me, right now, + 365 days;):D:cool:!

5. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I've been using it for about 2 months and its been excellent. I think a bit more time and the more delicate shots will improve since I find that sometimes, its still quite hard to control.

6. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Seems like alot of die hard SW35 supporters in this forum ! Maybe the SW35 will be Victor's equivalent of Yonex's Ti10 and AT700 (1st version) in time to come. Time to stock up !

Come to think of it, maybe I should bring out my 1st Gen Ti10 and play abit to see if it is similar to the SW35. But since it is in mint condition, I didn't want to risk getting paint chips and devalue it.

7. Marpan

Marpan Regular Member

To be honest Teoky, SW35 is in the league of it's own, maybe when the Voltric comes out with 70, 80 or 90 or even 100 but talking about overall perfomance and control SW35 is better than any competitors and half the price or Yonex. (i most likely to be shot by say this). ^^

8. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Yeah, the SW35 is such an excellent racket! I'm thinking of just getting a third one and not use anything else. Its that good!

9. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Is anybody here already try to compare SW35 and Spira21 in term of power, stiffness, control, defense, etc?? I am in the middle of deciding to purchase either one of them.

10. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Spiral 21 personally i feel not as stiff as Super wave 35 , its a bit lighter, its quite similar to Yonex Nanospeed 9900,, the one that Tan Boon Keong is using now.

11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

If you refer to post #170 I said that netshots were excellent. In fact there is nothing that is below excellent, with this racket:)

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

see, I knew that more people would like it. It is quite easy to get used to, in comparison to other rackets.

13. RSLvictorSOTX

Erm, Ti10 was good in its time and it still is but it is nowhere near SW 35 so keep your Ti10 in the wraps so that it stays MINT (ting:D!)!

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Yeah, diehard would be a good way to describe it.:) don't risk your Ti10, you already know that the SW35 is a better racket

15. RSLvictorSOTX

Is it fair to assume that your top 5 rackets would be:

1. SW 35:)
    2. SW 35;)
    3. SW 35:cool:
    4. SW 35:D
    5. SW 35:D:D:D

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Yes, that is probably correct, but I don't have enough money for that many :( but if I did have unlimited amounts of money, I would buy every SW35 that came off the production line.:D

17. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Spira 21 is not stiff at all though it is rated as ultra stiff.

There is a different flex to the shaft and it actually feels flexible to me. The swing is fast but I can't get used to the it at all.

SW35 beats it in all category. If you notice the recent tournament, I don't think any of the professional players are using Spira 21 but more and more are switching to SW35.

18. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    TBH is now using Ti10 (3rd gen) whereas KKK is using Arc8DX. There was a time when both was using the NS9900 but not anymore.

19. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Seeing how SP21 was not popular, I wonder what Victor will do with the SP22. I will be interested to see how they would market it since the SW/BS series are the two that most players go for.

20. RSLvictorSOTX

Totally agree to disagree regarding Spira 21's stiffness rating!

NS9900 though ultra stiff is way too headlight that it's utter waste of energy much better expended for tactical manouvres rather than wringing every last ounce of energy to power it home imo;)! Therefore, it makes total sense that TBH and KKK switch to Ti10 and 8DX respectively. ''What you put in is what you get out'' from Ti10 and 8DX plain and simple!

Even BS users are switching back to SW series (everyday users). Initially, it would seem the BS series cuts through the air better (''aerodynamically'' in some aspects compared to SW series but overall performance says it's otherwise) but then it's not:mad:.

#200 RSLvictorSOTX, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010