Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

hehehe, maybe, maybe, smart this jasonmarc

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    It is quite hard.... If BAM really wants LCW to play at Axiata so badly, it is possible that they will "influence" the Doctor to issue approval letter...The Doctor then might decide which "influence" is favorable.

Just another possible scenario..

3. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    I dont get this Axiata Cup at all...and Boe playing for the Philippines? :confused: Kenny Goh did mention the final decision on this matter still depends on LCW and further analysis on his injury. It is clear as day that Thomas Cup more important than Axiata Cup. Why the 'hush2' on LCW will play in Axiata on later matches but considering to pull him out from points-awarded TC? So silly and confusing.

Why not just rest LCW til' IND SS? Surely he deserves it? Just let Hafiz take LCW's place in Axiata, I think he needed the money more than LCW.

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    No one is listening to the MAS National Sports Institute (ISN) Director-General ?

Surprisingly no one is listening to the Malaysian National Sports Institute (ISN) Director-General Datuk Dr Ramlan Abdul Aziz? - Who said that the injury could take between three to five weeks to heal.

:confused::confused::confused:

Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2012/3/20/sports/10950920&sec=sports

5. eaglehelang

6. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

Glad to hear that he is not playing. This Axiata Cup thingy should be hold during a non-olympic year.

7. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Fiuh... Now waiting for MRI Test Result.. Hope Dato fast recovery...

8. KariSeng

KariSeng Regular Member

xiong guobao was a china national team. these comments were put in is to distract and confuse datuk and his team so that lin dan will win the london olympic gold easier.

dato's court craft, technique,power, speed,strategy and net-play is vastly inferior compared to super dan. this was clearly seen when super dan totally destroyed dato in the beijing olympics final.

KariSeng fears that dato may not even reach the final in london. and he is preparing an excuse with his recent injury.

dato shld focus on picking up money from super series that super dan is not interested in.
    and also shld sell more massage chairs, rice, faber-castell, etc.

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    View attachment 118884
    * Courtesy of Badmintoncn.com

I really do not want this scene happening again at 2012 London Olympic Games..

LCW looks really depressed, broken inside out, speechless on the other position LD & CJ have a joyful smile, they have achieved their own & their nation's target..

What a sad scene...

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    very painful for all LCW's fans.:crying:

11. eaglehelang

12. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
  13. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

I have an unconventional idea that may help LCW to capture a gold medal @OG 2012, which is to meet a significant other who can motivate him and support him. LD has XXF in the last few years to support him and to motivate him. I wonder if it will make a difference if the same happened to LCW....just a thought.

14. Footwork_816

Footwork_816 Regular Member

this pic...just wants to make me cry :crying:

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Me too. Could someone delete it?

16. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I dunno what the fuss in the photo. First, LD played the game of his life, totally outclassed Dato so no regrets for our Dato cos there was nothing Dato could do that night. even MS was tidak apa:confused: Just to be an Olympian is an honour, to medal in any color standing on the podium is an achievement and winning silver, what's so wrong about that, better than bronze or worse, 4th place that really sucks? On the other hand, losing WC11 with 2 match points to LD, can almost smell victory only to see it disappeared, that was a real downer and deep regrets:crying:

#7676 OneToughBirdie, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  17. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Very true, LCW has a lead in 1st & 2nd set of WC11, luckily he is able to secure 1st set. In contrast several points lead in the 3rd & deciding game has just withered away by Dato, as a result, LD is able to show off his muscular body to the world once again. Dato does not look as sad as OG2008, perhaps it was due to WC is held annually with Olympic Year as an exception, on the other hand OG is held once in a four years, that must be heart breaking..:crying:

18. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday March 23, 2012
    Dr Ramlan: Shuttler Chong Wei needs five-week rest to fully recover
    By KNG ZHENG GUAN
    [​IMG]
    KUALA LUMPUR: World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei (pic) will need up to five weeks on the sidelines if he intends to make a full recovery.
    That is the message from National Sports Institute (NSI) chief Datuk Dr Ramlan Abdul Aziz.
    The 29-year-old Chong Wei injured his right shoulder at the All-England earlier this month.
    Although he braved the pain to make it to the final, the injury eventually forced Chong Wei to give up his bid for a third consecutive title as he withdrew whilst trailing old rival Lin Dan.
    The Penangite resumed training on Wednesday but has ruled himself out of this week’s US$1mil Axiata Cup matches although he remains hopeful of making a return for the semi-finals next week.

However, after assessing the MRI scans, Dr Ramlan has advised Chong Wei to rest for at least three to five weeks to avoid aggravating the injury.
    “It’s nothing too serious, just a muscle spasm,” said Dr Ramlan.
    “But he needs to rest the shoulder for three to five weeks if he intends to make a full recovery. There’s no other way of accelerating the recovery process.
    “Right now, it’s just a muscle pull and, fortunately, there are no signs of any other injuries.
    “The NSI team started treating him immediately after Birmingham and he is already in the second week of recovery.
    “But there is a need to manage the injury well in order not to let it become chronic as this is an Olympic year.
    “It’s still too soon for him to return to action. I will monitor his recovery on a week-to-week basis and will let his coaches know when he is fit to play,” added Dr Ramlan.
    This assessment means Chong Wei will not be ready for the Axiata Cup semi-finals although he could play in the final if the Malaysia Tigers make it.
    National singles coach Tey Seu Bock, however, remains hopeful that Chong Wei will recover in time for the semi-finals.
    “He won’t play this week and we will wait for Dr Ramlan’s advice before deciding whether can he play next week,” said Seu Bock.
    “Although the Axiata Cup is not a major tournament, it would be good for him to compete because too long a period without action won’t be good either ahead of the Thomas Cup and Olympics.”
    In Chong Wei’s absence, the burden of carrying the Tigers through to the semi-finals falls on the shoulders of Mohd Hafiz Hashim, Liew Daren, Mohd Arif Abdul Latif and doubles pairs Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Goh V Shem-Lim Khim Wah.
    The Tigers are grouped with second string Indonesian side Rajawali, the Philippines and Thailand.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/3/23/sports/10971819.asp&sec=sports

Haiseh,why got so many :crying:icon up there? Past is past, we look froward to this yr's OG

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Dato may not look sad losing in OLY08, could be because he was shell shocked at the way LD played. MS/Dato had no clue how to counter. IMO, if there is one game that showcased LD's best game, OLY08 final is the one.
    That picture showing LD inviting Dato to join him, and Dato looking hesitant could be Dato was still shell shocked and thinking 'you are dangerous, man, I ain't coming over, you scared the daylight out of me:D
    After LD retired, OLY08 final could be the one defining game in LD career that we can look back and be awed, much like ZJH in 1990 AE final, the greatest baddy game I ever seen.
    Losing in WC11 with 2 match points and the moment that MAS is waiting for the first WC champ (btw, still waiting and after LCW is done, can wait long-long lah...Zzzzz), who knows Dato might be banging his nuts at home and thinking to himself 'Man-o-man, I can see the BBQ pork right at the net, can smell it, feel it, touch it and almost can chomp at the thingie but somehow the darn char-siu slipped away:crying:

#7679 OneToughBirdie, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

now, that sounded painful