Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. hiho1961

hiho1961 Regular Member

Builder
    Tough for TH to always carry the flag. But I think the other players ie MD and XD should maybe focusing and preparing better for tournaments. He has always been a good roll model but a shame to see him in this light. Hope he still enjoys the game as sometimes it looks like he is going through the motions in the twilight of his carreer. Good luck to him and his campeign to help badminton. Badminton has to find new stars and nurture them in the right way so that they may shine one day so be patient. Best Wishes to Taufik Hidayat

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Taufik begins renovation of four courts
    The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Tue, 08/16/2011 7:00 AM

Full report: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/08/16/taufik-begins-renovation-four-courts.html

Excerpt:

Veteran Indonesian shuttler Taufik Hidayat has initiated his proclaimed “badminton-revival actions” in renovating four badminton courts of the overall 30 courts he believes are in dire need of rehabilitation spread across the East Jakarta municipality.

Taufik’s team THArena, which stands for Taufik Hidayat Arena, started the first renovation works at the Balekambang badminton court, on Aug. 11-13, followed by a court in Kebon Pala on Aug. 15-18. The third location is Kalisari on Aug. 20-23 and the fourth is in Cijantung, which will be renovated on Aug. 25-27.

The work includes repairing the badminton court and its lighting system, as well as giving away sets of badminton equipment to low income families.

3. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    Taufik's idea on renovating some courts is really great.. bcoz in some area of Jakarta, the court's floor is still made by cement ( and some are not that smooth )

* Out Of Topic
    But to me personally, Badminton in Indonesia is becoming more and more expensive ( compared to our salaries )

I once played badminton in a really nice place ( nice lightning, carpet floor ) and it cost me US$ 7/hour.. where the minimum salary is about US$ 100-120/month

The cheapest place i found is about US$3/hour.. but still, the price for watching movies in a theater ( i assume many youngster loves to watch movies nowadays ) is just US$2/movie

But still I hope, with TH's dedication towards badminton, it could ignite again the badminton spirit in Indonesia.. especially for those youngsters who want to become athlete but don't have money to play.. :)

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Somewhere in Japan, August 20...

[video=youtube;AK9Xh9VluJY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK9Xh9VluJY[/video]

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Taufik and Nova playing doubles for Tangkas Alfamart earlier this year...

[video=youtube;WM7uCm7Lwfo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM7uCm7Lwfo&feature=related[/video]

6. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I agree, it's becoming a pretty expensive sport especially if you play singles
    5 persons play for 2 hours and that's around $2-3 each. it's almost as expensive as soccer (5 VS 5)

$6 per hour if you play until 5 in the afternoon after that it would be $11 per hour
    the availability also pretty limited, too many people who wants to play badminton and there are to few courts available

usually I went to my friend's church, they have an ok place to play badminton, pretty small, cement floor, but at least you can play there for free
    I can play for 3-4 hours there
    on rented court? maybe 2-3 hours max because it's just too expensive for student like me

7. lucius

lucius Regular Member

Assistant
    Taufik Hidayat might not be so aggressive like the past, but I think he might become the best defensive player. Taufik will come back with a different style , and I believe he will stay for another 5 year in the game before he retire.

8. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    haha, me too, i played on my friend's apartment, so the court fee is free.. :D

but, my friend said that when he compared it to playing tennis in Indonesia, it's more expensive than playing badminton.. *i didn't know, since i haven't played tennis at all*

I think every racket-type sports is expensive :(
    isn't the best defensive player still in the hands of LCW? :)

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    When you hire a Tennis court, you are hiring the space of an equivalent of 4 Badminton courts. This is why.

Table Tennis is a cheaper game to play. You can fit in 2 Table Tennis tables in the space of 1 Badminton court. :):):)

#909 chris-ccc, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  10. iSeVeN_Ultimate

iSeVeN_Ultimate Regular Member

Student
    i agreed, i think he should be smart and patience like peter gade ( peter is older than taufik, his skil is not better than taufik, his power is the worst around world top 10. but he play smart, patience and he forced his oponent to play a rally). and the most important is his figthing spirit. i had seen several his match and i think he is only doing a match and not too forced to winning the match.

11. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    and the ball used in table tennis last longer than badminton.. :D

FYI, the court in Taiwan ( Tainan ) is 400NT starts from 19.00-23.00 :eek: That's 2x more expensive than the most expensive so far i found in Indonesia..

yuppie.. around the world top 5 ( he's still in top 5 right? ) i think he has the worst fighting spirit.. that's why 'grandpa' peter gade always beat him... :D

12. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    Hi folks, may be my old eyes are not good enough, early in the morning it might be worse, but I didn"t see Taufik in the JO draw - what are the news? Is he injured (or is it my eye again?) I guess he still needs some qualification point for the London games.

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2011 Japan Open (Sep 20-25): Taufik is seeded No.5

The 2011 Japan Open news are in this thread;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...en-SS-Day-1-(Qualification-Rounds)-Tue-20-Sep

One thing for sure... Taufik is not involved in Day 1, at the Qualification Rounds.

Why? Because Taufik is seeded No.5.

BTW, Taufik won't be playing until Day 3 (Round 2). And we are all waiting to see who (the qualifier) would get to face him. :D:D:D

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=94C74A61-90D9-4DDA-AA73-934C55FD6196&draw=2

#913 chris-ccc, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    .... senior citizens get preferential treatment and discounts... !!!! :D:p:p

15. iSeVeN_Ultimate

Student
    he will come to japan open super series.
    i think it's too hard to win this tournament. ( he's 5 seed, there are LCW, LD, PG, CL, and CJ).
    maybe his best achievement now in japan is semifinal

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Taufik was thrice runner-up in the Japan Open, in 2006, 2007 and 2009. He lost in the finals to Lin Dan, LCW, and Bao Chunlai.
    He has always had some very good games at the Japan Open, but often, luck has not favoured him at critical moments.
    I agree, it is difficult for him to consider winning it this time, because the field is very strong and he will not have the energy reserves to push through.
    But for me, it is good just to watch him play!!! Keep playing, Taufik!!!! :):):)

17. iSeVeN_Ultimate

Student
    i want to see LD vs taufik in his best performance ( last in korea open QF).
    taufik is too forced to back a net chop or netting with netting again even his opponent is on front of the net.
    it's too dangerous. and he is too often make a mistake.
    i think taufik must fix it.
    but i'm not blame taufik because he achieved all tournament that he participate( except all england).
    i'm wait to see another indonesian player like taufik hidayat, one of the best men single player.

18. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

taufik lost @R1 japan open.. too early as usual??

19. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    Lost the willing to fight? but i hope Taufik won't show this kind of fighting spirit in London 2012..

20. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    It is sad to see TH(5) crashing out in the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] round of the main draw of the 2011 Yonex Open Japan SS tournament to the unseeded Chinese Taipeh player, Chou Tien Chen, 17-21, 21-12, 18-21, a player he easily beat in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] round of 2011 US GPG tournament 21-15, 21-11.
    2011 has so far been unkind to TH and his losses are:-
    Rnd 2 of BWF WC to DWZL 17-21, 14-21
    Final of Canadian Open to MZ(S2) 13-21, 23-25
    Final of US GPG to MZ(S6) 16-21. 15-21
    TH was seeded 1 in both the Canadian and US opens and he was well-seeded in the other tournaments he played in 2011 prior to the aforesaid.
    With YOJ loss, it is obvious that TH’s world ranking will drop and this will not bode well for his final appearance at the 2012 Olympics where he could meet a seeded player even in the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] round.

#920 skchen, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011