LCW+Misbun combination

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ixory, Mar 30, 2007.

1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

From what I see, I think that for now...
    Lin Dan is at the top, one step higher than LCW.
    LCW is already one to two steps higher than the rest of the 'high level' tier, like Peter Gade, Chen Jin...etc. I don't consider Taufik Hidayat as a high level player any longer, more of middle tier. (I don't have anything against him, it is just that he has gotten old, and his stamina was never impressive, so he can't be a Peter Gade)

Therefore, if Lin Dan is playing to his average form while LCW is playing better than average, I feel it might be an equal platform. Again, it is hard to tell, but I feel that the LCW - LD match up is going to happen again, I cannot see shock losses coming yet, or maybe after I have a look at the draw, then I can comment again.

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Its not a failure... but I think this combination has reach its peak, lcw might need to change coach to diversify his tactics..

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    ..and which coach might that be?:confused:

4. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Why dont you include LD in the list?

5. undeadshot

LD is definitely NOT, NOT, NOT a failure :rolleyes:

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yes, IMHO, their combination had reached it's peak during OG and LCW has wasted 1 1/2 years. No disrespect to MS, he should let LCW go and look for another "master' to teach him something new. LCW doesn't have much time left. He should seriously consider this move if he fails to land the AE.

#186 nokh88, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

This AE is actually crucial for LCW. Like it or not, its a must win actually.

8. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    something new?

teach something new and just what would that be? since ms doesn't know he is not teaching lcw something new and you knew it and stated it, might as well tell us the something new and finally we, the audience would definitely be happy!:)

9. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    let's switch the coaches and players around the world!

part 1.
    let us assume you, the guru are correct, that lcw+ms=failure so lcw go china trained under the thing, would that be okay?

then cj+his coach on the other hand is also a failure, so should we ditch his coach?

after 2 months came the a.e. and as we all know there would be only 1 champion and whoever that runner-up+his coach definitely would also be a failure so in this case, supposedly these champion & runner-up is taught by the same coach, who would you ditch this time?

definitely not the player as it has to be the coach...

part 2 (if you reply i will post it):D:D

10. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach

if you think lcw needs to change coach, read post #189:D

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I am not being rude or evasive of your question but I am no badminton coach and didn't say that I know what to teach LCW to be a better player. I am saying there could be another coach who may help him to improve further. I am just a badminton fan and I gave my opinions based on results achieved by the player/s.:)

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    LCW has at best 3 AEs to try to win. This AE10, with LD 'resting' and coming of a lacklustre EAG09 while LCW fresh from 2 straight SS wins makes a very interesting AE. If Dato can maintain his form, he has a good chance to take it...but AE is also home and best hunting ground to LD...but before anyone start counting the chicks there are other players who could spoil this rendevous so let's see the draw

13. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    my apology, maybe i should have rephrase that before i posted!

at first i though you may have some clue what's the next ingredient(s) needed to be in lcw's soup so that it's completely delicious! so that's why i ask you! sorry for that misunderstanding!

but sometime we just have to consider other factors and can't based on current results achieved to give our comment (that's only my opinion)!;);)

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Is that Yap Kim Hock going to the AE as well?

I am kinda worried bout Datuk actually. Is YKH gonna be there as well? Dont want to see a repeat of WC 2007 at this year's AE.

If YKH is going, I hope he is sitting about at least 200 feet away when LCW is playing. And I hope YKH is wearing a hat as well.

15. undeadshot

Lee Chong Wei has no other good chance to win the AE or WC already. He has the highest chance last year and this year, but failed to win both last year. Expectations are high for him to do it this year. I have a feeling he might pull the AE off this time, but still, if he doesn't, Lee Chong Wei is still a hero of Malaysia, although he will never be compared to as a great.

Let's go, Chong Wei + Misbun! This is your greatest chance to make things work out!

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Advice from Becker

Found something to substantiate my claim that LCW needs a new coach to achieve his goal. The major points are relevant to Datuk.

http://themalaysianinsider.com/inde...s-new-help-to-take-the-final-step-says-becker

Courtesy of MalaysianInsider.

Murray needs new help to take the final step, says Becker LONDON, Feb 1 — Andy Murray needs to tap into the knowledge of some of the “icons of the game” if he is to move from grand slam contender to champion, according to six-time major winner Boris Becker. Murray (picture) was in tears after yesterday’s 6-3 6-4 7-6 defeat by Roger Federer in the Australian Open final, his second grand slam final defeat after he was swept aside by Federer in the 2008 US Open.
    Yesterday’s loss was closer, but not much, as only in the third set did Murray begin to show the aggression and risk-taking necessary to disturb Federer’s cruise to his 16th grand slam.
    Becker said that Murray had played the best major tournament of his career in Melbourne but that it had also revealed that he needs to work on his aggression.
    “How assertive he was in the final was always going to be crucial. At the very start of the match he went head to head with Roger, but he then reverted to his usual defensive game, and allowed Roger to play such great tennis,” Becker wrote in the Daily Telegraph.
    “Even when he had set points, in the third set, he could not take the big step. He tried to attack, but a mid-court forehand let him down. It is not a shot he would usually select, and on the big points, tennis players revert to instinct.
    “It was a revealing moment, and one which showed that Andy now needs to improve technically, to ingrain the killer shot so deep inside him that it becomes instinctive to play it at the right moment, like Roger. That is the next stage in his progression.
    “I was looking at Andy’s box during the match and there was no one up there who knows what it is like to be out in a grand slam final. Don’t get me wrong, ‘Team Murray’ are first rate — they have made Andy the third best player on the planet — but you cannot learn the skills you need out on the centre court from a book, or from hearsay.
    “You need to talk to people like John McEnroe, Jimmy Connors, someone Andy would listen to and respect. For Murray, it is now about playing the right shot at the right time, not running or going to the gym.”
    Becker, who won Wimbledon three times, the Australian Open twice and the US Open once, ruled himself out of the job but said Murray needed someone who has achieved the ultimate in the game to be alongside him in the slams to “talk about the five or so make-or-break shots in a match, and how best to play them.”
    “Andy will be among the top men’s players over the next five years, but if he wants to be above them, not amid them, he needs to have someone in his corner who knows what it is like to win a grand slam, to climb the Mount Everest of tennis,” Becker said.
    “The air is thin up there, and Andy needs to surround himself with people who have been to the summit, who can describe to him how they got there, and how he can as well.” — Reuters

17. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    tennis & badminton?

the comment made by boris becker, is absolutely logic as young andy still has 5 years ahead to compete for the major! does lcw have? :confused:

boris mentioned andy, basically in layman's term, do not know how to win - that very crucial moment he just go cuckoo! so he was suggesting andy needs someone, a former major winner to be by his side and guide him to win!

what andy needs here is motivation from an ex-champion whom hopefully he can get along with beside providing him some past winning experience.;)

also, and you have mixed it up here, becker said andy needs help, he didn't say "ditch the coach"!:p

so my friend, the above i am sorry can't substantiate your claim for lcw to change a new coach. i don't blame you because you are not a coach as you have said but just a badminton player...;)

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thanks for your input:). Are you a coach?:confused:

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Have you checked his profile??..^^

..see Occupation (but sure spends quite a bit of time in this forum) and his website..;)

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thanks. Just did that and saw the webpage but haven't really read it.