Kason TSF 300 vs SoTx Woven 12

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by TLCal, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Slicedbanana07

Slicedbanana07 Regular Member

In that case why don't you swap the rackets for whatever style you are playing? (woven 11 for singles and NS8000 for doubles).

The NS8000 can make a very good doubles racket because of it's all round attribute (good power, good manueverability)

2. neo_Rabbit

neo_Rabbit Regular Member

cos the ns8000 isn't giving me the power i used to get with my Ti-6 (weird but true :confused:). the ns8000 is great for old man games where all you do is drop and push, but it's not quite suited for me (maybe i just have crap wrist power).

3. Kaiyo

Kaiyo Regular Member

Does anyone know where we I can buy replacement grommet strip (the strip at the top of the frame) for the Kason TSF 300 racquets? Mine has cracked so I would like a new one when I restring and hopefully can buy the grommet in UK.

4. YueFei

YueFei Regular Member

Student
    Hello, I'm a new member here, and this will be my first post ever. Nice to meet you all. :)
    I don't mean to revive an old argument, but I thought it'd be constructive to clarify the deal behind "Arcustec" from my personal understanding.

The Defining Feature:
    -Conventional rackets have a groove in the frame that runs from the 9'0'clock to the 3'o'clock position, creating somewhat of a horseshoe profile; "Arcustec" rackets, however, eliminate this groove, giving the racket a constant rounded-off triangle profile. As you can see, none of the grommets of the TSF 300 are in a groove, but all protrude from the frame.

-When the shuttle is struck by the racket, the string bed flexes and pulls on the racket frame. However, the horseshoe profile restricts the deformation of the frame, which in turn minimizes the flexing of the string bed.

-Kason claims that with "Arcustec", the profile allows for greater deformation of the frame, storing more energy and allowing for greater flexing of the string bed in the process. And I'm sure everyone here knows that the more a bow is drawn, the more powerful the shot. It's the same rather simple concept here.

So, in the end, "Arcustec" isn't a material innovation at all, but more of a structural design innovation.

And I'm no Kason sales rep (I would like to get my hands on one myself); I just have this image to thank for being able to explain all of the above :p:
    http://kason.com.cn/img2/tsf300a.jpg

I think this image does a better job at explaining "Arcustec" than the one provided by Supercwn...

5. aikakira

aikakira Regular Member

Student
    hehe

I am about to purchase a Kason TSF 300Ti (Gold) just to try it and see how it compares to my AT900T. Hopefully it won't disappoint me haha

The China team are going to switch to Kason as sponsors soon, I would like to see how all the proffessional players adapt to their new rackets hahaha

6. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Looking at the pictures, I get the impression that Arcustec is to improve torsion stiffness on the frame, (less movement of the head on the arc-picture and more head movement without..)

/T

7. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

:eek: what?????????? wow, that was a punch in the gut..... if thats true

8. aikakira

aikakira Regular Member

Student
    yah my friends a kason dealer and he got the information a few months back

he said the yonex contract is ending soon, they are going to change to Kason verrry soon hahaha

9. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

WOW:eek: This may cause a big shake up in the market for amateurs.

On the other hand, those Yonex monies will need to go somewhere. Hopefully, it will help to promote the game elsewhere.

10. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    If that's true, it could mean there's a change in Yonex marketing strategy ?

During the recent SS Masters, you can see that some of the Indonesians are being sponsored by other brands, I am not sure if it is just for that event or they have a new contract.

Kason is already sponsoring the China's junior team I believe ? So extending it to the senior team is merely extending the working relationship that they have.

11. YueFei

YueFei Regular Member

Student
    Yea, though the text description only mentions "greater repulsion".
    I'm guessing that the greater torsional stiffness of the head is probably due to the fact that most of the energy is first absorbed by the compression of the outer/grommet insert surface of the frame, whereas other rackets spread the energy throughout the head.

But anyway, I think Kason taking over sponsorship of Team China is pretty good news; hopefully, this will increase competition among racket manufacturers- and for Yonex to lower prices- and force all manufacturers to innovate even more. :D

#51 YueFei, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  12. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

i wonder what rackets the Chinese team will use now? specifically Lin Dan?
    I figured someone would have to pry his AT- 700s from his cold dead hands....

13. aikakira

aikakira Regular Member

Student
    hahaha I agree with YueFei

it kind of helps promote other brands to the world since most of the YY rackets are quite over priced, then again the price of Kason isn't that cheap either lol the TSF 300Ti cost around 1800 HKD, I can get a price of 1400 but still, thats like a high end yonex lol

14. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I have bought 3 TSF300A starting from a year or two ago.It was a good racket.Not that powerful no more for me,but it's still one of the fastest racket i've got.Haven't tried the woven 12,just the woven 7.