B. Sai Praneeth ब. साई प्रनीथ्

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Nov 11, 2012.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Here i wanted a separate thread to a new upcoming player. I really hope this is necessary as it will be wonderful to watch this young and promising player in the badminton world.

Yesterday, he clinched Bahrain International Challenge title crown.

" http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/11/12/sai-praneeth-bags-bahrain-international-crown/"

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    D.O.B - Aug 10 ,1992

3. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yeah, met him during India Open 2009. Or was it World Championships 2009. Can't remember ....

Anyway, avataar was the one who brought my attention to him and the other new hopes for India. Sai Praneeth, Gurusaidutt, Ashwini Ponnappa etc. Met them all.

Saw Sai Praneeth playing in the Asian Juniors in Malaysia a few years ago, and that time he was still playing the typical Indian laidback style. He should move towards how Kasyap now plays - with extra pace and improved fitness.

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Who was avataar.. You spoke to everybody?.

5. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Avataar is one of your fellow countrymen in this forum. He and Davey (Dev Sukumar) contributed to Badzine India and did reporting during the World Championships in 2009. But then again, Davey is a fulltime sportswriter.

Avataar was also heavily involved during the 2010 Commonwealth Games - yup, and I got to peek at the preparations during the 2010 Badminton Asia Championships.

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one

Oh.. Yeah .. I have read so many articles of Dev Sukumar. But avataar, i did not hear, as i am new to this forum and also to badminton world as well. :)

7. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

How about Sourabh Verma? :D

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sourabh is doing good more than sai praneeth and also younger to sai by one year. Sourabh is just 19. Already in top 35 ranking. I think he will move ahead soon as he is participating less in the superseries events. I think we can discuss those things in relevant thread of sourabh verma.:)

9. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    You want to know more about Avataar ... have a look at these older threads ..... with pictures too. Ah, the good, err, not so old days .....

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/67987-The-Indian-Open-Diary-Pics-and-TitBits

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ps-Photos-Daily-recaps-Happening-Side-News...

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/83854-BAC-2010-The-Guinea-Pig-Event

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Excellent show man... Amazing run of K.Srikanth came to a halt after sai praneeth stopped in three game encounter in semifinals of Tata Open India International challenge 2012.. Both of them played very well. But sai showed grit in the trailing stages of the rubber set using all his experiences in the senior circuit.. But srikanth did a wonderful job even... Today, Sai Praneeth is going to meet Guru Sai dutt in the finals which will be a tough match... Cheers..

12. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Best of luck for today man..... You have been under delivering on your huge potential for past 4 years..... No better way to grab headlines than stopping LCW. Go India. Jai Hind!!

13. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Congrats to Sai Praneeth for winning the Singapore SS.
    I didn't know who to support as both are Indians, but it is probably better that Sai has won because Srikanth already has winning experience.

14. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Sai praneeth's interview with NDTV. It is in english. Remaining interviews were in telugu. So , i am sharing it.

15. Baddyforall

Interview in telugu with srikanth and sai praneeth

16. Baddyforall

Sai praneeth is very shy it seems. He is conscious of camera.

17. Baddyforall

Interview with both srikanth and sai praneeth.It is in english.

18. Baddyforall

Sai : It is always tough to play an indian in any round in any tournament, that too in the final.

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other...e-win-titles-sai-praneeth/article18731011.ece

My improved fitness helped me win titles: Sai Praneeth

V. V SUBRAHMANYAM
    PTI
    Hyderabad, June 06, 2017 18:16 IST
    Updated: June 06, 2017 18:21 IST

Indian shuttler B. Sai Praneeth, who recently lifted back-to-back titles - Singapore Open and Thailand Grand Prix gold - feels the key to his success lies in his improved fitness.

“Winning titles is always great and very important. After Singapore Super Series, I immediately won my next (Thailand Open) tournament and I am very happy about it,” Praneeth told reporters at the Gopichand Badminton Academy in Hyderabad on Tuesday.

“I have become more fitter. I have trained for a long time. Before Singapore I trained for six weeks and after that I have trained for a month, and I think that is where my fitness level has increased. My fitness has improved and I am playing better,” he added.

Also Read
    [​IMG]
    Sai Praneeth: A badminton champion's rise from Hyderabad to Thailand Open

Asked if he felt any improvement in his game from last year, Praneeth said, “Only the fitness level. I need only fitness to win titles. Overall I have my game, I have good strokes, but without fitness those do not work. So if I am fit enough I think I can win many more titles.

“All coaches and everyone know that the only key for my game is fitness.”

Praneeth admitted that he was going through one of best phases of his career at the moment.
    “Winning back to back titles...this is best phase till now. After playing India, Malaysia and Singapore (tournaments) and winning Singapore and Thailand tournaments, obviously now I am more confident,” he said.

Praneeth said he was looking forward to the upcoming Indonesian Open and Australian Open before his maiden World Championship appearance in August.

Also Read
    [​IMG]
    Pleased to have pulled it off: B. Sai Praneeth

“World Championship is a very big event and I am really looking forward to it. For the World Championship, I have six weeks time (after the Indonesian and Australian Open). That is good enough to prepare for the World Championship. If I train for five to six weeks continuously I think it’s good enough for me,” Praneeth said.

Meanwhile, India national badminton coach Pullela Gopichand expressed his happiness on Praneeth’s performance, saying: “I am very happy that Praneeth has won his second tournament this year. He has performed so well and I hope this serves as a motivation for the future as well and we will continue to have more results from him in the next few months and years.

“In fact in the last few days we had some great successes. At the Sudirman Cup championship also, our team had a very good outing. Very happy that we were able to beat Indonesia 4-1. All the players whether in singles or doubles have performed exceptionally well in the event. Very happy about the overall performance,” he added.

20. Baddyforall

There is an interesting interview by Sai Praneeth.

He says " In Singapore, Sindhu lost in the quarters. But myself and Srikanth won quarters. But when i read newspapers next day, it showed Sindhu's big picture and said she lost in the quarters. But what about 'who won'? . that is what, yeah"

Interviewer: In badminton, there are mind games , right?
    Sai : There are. But i use that to myself not like some european players, who try to do it on opponents. I don't do that.

#20 Baddyforall, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Airos and nilesh123 like this.