eBay Auction Watch & Shopping Enquiries

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bluejeff, Feb 11, 2004.

1. muzza

muzza New Member

IT

It came up to around $105AU for this racket plus postage from procost (ebay). It costs $190AU from Rebel Sport (Sydney Store). $90 is alot as i am a student (Half my pay for the week :eek:).

I might go for it and post pictures up for you guys to have a look. :rolleyes: hopefully I get the real thing.

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
  3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    eBay told to pay $61M to fashion brand for fakes

By PIERRE-ANTOINE SOUCHARD, Associated Press Writer
    Mon Jun 30, 4:06 PM ET

A French court ordered eBay Inc. to pay more than $61 million to a high-end fashion company Monday because counterfeit goods were sold on the auction site.

The fashion company, LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA, is home to such prestigious brands as Louis Vuitton, Givenchy, Fendi, Emilio Pucci and Marc Jacobs, and had complained that it was hurt by the sale of knockoff bags and clothes on eBay.

Pierre Godet, an adviser to LVMH Chairman and CEO Bernard Arnault, said the Paris court's decision was "an answer to a particularly serious question, on whether the Internet is a free-for-all for the most hateful, parasitic practices."

EBay countered that LVMH is trying to crack down on Internet auctions merely because it is uncomfortable with the business model, which tends to cut out the middleman.

"If counterfeits appear on our site, we take them down swiftly," eBay spokeswoman Sravanthi Agrawal said. "But today's ruling is not about counterfeits. Today's ruling is about an attempt by LVMH to protect uncompetitive commercial practices at the expense of consumer choice and the livelihood of law-abiding sellers that eBay empowers every day."

She said eBay hopes to appeal the ruling.

EBay has been sued repeatedly by luxury goods companies over its users' attempts to sell counterfeit products. Other plaintiffs against eBay have included jewelry company Tiffany & Co. in the U.S., watchmaker Montres Rolex S.A. in Germany, and cosmetics giant L'Oreal SA in Europe.

Some companies have demanded that eBay forbid sales of even their legitimate products on the site because of alleged trademark infringement, while others accuse the auctioneer of reacting too slowly to reports of violations.

The San Jose, Calif.-based company is a magnet for counterfeiters because of the sheer volume of products sold through its auction system and the difficulty of patrolling the fast-moving transactions. Like Google Inc.'s approach to removing copyright-infringing videos from its subsidiary YouTube, eBay relies heavily on intellectual-property owners to alert the company to suspicious postings on its site.

Even so, eBay has argued that it spends millions of dollars a year trying to clean up counterfeit goods.

The latest case in France pits two pillars of their industries — one old, one new — in a country whose courts often hold Internet companies responsible on matters protected elsewhere by freedom of speech. For example, French courts have ordered U.S. auction sites to keep Nazi paraphernalia away from French eyes.

This ruling came down against eBay on two fronts. The court faulted the online company for "guilty negligence," for not doing enough to prevent fake goods from being sold on its site. The court also ruled that eBay was responsible for the "illicit sale" of perfumes from the LVMH empire, which can be sold only through the brands' "selective distribution networks."

High-end fashion companies like LVMH make their money by selling exclusive products, and fight a never-ending battle against cheap ripoffs and alleged affronts to their trademarks.

In an earlier instance of LVMH trying to protect its brands online, a Paris court in 2005 ordered Google to pay 200,000 euros (about $260,000 at the time) to Louis Vuitton for breach of trademark. In that case, Google had to stop displaying advertisements for Louis Vuitton's rivals when Web users typed Vuitton's name into the search engine.

___

Associated Press Writers Jamey Keaten in Paris and Jordan Robertson in San Jose contributed to this report.

4. chinx_4eva

chinx_4eva New Member

does that mean that the counterfit Yonex items would be banned off ebay too ?

its hard to say whos right and whos wrong
    i mean, billions of people around the world use ebay, it would be SO DAMN HARD to track down everyone selling counterfit items.

and even if they do, then ebay would have to suffer so much money loss aswell as alot of sellers would be banned or something..

GG

5. seasontrade

seasontrade New Member

Are these Yonex BG-85 strings fake?

Hi,

Can you check these out for me and let me know if they are fake?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/6-x-Packs-Yonex-...ryZ31366QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The seller told me he has black, white, gray, and violet color. But as I search on other websites, the only colors available for BG-85 would be white, violet (lavender), and blue.

Also the packaging color (red, instead of the normal blue color) seems a little bit fishy to me. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

beside the price is too good to be true, seller can also show you the picture of real string and send you fake.
    Depend on the dist code, the package can be different.

7. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    There is no black BG85 from Yonex....

8. Silent_Ninja

Silent_Ninja Regular Member

Student
  9. chinx_4eva

chinx_4eva New Member

YONEXTRADER is a legit ebay dealer.
    he sells only genuine rackets SW coded.

you can be sure 100% satisfactory with his products

10. 691196014

691196014 Regular Member

does anyone know if racketwise is a legit dealer or not?

thanks

11. chinx_4eva

chinx_4eva New Member

racketwise is a legit ebay dealer
    he sells only genuine rackets TH coded.

you can be sure 100% satisfactory with his products

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Did you buy from them then? "100% satisfactory"

13. 691196014

691196014 Regular Member

thanks guys helped me alot

14. silentheart

If you know where to ask and who to buy from, you can get US or CN coded racquet for less than racketwise after S/H.

15. 691196014

691196014 Regular Member

any suggestions? :D

16. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    er.......
    dont you get the hint??
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. silentheart

I can tell you, but I will have to kill you...:eek:

18. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    yeah, don't be so 'silent' about it!!! All you have to do is ask...

19. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
  20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu