Kwong Hon Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by assraf, Feb 17, 2009.

1. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

RSL have 2 type,one is Tournament NO 1,and another one is Classic which means GOLD...most expensive in RSL.Both of them have been approved by IBF.It's showed at the tube sticker.

Ahhen

2. allanQ

allanQ Regular Member

logistics
    badhen oso playing here liau ah ??
    can come see see or not tomoro ?? i not playing laa .. come see see 1st can ?? :p

3. assraf

assraf Regular Member

student
    badhen cant make it this thursday.....maybe he will try to come by next week.... sure can bro.....come n see 1st......if u want to join, u can join.....just bring ur equipment lol....afraid u "cannot tahan" when see we all play....

4. DaveC

DaveC Regular Member

IT manager, Lifetime Badminton Player
    Ahhen not playing here , he is having secret tranning here. :) You come ahhh?? You can play with both hand .. sure all kenna kau kau by you la :D

Anyway be carefull if you to play here. the floor is very slipperly. I kenna pok..kai.. here few times.

5. allanQ

allanQ Regular Member

logistics
    i really go see see only one la .. hand bungkus liau ... have to let it rest leh
    if not long long term cannot play that time even worse .. hahaha

ps .. dont give wrong info la .. i just beginner to average level player only :p

6. assraf

assraf Regular Member

student
    ya....but the court will mop everyday start from march.thanks.

7. mikeytan

mikeytan New Member

At $1.10 per person for doubles, that adds up to about $53 per tube. Etakoh at Pertama Complex (03-26923282) is selling RSL Tourney 1 at $48, and RSL Tourney Classic (the black and green label) at $54.

If you guys are using Tourney 1, you could have gotten the shuttles cheaper, though only by $0.10 per person/doubles match. If you're using Tourney Classic, then it's good value for money.

8. assraf

assraf Regular Member

student
    today got at 7pm till 9pm......come n join us today.....
    ;)

9. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

No.I never been there.Just wanna to try out one day.

Yup,maybe next week,this club is my old friend,sure have to support-support.

Don't joking la~!!Mana ada I in Secret Training.Only a lot of task make me busy these few day.

10. DaveC

DaveC Regular Member

IT manager, Lifetime Badminton Player
    Ahhen, don't keep yourself too busy ohh:eek:. Must have time for work and also time for play :p

11. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

hard to find free time for weekdays.is it possible to hav a weekend session if there is enuff request for it?thx

12. assraf

assraf Regular Member

student
    B.U.M.P for tuesday evening

13. edward_my

edward_my Regular Member

Mini Tennis Coach
    Definately. Once we have more members and if there is any request for weekend session, we can have one or even 2 for Saturday or Sunday.
    We need more member, so please join us now.
    So far our members' standard range from student to ex-national backup player ( 1981 ) cum coach . Come to experience the explosive smashing from these players, good workout though !! :)

14. edward_my

edward_my Regular Member

Mini Tennis Coach
    Hi MEMBERS,
    I have arranged a friendly match session with the Japanese team that going to visit here in 2 weeks time, So get serious now :)
    For those who are still ding dong, come on fellows, join the club now.

15. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

tat's cool
    i will definately join the club n come if the friendly match is on weekends
    do update d details ya.thx

16. badstrike

badstrike New Member

i am new to the thread and i had seen and know that this club is associating with national players.. why dont yyou all organize a meetup session with those rather than talking so much on this forum? it doesnt work this way.. ppl might feel that u are not sincere and its misleading information doesnt help... u mention that ur floor arebeing cleaned but i still see that it has bad lighting and also the court is slippery... how can one commit? bad location, bad place to play.. want fast money... i am not here to make u bad.. but be sincere and consider... i feel i will feel better if u bring in those national player and show substance to it... as for those national trainee of chin chuan jue or whatsoever, why dont u make them play for ur team or join ur club? becoz for one thing, promoting club at a forum, makes u NO CLASS AT ALL!! it stands no where....

17. yeohray

yeohray Regular Member

I've only played a couple of times with Edward at the Kwong Hon school, and find that the comments by badstrike are at times confusing.

I don't find that 'this club is associating with national players'. I don't know your definition of 'associating', but all I know is that WCH is a business associate of Edward. He has never said/promised that we'll be playing with national players, not on this forum, nor in person.

I find the lighting adequate, but maybe you're accustomed to brighter lights. Yes, the floor can at times be slippery, but that's why we pitch in to help mop it. Instead of just complaining. Yes, the color scheme of the walls could be better, but everyone's playing under the same conditions.

Bad location? Yes, if you're staying in Damansara or PJ. Great location if you're staying around Cheras, Sri Petaling, Sg. Besi. Bad place? Perhaps you can eloborate, instead of generalising. Traffic jams? Sometimes. Which also applies to every part of KL, right?

'Want fast money'. That's really insulting. You're asked to pay RM 50/- per year, which works out to RM 4.16 per month. Given averagely 8 sessions a month, that's RM 0.52 per session. For 4 courts. Do you really think they're in this for the money?

You seem to stress a lot on 'bringing in national players'. Perhaps Edward's choice of words could be improved. When he mentions bringing in the 'Japanese team', he does not mean the Japan national team. It's I think a club team, that's here in Malaysia to attend some coaching sessions held by Edward's company. I don't believe any misrepresentation was intentional. And really, did you believe any national team would be playing in a school hall?

As for making trainees to join the club, I think you need to understand what the club was set up for. See Edward's reply in #21. It's not a club to train youngsters for tournaments or stuff like that, like Nusa Mahsuri or KLRC. It's more like a recreational club, where people who enjoy playing badminton can just get together and play. Nothing more.

Lastly, I don't see a problem with promoting a club at a forum. It isn't really a club per se, like registered with the ROC, has a board of trustees etc. Edward could have just called the thread 'Kwong Hon school badminton sessions', and the responses would still have been the same.

18. nightsatan

nightsatan Regular Member

Sales
    Bro badstrike, as Edward have previously mentioned, the national player is not involve physically in the badminton session. You wont be playing with WCH and also, promoting club in forum doesn't really look that bad to me. At least people will have another alternative to have a badminton session, another choice to choose from.

19. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

#79 BADHEN, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  20. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

i nvr been to the club but what i can say is that it is nothing wrog advertising in a forum
    if not 4 this post , i dono there's this club.bout thr sliperry floor,maybe can do sth to improve it.
    btw im planning to join the club n friendly match. any1 going 4 d charity match by lee wan wah/tan fook n ccm/cce in sri petaling 21 march? i wanna go. do u all hav any info bout that?need to pay to watch d match?thx