Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. r1z1a

r1z1a Regular Member

Hi, iv been thinking of gettign a new racket and seem like victor is the best choice.
    I mostly play doubles (~80%), prefer head light.
    I used to play with a Yonex CAB30MS but if i go to iso head i think this will be helpful.
    I have considered the SIW32 which i can get in UK, but i wanted to get an opinion from people who have played with victor rackets and tell me if its a decent racket or not

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I don't played the CAB30MS ever, so my advice is not based on this racket. If you preper headlight rackets, the BS12 (mid flex) and Spira 22 (mid stiff) could be the answer.

3. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Oops. I didn't notice that here's already a post about MX 2012 >_<"

But I remember that this racket has been already spoiled last year. There are some pictures in this forum. For sure.

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It was probably Maklike, he's always the first to announce new Victor stuff - same with the BS LYD :D

@rizia: the SW32 is not really head light. The BS12 or BS09 are definitely better choices, and the BS09 (while a bit more head heavy) should be very reasonably priced. The BS10 is a bit quicker than the BS09 (mostly due to stiffness), but also a lot more demanding to play with. The BS09 has made me and quite a few other club members really happy :)

5. r1z1a

r1z1a Regular Member

hi that sounds great i think the more demanding racket would be better as it would force me to improve my game.

Do you know any German online shops, where i could compare the prices to see whats the best choice for me, as the price also plays important part as i am still a student and not got that much spare money.

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

R u from Germany? In that case, I can recommend bts-sportshop.de, tennistown.de (they have awesome deals from time to time, e.g. 2+ SW35s for 89€ apiece) and badminton-total.com. It's best to call bts and Klauer and order manually rather than use their websites, either per phone or per mail. They both offer good stringing and personal service, although bts is better in that regard. However I'm not sure how good his prices will be for you - our club gets 10% off, so I usually buy there but for others, the prices might not be that great. But call him to be sure, the website is not always up to date.

7. r1z1a

r1z1a Regular Member

im curently living in switzerland and orderign from UK would probably be more expensive than Germany, also i know people at work who live in germany and work with me so could allways order to them :D

thanx ill check them out

8. r1z1a

r1z1a Regular Member

@j4ckie is the Victor Landon 10 Gold any good. it seems to be on a really good sale on the tenistown.de site you recomended.

tho im still tempted to get BS10 if only i had a place to test one out
    =/

9. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    If you prefer headlight, look at the BS09 and BS12 first. If you find those too light and/or flexible, then consider a 10 or 11, but you're better off trying the 09 and 12 first

10. r1z1a

r1z1a Regular Member

Its more of a choice of 9 or 10 since they both 90euro btu 11 and 12 are like 130+

9 seems lighter but more head heavy - but can be changed with making the grip slightly thicker and would brign me to about same weight as 10.
    also i played with a YY Cab30MS but thats long shaft but balance point was around 295mm and was stiff shaft. but was a 2U3G
    but i do tend to play with a chunkier grip.(got big palms short fingers)

but the main question i have is " how much stiffer is 10 to 9"
    as i think thats goign to be the main point i look at as well as the weight

11. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Well, if the 30ms is 295 and stiff, then get the 10. Might be stiffer than the 30ms (I dunno, never had one) but shouldn't be a huge jump.

12. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

If someone can handle the Cab30MS, they can handle the BS10. Whether they'll like it or not, is a different matter. The 4U BS10 is a sweet doubles racket.

13. visor

visor Regular Member

hey mike:

knowing how good you're with this stuff, can you overlay bs15 on z slash... just to see how they compare in narrowness :)

14. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Okay, I've had a bit of a play, but I'm not happy with my level of accuracy.

I'll hypothesise at this stage though the following -

BS15 - same width as Z-Slash at 2 and 10 o'clock, however head is longer.
    LYD - same design as standard BS, but slightly shorter head.

I won't post pix because I'm not confident I've got the scaling correct on the photos as I don't have full photos of the new Braveswords. I could be completely wrong. :)

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Thanks, Mike! I was suspecting the frame shape to be like Z slash... :(

That settles it, no BS15 for me...

16. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Woah, check this out! Custom spec KRP (Korean National Player) BS10 and BS11. Stiffer versions than off-the-shelf. All yours for only 500 bucks for the pair! :eek::eek::eek:

d57199553-ac-1677xf4x0402x0600-m.jpg d57199553-ac-5037xf4x0600x0451-m.jpg d57199553-ac-2825xf4x0600x0451-m.jpg d57199553-ac-6357xf4x0600x0450-m.jpg

17. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

Wanna go halves Maklike? I bags the BS11:p

18. r1z1a

r1z1a Regular Member

the Cab is like the easiest racket iv ever played with, evidently it was my first buy after i fell in love with it. still wish it was alive, i would play with it for ever.

about the BS10 dose it come in 4U and 3U? im not sure if i can find a 4U unless the 86g is 4U (im terrible with the U numbers)

my Cab30ms was 94g with grip change and an overgrip, and it still felt like a hot knife cutting throught butter, so i asume 86g BS10 will feel light to me as well, was looking at the BS9 which is 82g i think thats too light and soft for me.

thanks to evryoen for giving sound advice

19. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Dunno man, you'll have to ask someone in EU about these. Most of us get our Victors in HK or TW so the specs are all different.
    The Braveswords generally are super quick rackets and benefit from having a bit of weight behind them otherwise they lose a bit much stability IMHO. The two BS10 3U's I've had have been Net weight 95/97g and BP 297/295 respectively.

@Renmazuo - I'd actually want the BS11! Who am I kidding - they'd both be so stiff as to be unplayable for me anyway. Still, it would be so cool to have a KR racket in your bag! :cool:

20. r1z1a

r1z1a Regular Member

Yeah i hope some one will help me out who knows more about EU weights and sizes. ill probably be buying it from germany found some online for 90Euros so its affordable once i get my pay at end of the month :D

And yes the KR versions look saucy but i also agree super stiff is fun to play with but will destroy you after like couple of hours.