Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    RM100k is about 30k USD, so I don't think the price is unreasonable or anything for MF to demand.

2. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Why does BAM still think that keeping KKK/TBH together will produce anything different?:confused:

3. visor

visor Regular Member

That's monthly!! :eek:

That's $360k US per year!

4. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

I've posted about this 'wayang' quite a few while ago. Some of BCer have some amazing trusting in BAM on getting MF. Like my previous post, again I say this is all 'wayang' from BAM to show they are 'trying' to do something but in reality is they aren't. Just another paperwork in order to save face from the public.

On what MF asked for the salary, I have no capability nor any knowledge whether BAM could afford it or not.

The only way I can see how BAM gonna make it thru is thru Misbun Sidek.

There's gonna be some hideous ground rules, but that is for sake of badminton in MAS.

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Nothing's gonna work when Politicians and Royalties are involved.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    There a few things that spring to mind about RM 100,000.

BAM is in such a mess (and the politics and interference), it takes a high salary to make anybody even consider the BAM job.

MF has a high paying job at present. He needs to charge a premium to make it worth his whole to give up his present job.

MF will know that he will lose his job in one year. So he needs to charge higher to compensate for when he is unemployed.

MF maybe doesn't want the job but a high price saves face for BAM.

If BAM really are willing to match the pay that much, MF knows BAM is fully committed to change. MF gets his mandate.

Inflation and the price of Nasi Lemak has increased living costs in Malaysia so salary increase is necessary.

7. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

It still hasn't answer the question : does BAM really capable of paying such salary ?

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Why not? BAM quite well funded.

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    bam lost 3 million annual sponsor(maybe more) last year. :D

10. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

That means it's nothing much right ?

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Frost costs 1.2million per year. Enploy him, turn around BAM and the sponsors will be back. Get back the sponsorship and BAM get just under 2million, more if Frost does even better than expected. Looks like the maths work out for BAM. ;)

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

They know it would be nothing different. However, the two have stagnated. Let's say they get split? Who will be the partners? Will they drag down the new partners instead of bringing up new players? This is the dilemma now created by keeping them together so long for multiple 'one last chance'. The time to experiment was after the Olympics. Now, there is no time left to experiment. So BAM are stuck with a dysfunctional pairing that and the two players are totally demoralised.

Note: this should be in the KKK/TBH thread.

#1952 Cheung, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if i remember correctly,bam yearly operating cost around rm20million.

if nadzmi still around,he will spend rm 1.2 million bring his buddies to shopping:D
    not sure how TAM will do~~~he is too soft:rolleyes:

14. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

heard the news that BAM (including Datuk LCW) wish to call back Misbun and his son after failed to make deals with Morten Frost's conditions...

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    not bam~~~
    maybe only a few,lcw,TAM and XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    but people like rashid and TSB,no:D

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    BAM to invite Misbun back as coaching director

by kng zheng guan
    [​IMG]These days Datuk Misbun Sidek spends his time coaching his son Misbun Ramdan, who left BAM last year.

PETALING JAYA: Former national coach Datuk Misbun Sidek could soon be back in the BA of Malaysia’s (BAM) fold.

That is, if he decides to accept the offer from the BAM to come on board as the national coaching director.

Misbun’s name was repeatedly brought up during the BAM’s Corporate Skills and Research (CSR) meeting chaired by president Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff last month.

Even world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has voiced his opinion that Misbun should be brought back.

BAM general manager Kenny Goh confirmed that he is in the midst of drafting an offer letter for Misbun.

“During the CSR meeting, Misbun’s name was repeatedly brought up and the decision was that the president, Tengku Mahaleel, would speak to him first,” said Kenny.

“Of course, nothing is confirmed as of now ... we don’t even know if he’s interested in returning to BAM.

“That’s why this offer is being drafted to see if he’s interested in returning. As of now, there have been no discussions between BAM and Misbun yet.”

It would be a big boost for the flailing national team if Misbun were to return.

But it will not be easy to persuade him to return. Misbun walked out of BAM in 2011 because he was unhappy with several decisions made by the coaching and training committee (CNT).

Since then, Misbun has been largely elusive although he has been coaching his son, Misbun Ramdan, who also left BAM last year.

Malaysia definitely need a man who is capable of charting the sport's future, especially since BAM have already missed out on badminton legends Morten Frost and Park Joo-bong.

18. jctai

jctai Regular Member

Today a local Chinese newspaper printed an interview with BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai regarding plans to create champions like LCW.
    He claimed that currently no player above 13yo in BAM's sight has the talent nor the gift of LCW. Hence, it is not likely that they'll be able to produce someone like LCW in the next 10 years.
    Also saying that LCW's talent is "seen once every hundred years".
    I find this statement hardly a reasonable excuse for BAM's failure to produce top quality player ever since LCW.
    I honestly think that talent or gift can propel a player only to a limited height. Reaching the top requires discipline, hardwork and a tiny bit of luck. When I look at LCW play on court I don't see any genius stroke like Taufik or master strategist like Lin Dan, I only see his hardwork and discipline paying him off.
    In the same article NCC admitted that Malaysia national team lacked the discipline that China and Korea team possess but attributed it to cultural behaviour. It sounds to me like he's saying Malaysians are naturally uncompetitive and slacking and there's nothing BAM can do about it. I do not understand how hard it is to crack the whip and weed out the weak, I'm sure there must be some youngsters who are willing to work hard and all they need is the chance to prove themselves.
    BAM seriously need major reformation immediately else Malaysian don't have much reason to watch any badminton tournament after LCW retired.

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

It's a case of deliberately playing down expectations.

If Malaysia doesn't have talent, how can it have so many world junior champions? The rest of the world has lesser talents?

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    they talk a lot but i dont think they work hard on new player.
    they just focus the resource on u know who