Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. hashdam

hashdam Regular Member

i have played with the n36 nothing too special

2. ariffd93

ariffd93 Regular Member

student
    U should try n50 bro, full of power

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I have tried Li Ning for the first time today. One representative of Li Ning was at my gym and I had a go with the n90II, the n60 and n77II.
    The n90II did not give me a good feeling. I could not control the direction correctly on clears. The smashes were not so good. Maybe I would need more time to get accustomed to such a HH raquet.
    The n77II was all right, nothing special but overall quite an enjoyable racquet.
    The n60 was the best for me. Good clears, good smashes and specially good at the net. But so pink.
    Next time he comes I'll try the n50 and 55. All racquets were strung at 24.

4. ariffd93

ariffd93 Regular Member

student
    U should try n50, n55ii, n55, n70, and n90, and n50ii, these all the best lining racket for me, n90 and n50ii is head heave, followed by n70, 55, n50 and n55ii

5. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

Maybe I'm just being dumb, but can someone explain this to me please?
    I have an N90ii and F9. I tend to play mixed doubles but if someone begs me long enough I'll play singles with them (cuz I hate singles :3). They're both factory grip and BG80Power at 27lbs, but I find I generate more power than the 90ii in doubles, but I generate more power with the n90ii than the f9 in singles <_>'

6. ariffd93

ariffd93 Regular Member

student
    Actually the difference is the stiffness and head heavy, f9 is more flexible and slightly headlight than n90ii, even n90ii is stiffer than n90, but if u use n90ii s type, it will generate more power in doubles as i was flexier than normal n90ii.

7. Boggieeiggob

Yes but I find that my F9 is more powerful in doubles than singles, whereas it's the other way round with my n90ii

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Maybe you just smash/play differently in doubles and singles? Personally I do way more jump smashes (or hop smashes, my jump still needs a lot of work :D) in doubles, whereas in singles I tend to play a slower pace and only smash very short lifts and when I intercept a flat shot.
    Maybe you have similar idiosyncrasies that make you prefer a head lighter and/or more flexible racket in doubles compared to your singles preference....
    Same goes for strings. I prefer my strings ~2lbs tighter in doubles, whereas I like them softer for singles as I play so many more clears and don't need the same kind of accuracy (especially around the net)...

9. Boggieeiggob

I see. Well, I don't jump smash at all otherwise I completely miss the shuttle ;) It's just I feel like the shuttle travels faster in doubles if I use f9 and singles when I use n90ii, even though in a feeding situation f9 is far the superior racquet for me in almost all aspects

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Or you just have the wrong feeling :D

11. Boggieeiggob

Haha, I wouldn't be surprised ;D

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Happens to all of us ;)

13. Mike1337

Mike1337 Regular Member

It doesn't say anything in the rulebook but I'm sure killing the opponent is pretty bad sportsmanship.

Regards Mike
    :)

14. ariffd93

ariffd93 Regular Member

student
    i hope u can understand my words 'killing' term, that means finishing..

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

He was joking ;) The correct phrase is 'ending/finishing the rally'. Finishing or killing your opponent might indeed cause adverse reactions :D

16. lindanfan321

lindanfan321 Regular Member

Imo, since doubles is faster than singles. You have more time to generate a full powered swing to bend the N90ii stiff shaft. Whearas in doubles, you generally have less time and that is where the flexible shaft would generate power for a less powered swing. Just my opinion :)

17. Boggieeiggob

THAT. Actually makes a hell of a lot of sense! Thanks :D

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Actually a stiff shaft is usually more beneficial in doubles as a soft shaft delays the racket head response.
    I'm pretty certain the difference in head balance is what causes the difference, with the F9 being lighter you might be able to whip some shots down that you couldn't have with the N90II (in doubles), whereas the heavier head and better follow-through of the N90II can feel much more powerful in singles (if it is actually more powerful is best judged from an outsider's perspective).
    Whenever I change from my usual racket choice to a more head heavy model, shots feel more powerful, especially smashes, but changing back I realize that it's mostly just a feeling and that I generate just the same amount of power with both rackets, just with different means (faster swing for my Braveswords vs slower swing with a head heavier racket)...

19. farren23

farren23 Regular Member

HI , I am an offensive doubles player who is looking for a new offensive weapon ... Am a heavy smasher and would like to ask which racket suits me better . The Li-Ning Woods N90 or the Li-Ning N90-II ? Would like to hear from all of you out there . Thanks !

20. KEN_KL MSIA

KEN_KL MSIA Regular Member

Hi all,
    Saw that Fu/Chai using new Li-Ning racquet, is it N9/N7?