Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    there is one fan in Hong Kong not CHN and not MAS that wait LD to sack, if he doesn't go to SF at least

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..well, for LD, he's pretty much set (financially)...just think of it this way, his yo-yo attendance is allowing other players to earn those money lah; LD being generous lah.. ;)

3. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Jokers, first they complain about LCW hogging the top position and not really helping to pave the way

for successors , then they complain again when LD is obviously trying to pave the way for the up and coming.

One can also refer to TH's past history of walking out of tournaments , deliberately losing under protest in early 2000 etc.

I think it is even more severe.

First they jealously protect their hero, then they go about criticising others, and then claim that they are impartial!

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Well money is one thing.

In true sporting spirit and sportsmanship; He should finish his game and entertain his fans. Afterall, his fans are the ones who paid him. Correct?

If he is not popular, then no point having him in advertisement. Bisa?

Note that we are NOT criticizing him just because some are lcw fans. We want the best to compete and entertain us. ;) Even if LCW is not performing up to his mark, u bet people like Dato A will give him 5 finger. ;) Betul Dato? If Dato won't do it? I'll give LCW 6 fingers. lol. ;)

In the older days, we are like drooling to see yang2, zjh, hanjian, lsk, rudy, arbi, rashid, morten frost to play. So play play and play. Entertain us. and dance! ;) Do the hula as if I care. Just move it move it... ;)

Well, in this CO, it's so obvious that the result could have been different if he plays. Well, may CL will win, but CL will be tired for sure to beat CJ or BCL. These guys must be cursing LD or LYB or whoever it is playing god of badminton. ;)

Do you like to see these nonsense from happening in the future? I bet if you are a LD fan, you'll say, heck it. right? ;) Anyone care to answer? ;)

#1604 extremenanopowe, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..you know lah, mr. extremenanopowe, who pays LD's retirement future...and yes, it ain't you nor me..unless badminton has turned into the sport of tennis..:cool:;)

6. extremenanopowe

Well, actually he can be like Yang2 who is doing well in other countries. Poor guy got brain washed. ;)

7. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Lin dan is the best , better than Yang Yang and zhao jian hua in terms of skill .

8. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    here we go again .....

9. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I think in the CO open most of the fans want to see up-coming and exciting Chen Long,Wang Shi Xian,Wang Yi Han,Li Yong Dae,

Zhang Nan, Zhou Yun Lei ,KKK rather than LD.The fans in Shanghai are a knowledgeable type.I for one did not look forward to watching LD but was more interested in how newer players fared.

To say people come to CO to see LD may not be true, they probably had enough of him from Guang zhou.

Anyway why want to make negative comments about a player deemed to be the best of all time and in his own way.

given badminton such a big boost, by winning the MVP in Asian Games and putting baddy in the forefront.Even he failed to attend because he never
    thought he could win it.

As it is we have enough Malaysians complaining about how boring China vs China encounters can be, and it is not as if the world doesn't know

enough already about Malaysians hostility towards China badminton players or against Singapore for that matter.

There is something called setting an example, if you dont like people to discredit your hero, start first by not discrediting other people's heroes.

We dont even know why LD or JJ gave WO, injury,team orders whatever, why lynch the player?

Relax, go out and play more baddy.

10. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

if you want to talk about fixing up a winner let's use an eg. of HH on his route to the AE Final in 2003

and how Roslin, Lee Tsuen Seng and Wong Choon Han in some way helped HH to suceed.

(By their own admissions)

China can do it today because they have so many players, but in AE 2003 it was a situation where most of the players in

the quarters were Malaysians.( Now you see why LCW has such a hard time, he is all alone).So how do you see this?

11. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    yes, i have some questions to ask.

why did lin dan pulled out in quarter final?

injury? team order?

if its injury, was there any doctor present?

why isn't there any press release on this?

this is not doing anything good to promote baddy.

in fact i am sure a lot of lin dan fans curse their way out of the stadium.lol

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Lin Dan fans curse their way out of the stadium

See what you mean. Don't know if some fans tried to get their tickets refunded. :):):)

13. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

It could be something that is sensitive to talk about, remember we have many things too sensitive about Msia to discuss

in BC, so the same should apply to other people from other lands. What is acceptable behaviour to you may be unacceptable to others and vice

versa,so it is better to avoid bringing up a lot of hot topics that can invite a lot of retorts and eventually get this thread locked.This is what other

members refer to when discussing double standards , when someone criticises a certain player or coach with related interests the response is rapid.

if the topic is likely to be sensitive why not discuss it in the private NM Facebook group or sth.

Refer to post 1610 and see if anyone wants to answer the question, do you think that is good for baddy?

14. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Or let's say Misbun Sidek's past record of not cooperating with the BAM and going AWOL and behaving like a Prima Donna and

expecting BAM to beg him to play for the country ,is that good for baddy.

or Rashid Sidek's refusal to represent Msia in 1996 Thomas Cup resulting him been fired from the team by Morten Frost, or falling out with Yang

Yang because he thought YY's training methods were too harsh for him, leading to YY quitting.

Is that all good for baddy?

These are the people now at the helm of Msia badminton,is it exemplary behaviour.

If we want peace in this forum for every criticism made others could counter with several of their own,

so it is better to think before posting. I have never wanted to bring these things out as I think they are sensitive,

but everyone should observe this code.

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hahaha
    talking about china player team order,then that is sensitive
    but talking about malaysia player team order is not sensitive
    what a jokes and double standard
    haha,big applause
    wont go any further to avoid thread locked
    peace

#1615 limsy, Dec 6, 2010
  16. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

LYB has already fired Zheng Bo for indiscipline.If I were LD I would quit and not end up like Taufik and

Gade playing happy badminton and getting bashed by young upstarts.

The fact that he is obeying and continuing up to 2012 is already a good gesture.

17. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I have also a question to ask why JJ gave WO? I want his blood too.

18. extremenanopowe

This forum is open to all as long as there are constructive criticism and the words are for the betterment of badminton.

One should not shy away from blasting those thugs with their way of dominating others. The world does not belong to them.

This is an open society and everyone have the rights to say something in the hope to improve the situation when something went wrong.

We wouldn't want those so called 'tidak apa' attitude here and lets respect them kinda thing because the country does it different way.

This is a global world. As for Rashid and Misbun behaviour, they deserved the flocked. Anyway, they have learnt the lesson now or then. Am sure during that time, many wanted to even kill them. ;)

We should not condone those bad examples and try to straight them out so that they know they are on the wrong side and not showing professionalism behaviour. We want true professionals. ;) If you can't take it, please go for a holiday and come back and be a good person. ;) Don't have to post anything here if you don't care. But for the fact that you care, you post correct? Of is it hands itchy? Do not do things half way.

We hope for the younger champions not to follow such attitude. We want them and the sport to move forward and no allow these people to dominate the scene. ;)

As for Taufik walking out a few years ago, it was bad but he has a point because those calls are arguable. We can understand his frustration because it's toturing when you are trying to win something. Have you been in this position? We can symphatise with him even though it is not acceptable. Where else for this prince, he just walk out without having give a good reason. If its true injury, then let the doctor says it, am sure people can accept it. ;)

Being selective in a tournament is one thing or a 'known' thing (already fed up of bringing this up because we know that he is the only one doing this). But walking out in the middle of a tournament is also 'another' thing. This is not the same thingy. ;) Again BWF should take action on this. I can see there are silence in the BWF camp for some obvious fear. ;)

I hope this argument is constructive and make readers want to come back to read this. keke... ;)

#1618 extremenanopowe, Dec 6, 2010
  19. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    i am not trying to create anything sensitive in this thread,

please don't add oil as there is not fire here.

i was very specific with my questions and

i wasn't critisizing lin dan,

i only want to find out the reason behind his walkover, that's all.

btw, let me point out the worst case scenario,

if its team order, nobody should be critisizing lin dan because he is following order.

lastly, when the reason(s) known such as team order

then i should not go further into detail discussion here

because it going to be a lock thread debate.lol

hope this clarify why i ask those questions.

20. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I actually think all players should just walk away if linecalls are obviously wrong more than once in a game, I think Taufik did the right thing. I think it is better to just WO as a protest. I wish everyone did this as I am sure bwf would have to implement some changes to make linecalls better.
    /T