Congratulations Lin Dan :)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by volcom, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Actually it is nothing new,it was already employed by Han Jian when he beat LSK in the 1982 Thomas Cup Finals.

In History of China badminton HJ gave a detailed account on how he used this tactic to pip LSK.

2. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Wow, you seem to know a lot about badminton history. How old are you.

Where did you find this comment from Han Jian ?

3. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

From "History of China Badminton" which you can find in the Mediafire files here in this forum.

The tactic is also used in Table Tennis where you serve and can predict where the ball is going to land based on the body language of your opponent.

4. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    This showed LD know LCW game very well to take the risk. LCW playing too many tournaments is overexposing himself for the china team to analysing and coming out with new ways to overcome whatever new tactics LCW is using.
    Could be also why LD seemed to avoid meeting 'newer' version of LCW for a time before finally playing him.

5. flite

flite Regular Member

What you have written is very true. The more LD play LCW the more he would exposed his playing style to LCW and also other opponents. I believe this is just how human operates and adapts especially world class athletes. Besides, CBA have other plans on how to fully utilized their ace card.

6. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

If you people keep discussing things like that all the top coaches will soon be out of a job.

7. flite

flite Regular Member

Kindly tell us how it goes about that a few sentences from 2 unknown amateurs would costs those top coaches their job?

Or could it be you are trying to show us that you know a lot more than us here in BC that there are certain topics that we couldn't see through that should not be discussed that only you can tell.

#147 flite, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  8. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Let's see the coming months what happens when they have to meet more often :)

I would say when this does happen it would be the fittest player win in the end,

barring injuries and others of course :D

9. flite

flite Regular Member

If these 2 great players met more often, it would be a blessing to all badminton enthusiasts first of all. Also like you have mentioned, the winner would be the fitter one in terms of physical and mental.

So far injury is not an issue to them. Not sure about the "fake" ones.

10. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Of course not! add me as the 3rd unknown amateur.It is not that only I can see it, many other people know it too and they just dont discuss it.Must every opinion be viewed from a personal angle?

I am not here to bolster any ego, a lot of these tactics have been discussed by coaches on TV for ages and probably on other web-sites.

Its true to say that without LCW there will be no LD,without Wong Choon Han no Xia Xuan Ze or without Liem Swie King no Han Jian, because

the rivalry brings out the devil in them.

In future meetings there will be wins and losses and each win will probably be narrow with a new tactic or mixture,if you think its all about fitness you are entitled to your views and good for you.

As to the question of coaches losing their jobs, do people have to read things literally, it is merely a figure of speech, a metaphor if you will. If you dont like my views just ignore my comments just like many others, after all do I challenge your views?

#150 Bbn, Feb 16, 2011
  11. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Can you try not to put words in people's mouth and throw accusations of a personal level, like make statements a bit objective and avoid "witch hunting".Thanks. This forum is for enjoyment and discussion of badminton,not accusing other posters of whatever if you dont agree with them.

Isn't it already well known that opponents know KKK & TBH's game and can read them well like a book?

Posts 141 & 143 for eg.have nothing personal in them.

#151 Bbn, Feb 16, 2011
  12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    this time better
    only 2 reply for one post
    why this thread is not locked?

13. majyun

majyun Regular Member

Need another reason?

14. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Hahahaha, I can't say you are wrong :)

It's already 9 pages and I hope i am the last one to congratulate ld :D

15. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    still got chance to post, best is, whoever the winner LD,LCW, CJ, TH, PG
    after seal the last point, must shake hand first before celebrating
    or else just brand the winner as hypocrite and looser who just walk away
    as sore looser....how you guys think???
    can close thread now???
    btw, congratulations to LD again....

16. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

There is no mischief in recent postings, its all merely a technical matter, on which some of you have been very observant.
    For anyone interested do the following :

Download videos of the last 5 points played in matches of LD vs LCW

1) Japan Open Final 2010
    2) Asian Games Final 2010
    3) Korea Open Final 2011

After reviewing the final rallies of the last 3 games let us know if you can see any pattern as what to do and what not to do

and whether players learn from past encounters.Remember it is purely technical and just make your own conclusions.

Let us know what you think,constructively of course.

17. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    in the japan open final 2010, the ending was fraught with many errors particularly from lin dan and the rallies were mostly short ones. lin dan allowed lcw to pull ahead too far in the 3rd set and in the end lcw was too close to the finishing for him to catch-up. he clearly acknowledged his wrong selection of shots & strategy by tapping his head (with his racket) with remorse immediately after the handshake which incidentally was much more gracious from a losing side than the most recent. i feel the pace was faster towards the end probably due to lcw's strategy to increase it a notch thus disallowing lin dan time to select his shots and gain control of the game. this led to some unforced errors at very vital moments. at 17-19 down, one would have thought lin dan would steadily resumed control and probably catch up to turn the pressure back onto lcw but instead he made a rather hasty shot to send the shuttle out by a mile. i think lin dan's winning strategy against lcw would be to remain calm and patient and thrive on mistakes from lcw in long rallies. with shot anticipation and reduced no. of unforced errors, lin dan would be able to make lcw work the court and take the sting out of his attacks; thus controlling the game and demoralising his opponent. at their high level, the mental strength and discipline to stick to a winning game plan is essential especially when both are familiar with each other's game.

let's compare both players' attributes - their fitness and age are equally matched but lcw is a least a few kg lighter than lin dan (lcw's bmi is 20.76 against lin dan's 22.1). hence, lcw is faster and would probably reign over lin dan in a fast-paced game. however, lin dan's edge i reckon is his ability to control the net and place his shots at the deep corners to tire his opponent and prevent them from attacking at will. this is quite similar to gade's game but lin dan is a shade faster, fitter and more consistent. in a game like last week where both players are at their peak form and not giving away easy points, the only way lcw can overcome lin dan would be to speed things up a little to rattle lin dan at the risk of making mistakes himself and tiring out in the 3rd set. in short, given the same amount of pressure on both players, lin dan tend to come out stronger psychologically and making less unforced errors. his determination to win a point is also stronger under such similar circumstances.

18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    You are going off topic all the way...

However, going off topic,

at least provided evidence lighter bmi makes a person faster,

My kid bmi is 20.5 so he is even faster than ld and lcw? Lol

I think this thread has serve it's usefulness,

Lin Dan has won and just congratulate him,

no need to involve lcw :eek:

19. kwun

kwun Administrator