Zulfadli Zulkifli

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Dec 18, 2010.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I would say that LCW making it is despite the politics and whatever sabotaging within BAM. If not due to that, Msia would have able to produce more top players. BAM used to keep saying - not enough budget. So,aft some time,the players quit BAM to go independent. But unlike in INA,BAM tried to show power like what happened to Gan/TBS. Government, in the form of NSC and Sports Ministry,will give support to whichever player, irregardless under BAM or not. NSC said more private support its better, government dont have to support so much $$$.

As comparision,the Msian Athletics assciation is in chaos due to politics.Look at FAM. Having a success story from private clubs is good for the future of Msian badminton. If not,BAM will be too arrogant,which is bad for badminton. hopefully Zul will continue to progress and make BAM come back down to earth. They keep saying not enough slots, limited budget, ok, let the private clubs take them and dont be jealous of the clubs.

2. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    ZZ's head to head stats against senior players especially BAM players still not in his favours yet.

3. shaizam

shaizam New Member

Executive
    No doubt ZZ is a potential player however, in order for him to be succeeded, let us consider on these key factors:-

1. Get him a physical trainer as from my observance, he is quite 'plump' hence, to compete in physical duo in matches involving senior players, he will sure be 'pancit' one :D1.
    2. BAM should allow him to be be included in their regime for training sessions. They already have potential players ie. Mohd Arif Abdul Latif etc... Why don't let him be competing with them for both parties interest. Unless BAM want to put aside national concern compared to commercial concern lah.... :confused:
    3. KLRC must sent him to many tourneys as possible for his exposure.

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Agree...... Let us take another look at the end of 2012. By then, I am sure that ZZ will rank higher than many of his seniors.

Hope that I can remember to refer to this post at the end of 2012.
    :):):)

5. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Deal :cool: Go ZZ!

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I suppose most of the time success boils down to leadership and interpersonal relationship.

How good is BAM's leadership down to the lowest level. How good are the players in relating to their leaders, including the coaches and administration?

What about the leaders themselves? Are they attuned to each other? Are they focused and work towards the same goal at hand? Or each wants to get out of the system more than he contributes?

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well there are exceptions like INA for example. TH's services are still required despite being a veteran. So is PG's, although I'm still not too clear about the Danish setup of clubs and independent players. But of course their club development is at a different level from MAS, which is at best just starting up.

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I only care about good players who could missed out just because they wish to play as independent players.

9. rozina76

rozina76 New Member

Consultant
    In my opinion, no matter where you have been training, as long as you have the talent you may succeed. In Zulfadly case, I think BAM could consider to add in him into Malaysian player for thomas Cup and Super Series even he was not been train under BAM. Have to be fair. Anybody can choose what club he / she like. But nevertheless, as Malaysian and represent for Malaysian without any hesitation. Well ....will see...

10. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I have a question. Does anyone know why ZZ is not participating in the upcoming MO ? I just had a look at the draws and his name is no where to be found.

11. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

not enough ranking point for him to participate, SS only available for around top 50 players...

12. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Ahhh make sense.. i forgotten about that..

13. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

His ranking is too low.

14. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

not enough ranking points to participate SS unless ZZ have to play tournaments as much as he can such as GP, Satellite, Challenge, etc to get more points. But unfortunately there is not enough budgets to get him to play, thanks to BAM's mismanagement.

15. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    I thought ZZ is being sponsored by KLRC, no? :p

16. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

yes he is, and that's why he unable to participate any big tournaments such as Thomas Cup without BAM's approval...

17. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

A moment of LOL

18. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    ZZ must join BAM no matter what. He's up and coming so any players over there is a quality sparring partner for him ... for now. I wonder what's still keeping him, BAM got the bread now and the best facility and support in the country. In fact BAM got everything :D

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

ZZ wants to play Badminton, without being involved in politics.

BAM say something like: "If you want to play Badminton inside BAM's structure, then you must be involved in politics".

ZZ thought about it and said something like: "Sorry, I am playing Badminton because I love Badminton. I don't like to be involved in politics. Therefore, I shall stay away from BAM".

(This is only rough perception, from what I have read into ZZ's and BAM's thoughts). :p:p:p

20. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Its all about the money for BAM, controlling the funds and the leakages. With LCW around they just got complacent. They should most of the funds and resources to develop new talents unless they want Malaysia wiped off the radar. This could be as early as next year.

BAM should be run by a sportsman not politicians. Unfortunately in Malaysia this will never happen.