Wang Yihan ( 王仪涵 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by suetyan, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    everybody have to adapt to it...so fair enough in my opinion ..

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, if that's the case, then there's no "not acceptable" facility or equipment any more. Because everyone can say, "everyone has to adapt to it". :rolleyes:

I remember WC2005, many players complain about the poor facility due to wind. Sure, everyone has to adapt to it, but it clears some ppl may adapt to it faster than another, which indeed can effect some game result at the end.

Overall, I think if a facility or an equipment is clearly given one side advantage, or takes the general public a lot longer to "adapt" to, then it's a poor choice for such an important event. :rolleyes:

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Oh well..

..i guess the BC Poll curse continues for the players chosen to be the winner, eh??...;)

- Too bad for WYH. But, personally, i wouldn't point to the use of shuttlecock with grade '0' as one of the reasons for WYH's lost. Thing is, unless this is the first time she played with shuttlecock with grade '0', then she shouldn't complain. Aterall, she probably played with it before, in the previous round, didn't she?
    - As for her lost to Schenk, IMO, there could be a few reasons:
    1. WYH might be underestimating or looking past Schenk a bit.
    2. Schenk probably came better prepared than WYH.
    3. WYH has never played against her and has very little clue(s) as to how to play against her.
    - No, i have no recollection of what happened after WYH lost to LL in the 2009 IO. Let me guess, did she start cursing, again? Did she throw a fit @ LL, again?
    - Young people usually go with their emotion. Yes, in a way i can somewhat understand her feeling that "she's not sad and still has an open-mind" abt her lost. Hope she improves and gets better in the future.

#883 ctjcad, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    WYH is young and she will be back, that is for sure...I recalled a young fella named LD got KO in OLY04, and now...well, the rest is history;)

5. wang.cly

wang.cly Regular Member

student
    Yeah i don't care what the reason is. I'm still support her in her next, next, next tournament... because in fact she is a great player.

cheeerrrsss kitten...

6. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    If we both have to play with racquet X that's 90g and BP of 330mm, I think I'd have an advantage over somebody who is used to a headlight NS racquet because I'm used to heavy racquets.

Not to mention, even if it's small, small discomfort adds up in an event like WC, and it can eventually cause a breakdown.

7. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Anyhow, she is still young, only 21. Even LD lost to Ronald Susilo in the first round of OG 04 when he was 21. I am sure WYH will bounce back in some future time. I hope she can improve on her footwork. There are always barriers in a person's life. I am sure WYH can overcome these barriers when she grows elder, a good example is LD.

#887 suetyan, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, she's still young...Even her senior Zhang Ning and Xie Xingfang won WC title for the first time in 28 y.o (2003 Birmingham) and 24 y.o (2005 Anaheim) respectively. Xiao Mao can try again in next two editions, Paris 2010 and London 2011.

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

this is one of the reason how juliane schenk manage to beat wyh yesterday;)

Chinese coach the key to Schenk’s stunner

THE benefit of having trained under a Chinese coach for a year helped Juliane Schenk to chalk up her biggest career win at the world championships yesterday.
    The 27-year-old German stunned All-England champion Wang Yihan of China 21-18, 21-15 in 39 minutes to earn a quarter-final match today against Pi Hongyan of France.
    Germany’s assistant coach Jakob Hoi said that Schenk had been training under Wang Xuyan for the last one year.
    “She has done a good analysis of the game and together with the coach, they have been watching a lot of Wang Yihan’s videos,” said Hoi.
    “What made the difference for Juliane today was her courage to play the game that she had been taught. She was really fast because one has to do that in order to beat these Chinese players.
    “She was strong mentally and fortunately committed fewer mistakes than usual. This win is certainly a big one for Juliane, who has really worked very hard for this tournament.”
    Schenk now joins the league of a few European players who have broken the domination of Chinese players in women’s singles.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2009/8/14/sports/4520741&sec=sports

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Xiao Mao..

..needs a good tournament or two to shake off her string of bad luck as she is mired in a mid-yr funk...it seems like her game, which was brilliant earlier in the yr, has disappeared..

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Same syndrome as KKK/TBH when they exploded onto the scene. Nobody knew about them and their style of play. Then everyone started figuring them out and it's taken them a while to find their footing again.

Fast forward to 2009 and we have WYH suffering the same thing. With experience she will overcome these troubles and I'm positive she will reign supreme in the near future.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    thats a quite sensible reason:)

13. LeeCW

LeeCW Regular Member

Engineer
    Congatulations Yihan!!
    Jia You in the next tourney!!

from Sean and dad

14. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Congrats to Xiao Mao for winning her fourth title in the year. As I can see from the tv, she has lost some weight. :crying: She is thinner than before, heart pain. :crying: I also realized her skin is darker than before maybe expose too much to sun? :rolleyes:

15. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    kudos to Wang Y H...:):)

16. wenqi

wenqi Regular Member

student
    relax suetyan=D

17. wang.cly

wang.cly Regular Member

student
    Yeah i realized too about her skin is more darker.. she has lost some weight again????:eek:
    Oh no, when i met her in Jakarta, i think she's so thin. what happen if she become thinner than before??:(
    Maybe she do her exercise very hard..
    Suetyan can you tell her to be more relax? hehehehe....

I'm really happy she can win her fourth title...
    Go Xiao Mao go!!!!:D

18. wang.cly

wang.cly Regular Member

student
    Xiao Mao pic please...
    Can somebody give me the link for her video in macau? semi or final??

19. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Congratz Yihan....You beat my Jiang2 once again.......

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A deserved win for Xiao Mao..

..indeed, very good, thumbs up!!. She fought back in the 2nd game of her WS Final vs. JYJ to force the rubber game and continued her momentum in the 3rd game. Way to go!!:cool: