Juliane Schenk

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jul 23, 2012.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I watched juliane's semifinal match against petya nedelchelva . Even petya was good till the second half of the rubber game. I think petya is also good player . She is taking everything thrown at her. Even petya was leading 14-11 in the rubber game. But the experience of juliane made her to move to final by finishing the game easily. Kudos to juliane. Congrats !!! She is continuously in fifth final of the year.

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

If Petya was born in Germany she might have been a better performing player than Schenk at this point but at least they are doing something right over there on the ladies side of things with Zetchiri and Stoeva(x2) as well or maybe more natural talent than structural development shining through [​IMG][​IMG]

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Well, well, well! It wasn't all that easy in the end for Juliane against the veteran Yao Jie at the Bitburger Open finals. She crawled over the finish line, 21-10 15-21 25-23. Notch another tournament victory for Juliane this year; what a year she's been having! :)

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ...and the tributes pour in...

Schenk wins in Saarbrücken

04.11.2012, 18:50 clock
    Germany's best badminton player and European silver medalist Juliane Schenk won the home tournament in Saarbrücken.

http://www.handelsblatt.com/badminton-national-schenk-triumphiert-in-saarbruecken/7343992.html

Excerpts: (via Google xlate)

..."It was an exciting experience, but you have to enjoy it," Schenk said after she had turned her third match point.

..."The last three weeks have me physically and mentally much demanded," said Schenk: "I have shown many times that I'm way in the world I need to tip more to prove anything to anyone, least of all myself."

And another one from the Badminton Germany website...

http://www.badminton.de/Bitburger-12.2418.0.html

Excerpt (via Google xlate):

Juliane Schenk that one of the best badminton players in the world, is beyond question. But currently, the native Krefelderin floats on a real wave of success. After the world ranking sixth two weeks ago when doped with $ 400,000 Denmark Open Super Series tournament to the finals and came eight days later was at the French Open in the semifinals, she sat down today to the crown. The European silver medalist won for the second time after 2009, the Bitburger Badminton Open in women's singles. Here, the 29-year-old returned from the SG EBT Berlin against Yao Jie from the game of the day. The first set went with 21:10 on the top-seeded German, the second with 21:15 on the previous year's finalist from the Netherlands. The third set was then outbid real thriller: 19:19, 21:21, 23:23 - so the standings. Juliane Schenk in the end made ​​the two points to 25:23. Then she lays down on the floor, covered her face with both hands and you could feel the tension literally falling on her.

"The past three weeks have demanded from me a lot. But I am grateful that my body has carried me this far. It's always nice to play in front of his home crowd and to feel this support. The thrill of it make in the end. Great respect even before my opponent, which was a meeting of equals - and thus came about this high-class match"

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Juliane !!!! Salute to you.. Great work... This is her fifth finals this year. Great. I have no other choice other than bowing my head to your hard work you have been doing in your later stages of your career. Excellent.. I wish you all the very best for your remaining tournaments ahead this year.

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Congrats to Juliane Schenk. Being a champion on her home soil.

7. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yes , of course a nice victory!
    But her dream is it, to win the Yonex German Open GPG once. I hope she can do it in march '13.
    Go on, soldier :)

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  9. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    Congrats Schenk!!!

Just saw the rankings. Its wonderful to see Juliane there in top 5 which she thoroughly deserves. :)

10. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Lets hope, she stays consistent and hangs around in the top 5. One thing is for sure, she needs to beat the Chinese players regularly to stay there. It is going to be very difficult but not impossible.

11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    With the form she is having, defintely she can beat most of the top players excluding some(saina), lets see how she does in china open, where she needs to play Yihan(if she overcomes sindhu in the second round) in quarters. If she defeats yihan, then she would go final for sure. I hope her to see in the final.

12. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    Yeah I too hope she maintains her consistency. With her current form she is a lot more competitive with top 5, oh wait... she is top 5 :p

She has to find a way to overcome SN though, the H2H record is worst with her.

13. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

That SM in the French Open, if Schenk had won the 1st game, it would have been very tough for Saina. Schenk practically gave up in the second game.

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sorry.. I dont know german.:(

16. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

17. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    coach

Just wonder who her coach is. He looks like Korean, but just sit there watching and doesn't talk to her at all during breaks.

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    It seems like she came here with a coach in order to assist her during tenser moments. But i believe she is strong even without coach . He may be here only to add a note to her psychological boost. She played excellently. Definitely i root her to the final . I want her to win a major title .

19. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

The german national coach for WS is called Xu Yan Wang, former coach of the german league team "Langenfeld".

Since Juli seems to insist on being on her own during a match, it's difficult to say what the "on court" collaboration between her and the coaches actually looks like.

20. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I see. So it's Juliane who requests the coach not to border her. :) That's interesting. :) But she did hug her coach after she beat WYH.