Playing badminton in Valencia, CA

Discussion in 'USA West' started by baddyfan, Jun 17, 2008.

1. BadFanLa

BadFanLa New Member

Self Employed
    Thanks. I will pass this info to SCBA. SCBA is a non profit organization and has been around for a long time. You can visit them on the web at www.scba.org. I am positive they must have come across these issues in the opening of other facilities such as Pierce college and Calabasas.

My immedeate task and concern is the collection of name, address and contact information to pass on to SCBA. I will need some local help with this.

2. MattyCob

MattyCob New Member

Badminton in SCV

Hello Everyone,

I play at the Santa Clarita sports complex - they have badminton nets in the racquetball courts (its not the best set up, but it lets me get my badminton fix).

I was wondering if anyone was interested in starting a badminton club, or at least if someone wants to play. I am intermediate/advanced (im guessing) and would love some more people to play with since I only have one other friend who plays with me.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks.

3. wickeddrop

wickeddrop Regular Member

I know its a bit of a drive for you, but if you can come to West LA on Mondays and Wednesday nights at Mar vista rec center, you can get your badminton fix then. It only cost $5 and all the feathered shuttles are provided for you. Wide range of players from beginners to intermediate to advanced.

4. MattyCob

MattyCob New Member

Thanks for the info - but like you said - I really rather not drive for an hour + to play some badminton.

But I appreciate the info!

5. trvlgrl

trvlgrl New Member

Looking For Adult Badminton Players in Santa Clarita (Beg/Int)

It seems like the only place to play here is at the SC Sports Complex using their racquetball court. :( It's better than having to drive into the valley or other areas in LA. :crying: I'd love to play at least twice a week. :)

6. wickeddrop

wickeddrop Regular Member

Playing at a racquetball court is not even worth it for me....i mean...its too narrow and you dont even have the correct lines. SC aint that far from the valley...make the trek and come experience some real badminton :)

7. SCVMalaysian

SCVMalaysian New Member

CEO
    Badminton

I know this posting is old but did you guys ever happened to form a B-Club, and did you start playing here. I am looking for people to play with in Santa Clarita/Newhall/Valencia. I live in Valencia.

Thanks.

Raju

8. Pong Smart

Pong Smart Regular Member

Scientist
    Recreational Badminton open to the public at the Los Angeles Mission College in Sylmar.

Thursday 6:30pm - 8:30pm with 9 lighted indoor courts available, starting this week from Jun 21-Aug 23, 2012, $4.00 per drop-in or 10 sessions for $40 payable at the Fitness Center.

At the Los Angeles Mission College Health, Fitness and Athletic Complex (HFAC) located on the new East Campus 12890 Harding Street, Sylmar, CA 91342 nearest cross street is Eldridge. It is about 5 blocks to the south of the main Mission College campus.

Badminton racket & plastic birdies will be provided if you don't have one. Or you can bring your own.

Contact Steve Ruys at (818) 364- 7891 or (818) 364-7621 email: at ruyssc@lamission.edu

2nd contact Pong Nimnual at (310) 877-3951 or at pongnim@yahoo.com

Hope to see you there!