Groups In The East

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by chrislyn, Jan 15, 2008.

1. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

we're playing every friday 8-10pm... not sure if that's ok with you...

2. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

hi :) apart from you and your wife, there's another couple (uncle and aunty) who'll be joining us on 15 Feb... that aside, i'm the only other lady... mostly guys so far. I've just posted a notice re. the confirmed venue... thanks :)

3. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

Hi :) thanks for your interest in our group... we're currently full (have sufficient players)... but do fill the form in & email to chrislyn82@gmail.com ... i'll keep you informed should we have vacancies anytime in the future :)

Badminton Central username:
    Name:
    Mobile number:
    Age: (u can write 20+, 30+ etc. if u don't wish to disclose yr exact age)
    Standard*: beginner / intermediate / advanced
    Membership type: regular / on-off / just trying out first

4. terror

terror Regular Member

haha the infamous scramble for courts online. never used the system, and the only courts i ever got when booking in person were those at the earliest time slots in the morning

doesnt matter. maybe we'll be luckier next time;)

anyway if we miss in future, maybe chrislyn u could drop an sms to me. i walk pass siglap cc just about everyday, so booking the courts shouldnt be a problem. today however, found out that both courts there have been booked for ARCHERY(?????) on 15 feb.

5. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

hahaa... yup... it was very stressful, not easy to get 2 courts for 2 consecutive hours on my own. hope i'll have better luck with next friday's booking. yup, siglap cc's good, just played there today :) Thanks for your offer! that would be great! will let you know again next friday if i do miss the courts (again) :p ya, saw the diff activities under the court's booking list at tampines central cc too... they seem to use these courts for almost everything!

#65 chrislyn, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  6. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

15 Feb 2008 attendance list... do let me know if there are any changes... thanks :)
    • chrislyn (yes)
    • interestone (yes)
    • Iwan (yes)
    • joon_v (no)
    • kestrel (yes)
    • Lauti (yes yes)
    • Mimimomo (yes)
    • terror (yes)
    • -Silver- (yes)
    • Xinguy (yes)
    • tanleels (yes yes)
    • tcls1 (no)
    • mengmengmeng (awaiting reply)
    • JackOne (awaiting reply)
    • enervac (awaiting reply)

7. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    sry but i think i need to confirm wif u again soon as i might have family activities on that day .:( I will confirm again. once again sorry

8. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

sure, no worries, hear from you again nearer the time :)

9. mimimomo

mimimomo Regular Member

Hello chrislyn,

sry i may have some family matters to attend to on 15th Feb :( but will let u know again asap ok. Cheers.

10. aerotus70

aerotus70 Regular Member

no problem, I will try to join if i can make it on fridays:) will pm/email you if you post court bookings here. Thanks

11. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

sure no worries... hear from you again :)

12. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

Happy Chinese New Year!

Hi everyone :)

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!! Just dropping a short note to wish everyone of you a new year filled with love, happiness, peace, properity and good health!!! Have fun! See you all after the new year :)

warmest regards,
    Chrislyn

13. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Hey :) Happy New Year too, I'm in Indo this week, so can't help you book courts tommorow again :p sorry bout that. Hope you all enjoy your CNY too :) See y'all

14. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

no worries :) will try again this time ;p have a great cny and have fun!

15. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Hi Iwan and Chrislyn,

I will try to help to book the courts, is it 7 to 9pm or 8 to 10pm, bedok sports hall?

16. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

it's 8-10pm bedok sports hall... if not, i'll be going for siglap cc... thanks so much for helping... think i really "cannot-make-it"... sorry... will also give it a try at 7am. thanks!!

17. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

No worries, I will try my best to book the court.

18. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Hi Chrislyn,

I did not managed to get the court, so sorrie.

19. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

it's ok, thanks for helping :) i did not manage to get the courts either... it's really crazy!! did it much faster this time also no use... literally zero courts were left the moment i clicked "query"... will go for alternatives now... heard that it's almost impossible to get courts at bedok SH on fri nights... will try siglap cc and tampines safra from now. sorry guys...

20. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

So Sorry Guys

Hi everyone,

i know that i've just managed to get this group going, however, i'm having a real problem getting courts in the east on fridays 8-10pm both in the sports halls and the community centres. Bedok sports hall is almost impossible to get for some reason, & from what i've been checking online since 2 weeks ago, siglap CC & most of the other courts in CCs in the east seem to be booked up just as quickly during that time slot. Usually only tampines central cc still has courts, perhaps it's because the courts can't be booked online & have to be booked over the counter.

i know that we've not even had our first session, but i'm really sorry to have to inform you that for the above-mentioned reason, i will not be able to keep this group going. Last week, i was still able to make my way to tampines central cc to book the courts over the counter the moment it's open for booking at 9am, but i'm not able to do so this time round to get courts for 22 Feb.

I'D LIKE TO APPEAL TO:
    1) anyone who has the time & resources to get courts in the east on a weekly basis to take over leadership of the group. Do email me at chrislyn82@gmail.com if you're interested to take over or if you know anyone who has the capacity to do so.
    2) those of you who already have regular groups going (preferably in the east) to help take some of my members in if possible. Do feel free to list your group/contact details in this thread (including day, time, venue & approximate level of play). Thanks a lot...

If no one's able to take over leadership of this group, i'm afraid that i'll have to close the groupeven though it has barely started. My sincerest apologies to all my members. Thank you all so much for your support/assistance all this while, really appreciate it. You've been really great. Sorry that i didn't manage to pull this through as initially intended. It's really tough, especially for a joker like me with little/no experience in the area. I honestly have no idea how groups out there manage to get their courts every week during peak hours. Anyone who has a clue how they pull it off (apart from queuing at the office from 4+am & waiting for it to open for booking), do enlighten me...

Really really sorry guys... we still have our game on Friday 15 February, 8-10pm, tampines central CC as previously announced... see you guys there. Hope we'll be able to work something out soon. Thanks for your patience & understanding, apologies once again...

#80 chrislyn, Feb 7, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2008