Wang Shixian ( 王适娴 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by george@chongwei, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I was wondering if it's better if another coach can coach WSX. Different players have different body build and athleticism. Zhang Ning is tall and strong. She was playing power badminton. WSX is much smaller and not as athletic. She cannot play like Zhang Ning. She is more a finesse style and has excellent footwork. The great Susi Susanti never has a power smash and she was able to dominate WS for so long. Maybe if they can find a coach like Susi Susanti for WSX, and she will be better off.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Qidong, good idea, our pretty WSX is only 1.68m tall. How about the fatherly figure, Grand Master Tang Xianhu? Too much to ask for, I guess,just my wishful thinking.

In that article I mentioned, WSX admitted to being a stubborn character who will not yield to pressure or simply make do with certain minor things she is particular about. Even when it comes to food, she doesn't take any ginger,onion and garlic; should the waiter,after she has given specific instruction not to include them, accidentally or forgetfully added them, she will take the trouble to pick them out one by one.

3. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    Seems like CBA have lost the plot when it comes to WSX and they are simply wasting her potential by not understanding her abilities thereby causing her to loose confidence in herself. What a pity to see her lose like this. Power play and athleticism augment badminton sport but there is more to badminton than those two. I hope they fix this soon.

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    She's a tough cookie. Something huge in her favour is that she's one of the very few top girls who have been relatively free of any injuries all along. That points to a good physique and a proper technique. And she still has at least 5-6 years of productive top-level badminton left in her. I say again, the CBA think tank have screwed up in her case and need a completely fresh approach.

....because she now appears to be nurturing a sort of persecution complex at times. She needs to wake up and realize she's actually living the dream that millions of people can only hope for. It's all a matter of perspective.

She's always had a pretty lethal smash, but the ccoaches need to make her understand that the smash can also be used as a set-up weapon. I'm really flabbergasted by her backroom team's complete lack of creative and analytical gusto, in her case...

5. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

I also think she needs to hit the gym room and build up her physical strength and stamina. I remember watching a video segment where she was basically whining and crying that physical training is too hard. She should just train to be a stronger athlete, like Wang Yihan and Juliane Shenk.

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

It will be difficult for WSX as she is quite slight and putting on some muscles to help her strength might be counter productive to her flexibility and movement. That said, she could definitely improve her stamina and game strategy.

I don't think anyone can top Juliane. Probably the fittest woman in the game. She's a freakin' soldier for Pete's sake!! :D

7. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    wkwkkwk hope she can improve all her shortage.. and soon she can do the best for her tourney.. :)

8. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    wow.. 0.0 minatsu mitani winner the french open 0.0

9. sophia_z11

sophia_z11 Regular Member

She has an active sina weibo. http://weibo.com/u/2274595341You can try this.

10. sophia_z11

11. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    抱歉,你访问的页面地址有误,或者该页面不存在

请检查输入的网址是否正确,或者联系新浪客服:
    4000 960 960(个人) 4000 980 980(企业)按当地市话标准计费
    1秒之后页面自动跳转,你还可以:
    1)返回首页
    2)去其它地方逛逛:微话题|热门微博|风云榜|微公益
    or translete :
    Sorry, you visit the page address is incorrect or the page does not exist

Please check the input of the URL is correct, or contact Sina Customer Service:
    4000960960 (personal) 4000980980 (Enterprise) by standard local telephone billing
    Seconds after the page automatically jump, you can also:
    1) Back Home
    2) go to other places around town: micro-topic | Popular microblogging | Billboard | micro-public

12. sophia_z11

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

azrenth boy, have to hand it to you. Despite your Chinese language problem,you never give up in trying to connect with Shixian. Ya, the more you know Shixian, the more you like her, she's adorable, very much a child at heart as her 'elder brother' Cai Yun puts it and her peer Gong Weijie, ex-CHN national player, who is close to her sees her. Indeed she has a faithful following everywhere, endearing herself to many including here with loyal,devoted fans like you.

After watching the replay of the Mitani Minatsu - Saina Nehwal match in the French Open Final,if my observation is correct, I somehow think Shixian can take a leaf from Minatsu. Instead of always thinking where to place her shots, clears and drops,Shixian might want to speed up her game (for which superb fitness is the essence) and construct the rally to go on the attack - I shan't go into specifics as there are many experts here who can describe it better.

Glad to say,sweetie Shixian never gives up, just like our azrenth, as evident in her last match vs Eriko Hirose in the same French Open where she exhibited signs of changing her playing style albeit gradually. The dauntless Shixian will be back,revitalized,remodelled,transformed. Cheers!

One last thing, if I'm not wrong, to access Shixian's weibo account, you have to first sign up as a member of weibo.com. As it is all in Mandarin, I don't know how to guide you, sorry.

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

OK, I came across this video with a caucasian guy reading in Mandarin. In it he appears to mention a name that sounds like "Wang Shixian". Of course it may be a name that just sounds like it or maybe another person by the same name, but I was curious to find out. I don't understand Mandarin so can someone please indulge me. Thanks :)

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cblqyj6Z_ls

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Good fun but absolutely nothing to do with WSX - I didn't hear anything remotely sounding like her name in the video. Thanks.

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Told you I don't understand Mandarin, hehe. Thanks

17. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    exactly,i have been registered,but,i.. didn't remember the password and mail.. -.- cuz this only gmail,so,i must check in my gmail account,but my gmail in problem.. so.. i must register again... google translate hahahahha! *fire

18. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    -.- i didnt know anything,there is no gmail account in weibo -.-# ok.. allright,support shixian in her tencent! :) wkkwkwkkwk

19. vixter

vixter Regular Member

At the same time, she has to win matches for herself. Her trainers and coaches can only do ever so much. They provide her with excellent training opportunities and the rest it's all up to her. but now she is in a phase of low confidence, that's why she is losing. Skill wize, she is still better than most of the girls she's losing to right now.

20. vixter

vixter Regular Member

She was way too much trying to influence the line judges and umpire to make calls go her way. It even looked like she influenced chair umpire to make a strange overrule in favour of WSX on a couple of points later. So the way I saw it, she created all of that herself. On the other hand there were a few calls that I really think went against Eriko Hirose.