Stringing advice for noob on Tecnifibre TF8000 machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Ozzy_FitPro, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Ozzy_FitPro

Ozzy_FitPro New Member

Sales
    Hello!
    I am new to badminton stringing, just started stringing for a local sports store.
    My machine is a Tecnifibre TF8000, which is outstanding for tennis and squash. 6 pt mounting and great gripper and clamps (double action).
    My first racquet today was a Yonex Musclepower 80. Not too much trouble stringing until I got to the last cross. My clamp didnt reach the last cross so I had to pull it by hand.
    The result was so-so. Acceptable I suppose, all other strings were well tensioned.
    Could anyone give me advice about my setup.
    I have another racquet in line which is a Voltric 80, more vertical space but I dont have a load spreader. Getting it soon. Unsure though how this will work with the pad that is already there.
    I am a bit hesistant about stringing this Voltric 80 without the load spreader, also this racquet has more sharp grommets. Additionally, tension is a bit higher (26lbs), the previous racquet was 24 lbs and I used 5% pre-stretch.
    Been watching a bit of videos and I didnt realize badminton was so tricky.
    You guys who know this well do a terrific job!
    I dont know if this machine is optimal for badminton stringing, the mounts arent quite positioned symmetrical enough in my opinion for an evenly distributed mount (with the load spreader they should be better distributed but marginally). The clamp bases although fine for tennis and squash, seem to be a dilemma when reaching the last crosses/outer mains for badminton. Perhaps I could get around by using a flying clamp?
    I think with the load spreader and flying clamp I could make it work, but I am investigating an alternative machine, I do have a Wise tensioner that I used on a previous machine when I lived in the US.
    I think with the load spreader it will help but I will most likely have a space issue with the crosses, at the same time I dont want to remove the top red pad, need that when I string tennis and squash.
    Please let me know any advic gripper.JPG clamps.JPG overview.JPG e,
    Have attached some photos.
    Ozzy

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

You really need narrower, dedicated badminton clamps. Like these

700_WA335new.jpg

If they're not available from TF themselves, you might have a problem - if memory serves, the bases are auto-locking on that machine.

3. Ozzy_FitPro

Ozzy_FitPro New Member

Sales
    Thanks, I see what you mean, unfortunately the clamps and base are all one piece, no ability to switch easily, the clamps in place work just fine, just the space issue, for this Voltric 80 I have waiting to be strung should be ok, more vertical space on the crosses. With a load spreader it will be difficult, perhaps I could use the flying clamp in places where the fixed clamps wont reach?
    Dont feel like shelling out money right now on a new base....
    Thanks,
    Ozzy

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

You can try sawing the outermost teeth off your loadspreader (turn it into a three-toother), or get a Yonex loadpreader - those are pretty narrow. Make sure you remove the plastic pad from your 12 o'clock support as well - it doesn't need to be there is you're using a loadspreader.

This, coupled with the narrow Yonex-style flying clamps, might give you the room you need.

5. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    YES! yonex flying clamp will do the trick.

6. ya4dang1

ya4dang1 Regular Member

Programmer
    If you have budget for the fixed badminton clamps and know where to find them, please do it.

Or else get yourself a pair of Yonex flying clamps, they are the best.