Yonex ArcSaber 10 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jan 30, 2008.

1. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

If I am not wrong you were suggesting BG66sharp rather than Nbg98. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Have you change to NBG 98 with your ARch 10?

2. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Sorry everyone,

Seemed to be getting old. h4n5ip is right. I had mistaken my BG66Sharp and NBG98. My Arc Saber 10 was strung with BG66Sharp.

Sorry again, Modious and others...

Thanks.

#1282 HKChua, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  3. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Hi Blurry D,

Sorry, should be BG66Sharp instead of
    NBG98 @ 28LBS.

4. ericehuang

ericehuang Regular Member

Student
    HELLO Badminton People

I got a Arcsaber 10 (3u and strung with NBG 98 @ 24, bought in Japan)for Christmas and heres what i think (Comparing to my HEAD nanopower 700)

Just like many people said in the earlier reply, i believe the Arcsaber lacks power, i feel that it actually got less power than my nanopower 700

Other than power, the best thing i think for the arcsaber is its speed. Its incredibly fast and felt really good when i swing it.

So .....thats what i think of the Arcsaber 10

5. NiTroXiTy

NiTroXiTy Regular Member

Student: Teacher in Computer Science
    I got an ArcSaber 10 yesterday as well. I needed it fast, so it's still strung with the standard BG65. I have one extra (thin) Yonex grip. I believe this is THE racket I have been looking for. Yesterday I played for 3 hours (non-stop, game after game), and my arm did not get tired at all. The racket gives a nice power, but not the ultimate power. The control with this racket is just perfect. Clearing doesn't need a lot of energy too.
    Yesterday I won from guys with 21-14, who I couldn't beat before. The main reason for this is I didn't get tired, and before with my head heavy Carlton Fireblade Elite I got tired within one hour of playing.
    I still have to get used to the speed of the racket, it's a bit quicker than I'm used to.
    I think my next string will be a BG65Ti (OR perhaps a BG80).
    Anyway, if you're an all-round player who likes a full control of the shuttle, and a little bit power, I truely believe you should invest in an ArcSaber 10.

And, because of this racket, I'm switching back to Yonex!

#1285 NiTroXiTy, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    ArcSaber 10 is best to be strung with a thin gauge string for maximum speed, touch and feel. If you guys cannot afford the 66Sharp.. bg66 is good enough as well..

7. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    Arcsaber10 and BG 66 is a perfect match....
    and it is better to put the string at high tension...
    ( 25 Lb++ )
    i am using BG 66 at 28 lbs.....
    it gives good power as well as control
    and feels really good :D

8. SpendorK

SpendorK Regular Member

Arcsaber10 and NBG 98 is a perfect match at 28lbs or above :)

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I strung mine at 31lbs if its BG65 or 30lbs for BG66. At the moment i'm using BG66 for my Arc10.

10. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

Fully agreed. Arch saber best suit with thin string at high tension.
    One more thing. it's much better with 4 knots rather than 2 knots.

11. stkis1

stkis1 Regular Member

I fully agreed with ants ArcSaber 10 is indeed best to be strung using either BG66 or BG66Sharp. Mine, I strung it with BG66sharp and I really could feel the max speed and also the touch. With Arc10 it is indeed has charge my and also improve my game tremendously. I love my ArcSaber 10.

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    dooh.. You tell me a racket which is specially suited for thick strings at low tension ?!?! :rolleyes: :confused: Of course it is most suited for high tension thin strings (as every other decent racket around, given you can afford the string-breakage...)

/Twobeer

13. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

An average Joe's opinion...

Now that I own an Arc 10:D, I thought I'd add my tuppence/two cents. I'm not Ants (or Dink or Pete), but here goes anyway (please forgive the length:eek:):

First impressions, stringing:

The strawberries and cream styling seems to divide people, but I love it - I think it looks purposeful. The fit and finish is excellent, with paint quality being as good as anything else in YY's range. The fitted grip is even good enough to use off the shelf if it's the right size for your hand.

Mine is in 3U, but it feels very "substantial" for that weight. The balance is smack in the middle when unstrung, and the shaft is pretty stiff. When swung, it produces some very reassuring momentum.

I strung mine at 29/31 in BG70 (I play with plastic shuttles) and I can safely say I have never felt such confidence in a frame at this high a tension: it barely distorts at all and retains its shape perfectly. There's loads of room around the machine thanks to the thin frame as well.

Game time:

Doubles:

I play doubles at least 90% of the time and I consider myself (now) and all-court player. Staple shots such as clears and lifts got right to the back with very little effort, smashes had serious bite (when I could be bothered to climb over them), and even my backhand smashes caught people out. When it comes to precision the Arc 10 again triumphs, with serves and delicate net tumblers under supreme control. I had a few frame hits (cacking myself at 31 lbs:D), but it shrugged them off.

Defensively the Arc 10 is excellent, with the balance contributing a head that's very easy to place and a shaft that turns floaty blocks into real lifts or drives.

Singles:

When I find a racket perfect for doubles it normally stinks for me in singles, and vice versa. Not this time. I played a singles merely because there was a free court, and the Arc 10 was astonishing. Clears sailed for miles, even around the head, with the slightest flex of the wrist, smashes screamed down into open spaces and backhand "in trouble" shots didn't fall anywhere near the mid-court. Flat rallies were no problem either, the shuttle being very easy to steer with the merest adjustments.

Conclusion:

+

Excellent build quality/fit and finish;

LOVES high tension;

Combines the power of a top-end Armortec with the balance of a top-end Nanospeed;

Seems to WANT you play at your best:D.

-

I'm told you have to be a high-intermediate or better to fully appreciate it;

Sticker price could be viewed as excessive (but I paid £115, so I'm happy;));

The fact that I had to liquidate my beloved 900P to get one.

Overall, the Arc 10 is "all things to all (wo)men" - it seemed to mutate in my hand to fit the needs of the current shot. I will miss my 900, but the Arc 10 is more than capable of assuming its characteristics whenever I need them.

I love this thing to the hilt - 10/10 in every department.

Attached Files:

14. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

Great review Mark A. I just got my arcsaber 10 yesterday :O

I must say, it is an amazing racket, but it is really hard to use (considering I switched from a Cab8600 to an arc 10). This racket is amazing, lighter than a NS9000, yet powerful as an AT900P. Yonex did a great job =D

15. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

i've strung mine with 66SHARP but it felt hard...just couldn't get the power from it and cut it that night, both racquets. strung it with 65ti and it lost tension just like that after a week; cut it and strung it with bg85 - I LOVE IT!!! 68ti was good as well and tension was thereabouts until it snapped.

note: strung mine at 27lbs. always wanted to go higher, say 29lbs but my stringer is afraid....

16. Brian2000

Brian2000 Regular Member

Perfectly said... :p:p

17. Chocolatier

Chocolatier New Member

I was wondering about the SP (not CC) on the shaft of the Arc Saber 10. How come some Arc10s have it and others do not?

18. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Have you tried doing a search or reading the FAQs on distribution codes?

19. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Do tell where you got an ArcSaber 10 at that attractive price, Mark ;)

20. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    heeh, that's what they all say @ first! There will be days where you'll get power hungry!!! You'll be back!!!