Zhang Ning ( 张宁 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Zhang Ning was divorced in 2010 and remarried recently. This is the background of his current husband. He is 48 y.o. and was a teammate and old friend of LYB. He is based in Germany. He founded a company which is a distributor for Li-Ning in Europe. He helped arranging for the surgeries of WL and WX in Germany.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2012-12-05/04356323864.shtml

#81 pcll99, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student

I had read that before but just still confused :D
    Thanks for that explanation :)

3. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

congrats to zhnag ning... such a cute baby girl, already with a mini custom made racquet by her side.. u go girl!

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Thanks :) Another women's singles junior champion born already !!!!!! Good.. Hope the mother and the baby are in good health.. :)

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I dont know why people keep posting a link which is not at all understood by all since it is a forum for all.:confused:
    Please i request you all who post a link which is not at all understandable by all to translate it for the sake of everybody in the world to know the contents. :)

7. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

thank you for the info. :)

8. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Zhang Ning's impressive records :
    Zhang Ning is the most successful WS in world badminton history :p:p:p

#88 Fortune, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What you say makes sense - all the above is missing something, unlike Lin Dan who has won everything and more to spare. That's why Lin Dan is The Greatest Ever.

But to me, Zhang Ning is still very special in that she could do what no other at her age could, that in itself is a phenomenon. As to who I think is the greatest WS? I don't know but I'm sure in future someone will emerge to convince everyone she is The One.

10. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Of course LLW is the greatest. World #1 in WS (also in WD ; means she is not focus in WS only), World Champion, and also the most important thing, 4 titles in Indonesia Open. Remember, it is very difficult to win in Jakarta with the crowd like that. The most extreme crowd in the world. Except her, no other foreign WS that can win Ina Open 4 times, especially when the crowd are against you :p. also, 3 titles in a row before she retired. Who else can match LLW supremacy ? No one :p

11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

not really if you ask me. he still lack 1 EAG MS gold title. :D hehe.

the that 'The One' must be very really special, to can surpassed all great names above achievements. hope i can live long enough to see her come to this arena. :)

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Saina already won indonesia open 3 times. She is 22. I hope she will do it further more in her career.. Just for your information.. Nothing offense..:)

13. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

quite agree. seems like she is quite comfortable playing there.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lin Dan already won the Asia Games gold in 2010 beating Lee CW - you can find the match on youtube, great battle.

Whatever, to me,it's not necessary to win everything. Lin Dan's 2 OG and 4 WC are more than enough, nobody even comes close. And his H2H against his contemporaries, esp his closest rivals, is already an unmatched record.I'm even more impressed by the way he plays. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, he need not win anything more from now on and still remain The Greatest of All Time.

15. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    But Saina won it 3 times through the support of Indonesia's crowd whom I say, the most extreme crowd in world of badminton. Totally differentwith the Chinese players (incl. LLW of course) whom are Ina's players arch rival. In INA open 2009 & 2012, the crowd support Saina and against the Chinese (Wang Lin & Li Xuerui). And don't forget, LLW not focus in WS only, but she still can win 3 titles in a row in just 3 weeks, plus the #1 status for long time. No one can match LLW superiority :p

#95 Fortune, Dec 8, 2012
  16. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    So her current husband lives in Germany now. That will be tough. If ZN continues to be coaching the Chinese team, there will be very limited time they can be together, and it's not good for the baby girls also. I wonder if ZN is considering coaching the German WS team.

17. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Actually LD also never won Singapore open / SS, Malaysia and Indonesia title. I think it is more valuable than EAG, and it is more difficult to win, especially in INA and MAS. That's why I said no one can win all of them, so lets count the number of major titles to decided who is the the most successful MS or WS of all time. The result is : Lin Dan in MS, and Zhang Ning in WS :p

#97 Fortune, Dec 8, 2012
  18. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    bad's fan refering to East Asian Games, and not Asian Games

19. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Found this on LXR's thread after her defeat vs Saina that are support by Ina's crowd : http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/104450-Li-Xuerui-(-李雪芮-)/page21
    this is not usual. Crowd in Ina is the most extreme in the world, even MAS 1994 Thomas Cup member was very affraid, not to mention the female Chinese players. Most of the players can handle the crowd in Japan, Korea and other places, bcoz they are not wild. Off topic : and it shows how great LLW is :p. 4 Indonesia open titles and 1989 World Championships title in Jakarta, facing against the wild crowd :p
    China, Korea and Japan crowd not silence. they just support their idol in normal way, just like in Denmark and AE. not extreme just like in Ina. Why INA crowd can't act like that ? No wonder if they called : uncivilized.

#99 Fortune, Dec 8, 2012
  20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Keep on topic please