AJ Racket Mart (Puchong) VS SP Ah Lee (Bangsar) VS Hock Eng (Bangi)

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by shahreszan, Jun 4, 2009.

1. shahreszan

shahreszan New Member

Senior Ofiicer
    As per title can anybody give comment and comparison about the racket price and customer service at above shop?:cool:

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    each of them has their own advantage. it is negligible.
    racket prices are different in small margin. example, i am staying in Kajang. planning to buy At900P. Hock Eng selling at RM600, AJ selling at RM580, Ah Lee selling at RM590. will it be wise for me to travel from Kajang to Puchong just to save RM20? my petrol and toll will cost much more than RM20. travel to Ah Lee will save me RM10 but the traveling cost will add another RM40++.
    unless that you are looking for particular racket model and cannot find it nearby. ;)
    there is a saying 'penny wise, pound fooling'

as for service, the three are good.
    if you are regular, the service will be better. pricing will be more negotiable.

it is wiser to stick the one nearer to one's home rather than always need to travel far.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Have not tried buying any products or even visit SP Lee or Hock Eng. But so far AJ give good service even many people buy from them. Not arrogant and friendly.

4. yankiat

yankiat Regular Member

Not only that... you need to travel all the way back to the shop if there's any warranty claim for the broken racket... Mmm... agree?

5. fukusami16

fukusami16 Regular Member

Hi There , Can i know here is Ah Lee bangsar located ?. tQ

6. Leoximus

Leoximus Regular Member

Sales n marketing manager
    SP Ah Lee is located along Jln Bangsar, nearby Bangsar LRT station and Shell.

7. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    Like drift say ...
    I always come to Hock Eng , and sometime I come to AJ Mart , what can I see is there's not many different in the price . So all you need is , transport~

8. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    with so much comparison in the cyber world, all the shop will not dare to sell
    too high....they can give good promotion so that we can help them to spread the words
    here....

9. malakaji

malakaji Regular Member

teacher
    Im from Perlis..have meeting in putrajaya but got some time to drop by at both Hock Eng Bangi and AJ puchong for the 1st time..I quote price for MX60 at both shop..Honestly i can tell that AJ give unbelievable price for a non-regular customer like me( not sure if both shop selling different version of victor stuff ie my code or tw code) but both shop provide friendly service..at last i bought 2 compartment victor beg at AJ with good discount too..what I can say is both shop have variety of high end racket in store but for pricing, I would prefer AJ next time I come again.. :D

10. J_2010

J_2010 New Member

Hey,

I thought I might share this online. When to AJ last thursday to look for racquet, was looking at Kason F9 racket there and notice the paint job at the racket is blurring and the paint can be scrap off like using finger. I told the sales person over there, amazingly he took the racket back to store and return with a brand new one. Look at this, seems like AJ Mart Puchong is starting to sell fake racquet. I look at certain high end racquet on display i think the paint job is quite badly done as well in comparison with the similar racquet on display in other shop.

This further proves that is why AJ don't do warranty claim for the its customer as there is fake how to get warranty claim.

Those who is interested of going to AJ to purchase racquet. Good luck on purchasing the fakes in additions to they unprofessional stringing and staff manner.

Totally disappointing for AJ......

11. runeer

runeer Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    Wow, this is a serious allegation! Not sure about the fake racquets, but the boss always ask us to report to sunrise, etc if we ever found a fake racquet in AJ. As for stringing, maybe I'm not that good nor m I that particular. Staff manner? Both bosses and staffs are always friendly and helpful to customers, they even deliver my racquet to the court after re-stringing...

12. andyid02

andyid02 Regular Member

Move Container
    Sometimes, some comments needed to be see for yourself as they may not be real, you may not know that they r competitors of AJ.

13. runeer

runeer Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    Indeed, it could either be real experience or made up...

14. maxout

maxout Regular Member

The funny thing which I cannot understand is: Why is everyone changing racquets SO OFTEN ? :confused:Got so much money ?

I can understand buying shuttlecocks, grips or restringing, I classify them as "consumables" of the game but racquets .... :eek:

Don't you guys feel that when you find a racquet that you like, you stick with it for as long as you can (until broken) ?

15. J_2010

J_2010 New Member

I would like to highlight that I am not a competitor of AJ. Just a ordinary guy who play badminton. I was just buying shuttle at AJ and was looking the racket for browsing purpose.

I just share the info for the benefits of everyone.

Also, about reporting to sunrise is a scare tactic to increase the credibility of the shop. Doubt people will report it sunrise.

What I said is for real and I did not make it up.....

16. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Go to SportsDirect (SS13) Subang Jaya, look for Syukri or Mat ... using Yonex digital stringing machine. :cool:

17. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    some shops or persons will string if u are a very regular customers... it happened to me several times, eventhough my racket was sent by whom are very regular customer of the shop... hate this feeling

18. balthazer

balthazer Regular Member

Web Designer
    Overall most shops are about the same in terms of pricing. Like what Drift said make the most sense. You need to consider and adding the cost of getting to the shop as well.

Example i'm from Kepong and I work in Kota Damansara and the most practical shop for me to go would be KD Sports. There are several shops in KD area(e.g. perfect sports) as well but this is where the service comes in place and so far I do not have any complains but compliments for them.

I am keen to take a look at Hock Eng as I was told that they have tonnes of varieties when comes to badminton accessories and jerseys but thinking of the distances to travel there and back always gives me a second thought :cool:

19. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    lately some online shops emerge in klang valley. very competitive pricing. from the customer feedback, dun think they are selling fakes. i thk they set to give all the big 'players' in the thread titte a run for their bucks.

why buy from them when they dun even have a pyhsical shop? less than rm500 for ns9900. im going to buy my next racket from them!

20. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    need not look elsewhere
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/122854-Yonex-Nanospeed-9900-3U-G5-KL-MSIA