BAM news

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Mar 17, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Badminton: Ramlan: Bath good for Lee

"It is all about one coach (Misbun) who withdrew due to personal reasons and his player (Chong Wei) had to follow suit. It is natural for an athlete to feel cautious or worried with a new approach but we must also remember that athletes are also people who embrace challenges," said Ramlan.

"University of Bath is one of the main foreign bases for our athletes especially for the Road to London programme and we decided to try it out early for the shuttlers.

"The training venues provided by the hosts are not as good as that of tournaments on most occasions but Bath is an alternative where the players can adjust time difference and get acclimatised.

"A seven-hour difference means it takes about seven days to get adjusted internally and this will give our players a slight advantage.

"Chong Wei can afford to miss the stint as he is one of the fittest shuttlers and adapts fast during international tournaments but this is the World Championships and every minor detail is important to maximise performance.

"He may have lost that slight advantage and the best we can do is to provide everything we can here so that his preparations are not affected.

"I have spoken to Misbun twice and he was apologetic for not being able to make the trip but is looking forward to future opportunities, especially before next year's All England, to train at Bath."

Sports Minister Datuk Ahmad Shabery Cheek also urged the badminton players to be more acceptable to alternative training methods following their reluctance to train at the University of Bath.

"While current methods may also produce results, the badminton players must be ready to accept new methods," said Ahmad Shabery at his office in Putrajaya yesterday.

BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai said it was a collective decision to accept Misbun's wishes as he had cited personal reasons but stated that such late requests will not be entertained in future.

"It was a collective decision to exempt Misbun who also wanted Chong Wei to stay back and train in Kuala Lumpur since he will not be making the trip to the University of Bath," said Chin Chai.

"Misbun and Chong Wei are professionals and know what they are doing and we have granted their wishes on this occasion. However, we will ensure there will be no late withdrawals should there be any future stints.

"There could be further stints if this helps our players as the World Championships will be held in England next year."

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/43badnsi/Article

Ramlan defends decision to send shuttlers to train in Bath

“The NSI, BAM and NSC are together in this. This is a national project. It does not revolve around badminton only but also other sports. All agencies are involved and we work in the spirit of partnership,” said Ramlan at a special press conference initiated by the NSI to clarify about the Bath stint.

“As far as we are concerned, there are scientific justifications in sending the players to Bath. Besides, it is also affordable because of our partnership with the university.”

In March, the government signed an MoU with Bath University for it to become a gateway and forward base for Malaysian athletes.

Ramlan hoped that more effective communication between all parties – athletes, coaches, support service staff and sports officials – would prevent a recurrence of such misunderstanding.

“There have been several different platforms for us to discuss these matters. But no one had raised any concerns. We are the service providers and we are always open to what the coaches or the officials have to say,” he said.

“What we are doing is not new but it may be to some. And usually, there will be some kind of resistance when we get out of our comfort zone. This is normal.”

Asked whether Chong Wei will lose out by staying back, Ramlan said: “The only thing that Misbun and Chong Wei will miss is the opportunity to experience the atmosphere in Bath. But they will probably get another chance before the All-England next year.

“It (Bath University) will also be used as a forward base before the World Badminton Championships in London in 2011 and the London Olympic Games in 2012.

“As far as the world meet is concerned, Chong Wei can afford to miss the Bath training stint. He is the fittest and has the ability to adapt quickly.

“I do not take Misbun’s decision to skip this as resistance or reluctance. He has a personal problem and we accept that. We at the NSI will continue to give our support to Misbun and Chong Wei so that they will enjoy the best preparation at home.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/8/13/sports/6849419&sec=sports

can anyone tell if there is some difference in this 2 news?:p

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The slant used is different - The Star on side of players/against the trip, NST on side of management ;)

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    What is going on?
    1. www.mmail.com.my/content/46270-passing-buck
    2. www.mmail.com.my/content/45825-tale-four-datuks
    3. www.mmail.com.my/content/45759-or-without-you

If Misbun had not earlier given notice of opting out after having been informed of the Bath training, then opting out so late, ostensibly for personal reasons, in the game is puzzling and quite frankly is irresponsible.
    I think the Coaching and Training Committee is being too lenient on him by allowing for special treatment for him. LCW is being dragged into this as he is torn between loyalty to Misbun and his duty to the nation.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    One of the reason that Misbun is staying back is due to his ailing wife who has been suffering from Kidney problem. So Misbun chose to stay back and train LCW at home and at the same time can see his wife.

5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    i think you have not read the full news

so you got all your comments wrong

6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

That is not right because I have read all the news referenced in this thread plus the following 3.

As I see it the NSC, NSI, and BAM are in agreement to send the players to Bath after consulting all the coaches. Of course training in a place that is in the same time zone as the World Championship venue for at least a week is more desirable than training in Malaysia that is 8 hours ahead of the competition time zone. How can the players and the coaches challenge that? After all (coaches or coaching coordinators) were obviously consulted on this and apparently there was no disagreement. The trouble started when Misbun wanted out at the last minute instead of sounding out his objection earlier.
    Following that, Rexy, without much rational thinking, jumps to the conclusion that since Misbun and LCW are not going then all should not go but should stay behind and train together in KL instead. Then there are reported grumblings from some players about going to Bath to train. This is nonsense because if true it reflects the irresponsibility of the coaching coordinators for not informing the players.
    The coaching coordinators are committee members of the Coaching & Training Committee, and once the C&TC has made a decision the coaches and players toe the line. Now we have Misbun, a committee member of the C&TC, having been a party to the collective decision of the committee, opting out instead of saying so at the C&TC meeting when the idea to train in the UK was discussed.
    I think the coaching coordinators either have no backbone or are poor managers.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It is because Misbun Sidek has to stay back due to his ailing wife

It is not that BAM coaching coordinators have no backbone or are poor managers; It is because Misbun Sidek has to stay back due to his ailing wife who has been suffering from Kidney problem. And therefore, LCW also stayed back.

8. eaglehelang

Actually, if one reads the malay press, LCW did voice out his objection but was told it would not be fair to the other players, so he had to agree to go. I dont quite believe NSI & NSC's statement that the coaches didnt say anything. When it comes to these government things it called a "directive"('diarahkan' ) means ordered to go, no objections allowed.

As for Rexy, he could not follow them to England due to visa problems, so it's understandable he would prefer his players to stay. If we, the general public knew the players(& coaches) were not keen to go when it was 1st announced, I find it hard to believe NSC didnt know.;)

The difference between England & Paris I think has already been highlighted earlier.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

BAM players except for World No.1, Lee Chong Wei, are in Bath

:confused::confused::confused: But LCW didn't go; according to this article:
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/8/13/sports/6849658&sec=sports

10. eaglehelang

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    the relationship is unlike how u guys look in the press interview or what so ever
    a bit more complicated
    hehe
    but most of u get it right except .........

12. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    that.....

must be mr.t

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

We would like to know what you are thinking

Finish your sentence limsy. We would like to know what you are thinking. :):):)

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Rashid: No excuses for players

“This is probably what the players needed as they are just focused on preparations without any hindrance.We have four courts at the multi-purpose hall and the two sessions of training are well spent,” said Rashid.
    “The players have already gotten adjusted to the time difference and they are getting adapted to playing in a cool climate and the advantage is that Paris is just one hour away from Bristol.

“We will have two more training sessions tomorrow (today) and there will be a break on Monday where the players will go to Bristol which 10 minutes away. After that, there will be another three days of training before we leave for Paris on Friday.”

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/Rashid_Noexcusesforplayers/Article

so if lcw lost,he can excuse?;)

BAM’s hi-tech centre plan hits a snag

“The BAM were told that the land at Cochrane Road has been given to another ministry and any attempts to change that would be a lengthy process,” said Chin Chai.

“As such, it was suggested to us that we should consider building our centre in Labu. Our president (Nadzmi), Datuk Zolkples and several other officials visited the site. But nothing has been decided yet. We are still looking for a suitable venue.
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/8/15/sports/6860580&sec=sports
    lol
    this always happen in malaysia
    as the one upstair dont know what happen downstair

15. ants

ants Regular Member

The fact is that Misbun already voiced his intention of not going to overseas too much due to his wife's medical condition. NSC and BAM is aware of it. Thats why you dont see Misbun going to overseas while LCW was playing this year. Misbun is just in KL most of the time... going to stadium, home and hospital/clinic...
    He still very much want to take care of LCW but he knows that LCW can take care of himself with the guidance of other coaches. He might wanna take a break from coaching after WC... or at least just want to stay in Msia for coaching and not going overseas with LCW.

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

This is ok so long as there are other coaches to take over from Misbun. Misbun is a professional and like all true professionals he knows that he is not indispensable. The "show must go on". Then why does LCW have to stay back in KL with Misbun? Why are the NSC/BAM still meeting with Misbun to discuss this if they know that Misbun is not a "full-time" coach and has been avoiding overseas trips?
    The fact that the new chairman of the C&TC has indicated that this special arrangement for Misbun/LCW is a one-time deal reflects his concern that such special treatment could be detrimental to the morale of the other coaches/players.
    Not so long ago coaches and players were complaining of too much distraction when training in KL which was one of the reasons why they did poorly in the TC and UC. Bath will certainly cut off all such distractions. So why is LCW refusing to go to Bath with the boys and girls without Misbun? Is it out of loyalty to Misbun?
    Maybe the new high performance director will bring some order and discipline when he is on board. We need one rule for everyone with no special favors or treatment for anyone unless there is an overriding and compelling reason that all the other coaches and players will accept. Otherwise it will breed resentment and affect morale adversely.

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

The thread about Labu, Negeri Sembilan

Yes, I have started a thread about Labu in this thread located at:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...nton-at-Vision-Valley-in-Labu-Negeri-Sembilan

18. ants

ants Regular Member

I understand your predicament on the setup and in regards to Special treatment in BAM Eepak. Well what can we do? We are not in charge of BAM. I do support Discipline in BAM towards their Coaches as well as players... but again.. they only want short term result and what needed to be done now.. consequences..deal later or sweep under the carpet. Sigh... me too very disappointed as well..

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

We do not want this thread to be locked or closed

Hi BCers,

Let us be gentler with our words.

We do not want this thread to be locked or closed.

20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

From what I can gather here, only Koo Kien Keat and Rashid Sidek, are showing some leadership quality. Rexy flips and flops.
    Is LCW so dependent on Misbun that he will not do well if Misbun is not available? I find this hard to believe.