Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Buy one, and I'll buy it off you. Well, as long as the price isn't stupid. :)

2. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

noted. i'll look around and see :p BP780 right? not 380 ;)

3. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yeah the one that actually exists haha

4. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

dropped by 3 li-ning shops in KL. saw it only in one lining shop for rm599, doubt you wanna buy at that price. its yellow ish right?

5. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    About RM400-450 is the street price, apparently. Yeah, it's got some goldy-yellow bits on the side of the frame, but is mostly white.

6. whatever001

whatever001 Regular Member

hi,
    currently I have SW35 and MX80, probably VT80 (if I can negotiate the price). My favorite is SW35. All of my rackets are stiff. Want to look for easy to play rackets (medium stiff probably) when I'm tired.
    N50 and N55 seems good. Can you recommend me which 1 should I get?
    If you have other suggestions, pls let me know :)

7. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I recommend N50 or N50 II , its good for double players

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Again, I wouldn't say any racket is good for doubles or singles specifically. I'd recommend the N77 (as it's the quickest N series racket and thus closest to the MX) or the N70 (which is head heavy, but only medium stiff, making it very easy, if a bit slow, to play).

9. stang1

stang1 Regular Member

Seems like Im the only one using a N55 for doubles play .... @.@"

#1669 stang1, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  10. bartwuster

bartwuster Regular Member

I'm using the N55 for doubles ALL the time when I owned it back then.. :)

11. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Played singles last night. Won 3-1 games. Second time with my new Li-Ning N90II. My smashes were just as hard as my VT80 but with better control. A more solid feel. I think after a few more sessions...the N90II may have surplanted my VT80 as my go to racket.

The HangYu Tournament #1 shuttles didn't fare too well this time out. Lasting barely 1 game per shuttle.

Tried out Victor Champion #1 shuttles. They were decent. Good flight and durability (lasting approx 1-1.5 games). ​

12. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Before you jump out and buy another N90II as a backup, you gotta try out a N90!

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Wouldn't say so - the N90II is a completely different racket, the N90 feels like it's made of iron in comparison. If you're so happy with the N90II, I don't see the need to go for the N90.

14. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Yes,, thats why N90 is the most head heaviest and stiffest a professional racket has produce.

Even Lin dan also give up , he now switch to N50.

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Alright, stop it. The N90 is most definitely NOT the stiffest racket! The MX80 and SW35 alone are stiffer, and several others will be as well. You can love your N90 as much as you want, but please stop posting the same thing over and over again - it's just not true. It's very head heavy, but I really doubt Lin Dan has "given up" (did you see how he bends that thing? Looks like a wet noodle!). His new style of play just benefits more from a different racket, I guess.

16. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    . Maybe I'll borrow yours to try it out :)

17. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Sure, I play at smash every Saturday morning dropin!

18. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I think it is important to point out that there are many aspects to stiffness. And a very headyheavy racket will of course flex more in absoulte terms compare to another racket with the exact same stiffness. To me a stiff racket responds very quickly and returns quick to its original shape, and you feel this very well if you are able to bend flex the shaft substantially during smashes.. (the stifffer the faster it returns to the straight shape, and controlled feeling) and it is almost only eveident when you play with it. testing the static flex by bending the shaft statically with your hands is usually a quite meaningless "test" imop.. Further more comparing a tapered shaft (three-piece with thinner shaft (more bend) at the top of the shaft compared to a std shaft is also misleading.. as the "progressive" shaft like N-series, and even more the conical shaft used in later N-series -II models makes the feeling stiffer in all out smashes imop. as the lover parts of the shaft flexes substantially less.

I agree that N90 is definitively not the stiffest racket around..But it is really Stiff by any yardstick! It is really hard to find a 300+ mm bp that is stiffer!!, the SW35 is certainily stiff, but the bp of 295 makes it feel sitffer also just from the lesser headheaviness...

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Good post. I never intended to say the N90 is not stiff, I get a bit fed up with those fanboy-type posts, be it Yonex, Li Ning, or Victor - unbased praise irritates me. So does bending the truth - like the above statement.
    However, you are completely right - the N90 is indeed a stiff racket. It's very controlled as well for me, but just way too heavy to use efficiently as my swing motion is more suitable to lighter, quicker rackets and my defense is an important aspect of my game and weakened substantially by the N90.

Anyhow, the static bending of a racket is the only way of getting objective data about the stiffness, I believe SOTX was the first company to use a scale to describe their rackets' stiffness (stating how far the head moved when a certain weight was put onto it). The racket will behave differently depending on the shafts construction and the balance, so it is possible for a racket to behave (or feel) stiffer or softer than it should be - which is the famed 'dynamic stiffness'.
    So, the N90 is pretty stiff, but behaves a little softer because of the insane head weight (which helps bending it).
    The same is true the other way around, btw - softer rackets often feel more head heavy than they should as the soft shaft allows the head to lag behind.

20. frostcone

frostcone Regular Member

Anyone tried N77? How is the performance vs N70 or something similar?