KKK & TBH - On The Comeback Trail?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Dec 21, 2008.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

And just when we all thought it'll be peaceful..

...either or......or both are still alive and kickin'!..:p;)

What if KKK & TBH didn't win the SS Finale??.....what if Oldhand never started this thread??..:confused: :p

Pemuda has spoken!.....now waiting for Dato Asbullah to step up to the mic.....:p;):p

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Krackers?

Monday December 22, 2008

Doubles crackers Koo-Tan declare they’re back to their best
    THE Malaysian men’s pair of Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong have sent a crystal clear warning that they are back to dominate world badminton next year.

The duo put up a fantastic show yesterday to end the hot streak of South Koreans Lee Yong-dae-Jung Jae-sung, winning the men’s doubles final of the Super Series Masters Finals 21-18, 21-14.

The odds were heavily stacked against the Malaysians to beat the All-England champions, who had won the last two Super Series tournaments in China and Hong Kong. But they turned the tables on the Koreans with superb attacking play.

The efforts of Kien Keat-Boon Heong in the Finals was worth US$42,000. En route to their first major title this year, they defeated all the top pairs and the success will be a tremendous boost to their confidence.

It was the Malaysians’ second international title this year after the Macau Open in October.

Despite the big win, there was no big celebration from Kien Keat-Boon Heong.

“I think that having not won a big event for a long time, we did not know how to celebrate. But this win means a lot to us,” he said.

“We did not drop a single match in this tournament even though the field was a very intimidating one. And that has given us a lot of confidence.”

Kien Keat added that they had learned to trust each other better in good and bad times and that had led to their comeback.

“We trust each better and we are more relaxed. We cover each other’s weaknesses. It is not a show of an individual but two people who want the same things,” said Kien Keat.

“Now we know how to handle the situation when we are down. And we know how to cope when we are winning. This will help us to go far.”

Boon Heong said that they hoped to keep up with their momentum.

“What a surprise it has been for us to end the year by winning this title even though we are not in the best of condition. We can do better than this with better training,” he said.

“I hope I can maintain playing like this. Our next stop is the Malaysian Open, which is just over two weeks away. The real challenge is to stay consistent.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    © 1995-2008 Star Publications

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

If our shuttlers cannot take pressure then maybe they should not be playing professionally. LD is under more pressure but he is able to deliver and all. So typical of the Malaysian subsidy mentally - cannot take presssure and must be spoon fed and all.

Jamaica is even a smaller country with a population of less than 3 million and guess what they won 3 gold medals in Beijing. What are you talking about Malaysia being a small country?? :rolleyes:

4. nauyuchi

nauyuchi Regular Member

jagdpanther... pls use words or even abbreviations that are well-known...
    thanks...

what ever happen... i still support my KKK/TBH as well as the other malaysian players

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You say our footballers are thrash but for badminton, you have another set of rules, you dont judge them on their achievements but their determination and hardwork. Why the double standards? You should be consistent. Are you saying our footballers dont have determination or dont work hard enough??

In badminton, every year like football, we invest our taxpayers money into the game. Now remove your goggles and ask yourself what have we achieved todate in badminton?? In our trophy cabinet, we dont have the Olympic gold, WC and the last time we won that Thomas Cup was a long time ago. Even countries like Denmark, Japan, England, and even the USA have either won the Olympic gold or the WC but for Malaysia ... still kosong. Like it or not, it is the results i.e. titles that counts at the end of the day, though you may console yourself in typical Boleh spirit with words like "they have determination and hardwork", "they are still young", "we must support them" etc etc. But do bear in mind, we are using taxpayers money here.

What do you mean by Europeans can maintain their strength even after their 30s??? :confused: Are you saying Europeans are superhumans or stronger than Asians?? :confused::confused: Dude, dont kid yourself please. It is all down to hard work and discipline. It has got nothing to do with race. And you seriously need to remove that goggles of yours.

6. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

btw, what u mean by spoon feed?
    in what sense? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I would like to suggest we debate with maturity and not resort to personal attacks.

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Gladly.

Look at our shuttlers and the Chinese or even the Danish shuttlers for example.

9. danielwong

Salesman

still cannot get what you mean..
    Sadly.....;););)

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well well...I have to admit Koo/Tan is probably one MD pair that attracts the most attention and controversies right now, regardless of whether they are losing or winning. It's barely 1 day++ since the thread was started by Oldhand and it's now in its 6th page already :eek:

No other pair can generate such a response :eek::rolleyes:

11. danielwong

Salesman

i think everybody can voice out whatever they like here?
    freedom of speech?
    even personal attacks to players by you as well????;););)

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Who sponsor/pay for the Malaysian team & shuttlers?
    Who sponsor/pay for the Chinese/Danish team & shuttlers?

Cant help you if you still cannot get what I mean?

13. danielwong

Salesman

everybody knows that....
    tell me something that I dunno
    like maybe K Toyol sponsored HH
    Chui Sui Lik sponsored LCW or WMC...
    or else whats wrong getting sponsor by who??
    ;););)

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You consider my criticism about BAM and the shuttlers' performance as personal attacks to the shuttlers??

You consider my comments about us not having won the big titles such as the Olympic gold or the WC as personal attacks to the shuttlers??

As such you feel it is justified to resort to personal attacks on me?? And you call your actions, freedom of speech??

Err ... well, thats enlightening. Ok, if you want to act your shoe size than your age. Fine by me. Thank you.

15. danielwong

Salesman

if you say you never personal attacking any players, fine..
    thank you....
    i offer my apology....btw, my english is not good...

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes...i guess so...this is the pair tat have most topic in bc...:rolleyes:

17. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Caution

We've been through this before.

It's OK to discuss issues.
    It's not OK to discuss those discussing issues.

For those who don't get it:
    By 'issues', we mean 'topics related to badminton'.
    By 'those discussing issues', we mean 'our members'.

18. nauyuchi

nauyuchi Regular Member

yes badMania... i agree with u...
    so surprise with the growth of this thread... in half day it grew up to 5 pages... unbelievable

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

pemuda sponsored by K.Lingam:D:D:D
    haha..just joking..no hard feelings ya?:p

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

well, actually me and many other members i believe totally disagree with this thread:(:rolleyes: