pro's pro shuttle express instruction manual

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by m451h, Dec 17, 2010.

1. CovinaStringer

CovinaStringer Regular Member

Industrial Engineer/Stringer
    Eagnas seems to use the over produced parts of other machines. The Pro's Pro are definately more flashy than the Eagnas.

When you ordered from Arfaian, was the transaction pretty straight forward? A friend of mine wants to order the Automatic base clamps from Arfarian.

2. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Yup, it was a straight forward transaction. Is that not the case with Eagnas? Arfaian has very good customer service as well :)

3. CovinaStringer

It's the same with Eagnas, you order form the website and they ship it. Since Arfaian is in Germany (?), I'm not sure how the transaction goes, since you have to convert to Euros and Shipping overseas.

4. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    If you're ordering clamps, shipping cost ain't a big problem. The only downside will be the waiting time for the items to arrive. It took close to 3 or 4 weeks for the machine to arrive at my place here in Canada. If I can remember clearly, the Canadian customs held it for close to 2 weeks. Hopefully, this won't be the case down south the border lol

5. CovinaStringer

How did they ship it? EMS?

Getting back to your problem, does the handle just slip when you turn it?

6. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    If I'm not mistaken...it was some kinda express shipping. As far as I understand, if it was EMS, the customs won't hold it for too long. So, not in my case obviously as they charged me €46 for shipping for the machine.

Yup, it's come to the point where the handle just slips completely now. I can't even pull now. Sad, as my hands are kinda itchy now to string haha

It seems that it's a mere luck if one chooses to order from Eagnas. If one's lucky, he'll get a perfectly fine working machine.

7. CovinaStringer

Eagnas is not as bad as everyone who complains about them. Though the quality started to go downhill on some of the later ones made. If you know somone who owns a Eagnas crank and upgraded to a Wise 2086, you could probably borrow it until your replacement arrives.

Is there any kind of hole at the hub end of the handle you can tap a thread for a screw?

The other alternative is to use vise grips or use the handle on the other side of the crank.

8. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

maybe you refer to Maxline - Eagnas distributor for US market ... so far I have deal directly with Eagnas/Lilylee without any problem.

Could you take at look your machine ? is there any "AEF" word ?
    in Kwun's machine (Alpha Shuttle), it has that word.
    And I believe this Pro's Pro also came from that vendor ....
    If I'm not mistaken the crank of this Shuttle Express is smaller than normal crank.

9. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    Can you not use the crank mount on the other side, or is it on the handle that has worn down?

10. CovinaStringer

I was talking about Eagnas in general, which is distributed by Maxline in the US. Many of it's factory cousins are re-branded versions of the Eagnas machines. Though most complain about the bad Customer Service from Maxline, the quality of Eagnas has significantly dropped, since moving most of thier production to mainland China. I had a Flex 940 that was made in 2006, and a friend had the same machine made in 2008. The difference in quality was incredible, the later models are just poorly made.

Rarely do you see an exact Eagnas model to it's factory cousin. I beleive the ST-200 and ST-250 are very similar. The Alpha Shuttle Express is probably closer.
    [​IMG]

11. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

OK noted ...

Alpha Shuttle was made by AEF and Eagnas has similar model ST-170 (not published in the official website yet, but someone ever put the picture in this forum) and the price is less than one Yonex JP racket.

AEF : www.aefsports.com from Xiamen, China. They have 2 version, one with hold-down, and one with suspension support.

here the review by Kwun : http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...EVIEW-Alpha-Shuttle-Express-Stringing-Machine
    and the word "AEF" on his machine :
    [​IMG]

12. CovinaStringer

I might have seen that Eagnas version of the Shuttle Express, but it's not sold in the US through Maxline.

13. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    The handle of the crank is all worn out. I think it's hard to imagine using vise grips to rotate the crank lol. Am not used to the other side of the crank. It'll be a big adjustment to work the machine using my left hand...haha

14. CovinaStringer

So the Axle hub is worn out? That's kinda wierd the only thing holding the crank to the hub is a ball spring. If it were me, I'd probably weld it on.

15. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Yup, it's worn out. Since Arfaian's after sales service ain't the greatest, Wise 2086 tension head is now my solution LOL :p

16. CovinaStringer

A $500+ solution. ;)
    How long have you had the machine? You could also try contacting Mark at Alpha, he might have parts for your crank since it probably made by the same manufacturer.

17. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Haha...$495 and free shipping to Canada, ain't too bad a deal from all the good news I read :)

18. CovinaStringer

Don't forget duty and VAT.

19. Chee_Khang

Chee_Khang Regular Member

Student
    I have got a Pro's pro shuttle express. Is my 1st stringing machine.

I have assemble it up. But I found out that the brake looks it is always there and the disc is hard to turn. Why is that?

Shouldnt the disc be moving freely when there are no strings?

How can I adjust that?

"
    A couple of other things that i have found with mine ... when i got it the brake wasn't adjusted properly, so the crank would slide up and down when it should have been locked out, and the fly off lever would hit the plastic case with a loud thwack. You can adjust it if needed by removing the soft rubber on the lever and the 3 screws on the pastic crank cover. Then you must adjust the nut on the end of the bolt so that the lever doesn't spring all the way back, i actually put two nuts on the bolt to lock it in place as it kept slipping, be careful not to over tighten the bolt or you might shear it off."

I saw this in previous post but I dont get the meaning of it.

Help Pls...

20. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    When you cock the lockout lever the tension head should slide up and down the rail fairly freely, at least when you turn the crank. When the lockout lever srings open the tension head should be completely locked, so it sounds like yours is either not engaging properly and you're able to move it when locked, or it's dragging on when it shouldn't. I *think* you can adjust the brake by turning the allen bolt through the hole in the plastic cover, but i've not tried it (i took the cover off and did it from the other side) so you might need to experiment.

Does it make a difference when it's locked out?