Wong Pei Tty & Chin Eei Hui

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ahwp1990, Jun 23, 2006.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Now I know why some people reach 10,000 posts... :rolleyes:

2. Koi^^

Koi^^ Regular Member

Chef
    Nice to see new faces for the WD doubles other than the Chinese girls

congrats to the Malaysian Ladies

been reading some interesting things here.. this is the first time i've heard of the 3g strategy...why bother to let the games reach the 3rd set on purpose. any athlete would be crazy to do that... win the 1st set... tire the opponents on the 2nd then lose/ or conserve energy (?) on the second set then take the 3rd set by storm

and against strong opponents? come on.. if the opponents are really strong..what makes them sure that they will get the first match..and if the opponents are really strong ( China, Korea wd) i bet their stamina is as good as the two Malaysian girls..

the only strategy/ option they should have is to give it their all and be consistent. Win it as fast and as hard as they can..fight for every point.

3. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    congratulations to WPT/CEH
    our defence is too good...
    going left and right
    but smash, too bad like water pistol
    while china is AK47..
    maybe they should work on this area...

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    nope...their performance is better in FO final...against og gold medalist...:(...
    i blast their 15++ unforce error is expect too high???:rolleyes:...please reconsider ur comment on me...;)

i didnt agree with kak pjswift opinion...anyhow...not many years this pair can stand...hmm...3 years i think...:rolleyes:

5. badylife

badylife Regular Member

i mean ur expectation is high for them to win this CO la.haha.dono y u always misunderstand my statement. anywa let d past be past.focus on HO now.n congrats wong/chin will be world no 2 this week :)

6. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Wong/Chin just made too many unforced errors and lost to a more determined pair named ZYW/ZTT. Furthermore, it's always not easy to beat a Chinese pair/player in China.

These two pairs will potentially face off again in SF of HK Open this week. Let's see if Wong/Chin can avenge if they were to meet again.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...i still think they have the ability to win this...after saw how they face og gold medalist in FO final...;)...just...they gifted the match to better opponent...

hehe...agree to uncle robin...hehe...hope they can win...and not disapoint me again...:(

8. fivetwosix

fivetwosix Regular Member

sports journalist + academic
    Hmmm, this result shouldn't be surprising at all, C/W beat Z/Z very narrowly in French semis (11-21, 21-16, 18-21) and Pei Tty said it was the first time they were playing against the new Z/Z partnership which gave them the edge to squeeze past them.

So this is only their second encounter, which will make it a very open match still and I doubt either pair is more confident than the other. If there is anything certain, it should be celebrating C/W's consistency for getting into 3 back-to-back SS' finals. :)

9. badylife

badylife Regular Member

ic.when did pei ttty say that 1st time they play vs ztt/zyw?in rtm1? ya,let's celebrate w/c conststency and hope that they continue to be consistent.i think so far oni them n lcw is very consistent.who would have thought that w/c will win DO n reach 3 consectuive SS finals.hope they improve more.wana c them do well in MO

10. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

good to c our ladies double have improve tremendously and it will be good for our future Uber cup

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha...future uber cup???the most...they can help for 2 uber cup only...;)

12. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

congrats to w/c.indeed they are consistent.though they lost, but they nvr give up. they shld minimised their errors which always cost them the dear title in JO,FO,n CO.if they x commit so many errors,they have won 4 SS title d.nway hope they look into that n improve.now they can return flick serve which is gd compare 2 in JO n FO.btw, i think they are really njoying badminton now.when ceh cant return d shot after a long rally,she just smile n so does rexy.they look very relax n i was surprised that rexy was not nervous even when they were trailing.all d best to the new world no2 this week

13. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I managed to contact the Events Executive and the following was the reply from him:

Note: Only 4 rounds were played in WD in China Masters.

14. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

"Please advise your relationship to the player / pair concerned for BWF record purposes." - Wow, Robin, they must be thinking you're the manager or family, haha.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for sharing a bit of info..

..wow, thanks for the report; so i guess you were there chatting with or interviewing them during the recent French Open. Are you a reporter or a journalist of some sort??...We'd love to hear more from your wealth of knowledge about the players!:cool::)

16. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I saw that. I was just telling him I'm just a normal member of BC.

Another question I asked him was "Why can't BWF update the ranking points on every Monday?" Guess what what did he say?

17. snowflake

snowflake Regular Member

not enough manpower?:confused:

18. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    His reply.........
    "All tennis matches finish on Sunday as well. If ATP and WTA can do it by Monday, why can't BWF?", I asked.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    thanks...uncle robin...hehe...looks like uncle robin is a big character here:eek:

agree...uncle robin...please say...have member in bc to apply job for tat...:p...ask one month salary how much???:D

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LOL, yup, ask the BWF guy, what would be the salary. Sandy or Kwun can come up with a software that can automatize the WR calculations :D:D:p:p