Victor Racquet Spira 21

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by BengGuan, Dec 31, 2009.

1. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    nice... :) congratz :) dont forget to give us ur review on the racket

2. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I own SP21 3U since 14 months ago (about 3 months after first released), and i used it only very few times. First impression before trying it on court was excellent painting job & it got me too excited to try! Then time for first-time action came, but the feeling of racket was a little off. It didn't even take me 10 minutes before i changed back to my other rackets & felt disappointing having bought it already. The power was indeed there, it's quite fast-manuverable too for defensive. BUT i personally felt something was off with the racket (it feels like the racket was running wild on its own!.. maybe because the "spira" technology on the shaft, making it as wild as the hurricane). It didn't feel right with the stability. I lent it to my girlfriend whom always using BS11 4U, she didn't like it either after few hits. I lend it to few of my friends but all of them switched back to their low-end rackets despite that time SP21 was quite hi-end & new on market & i told them to use it until the string snap!

Now the shop i purchased SP21, they clearance-sale all low-end Victor rackets, together with SP21 & SP22 because apparently they have been sitting there for too long and nobody seems to want it.

Well, that's my personal opinion about SP21.

3. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Interesting. Paul Stewart's story is different. But anyway; for my style of I do not need much precision. My purpose is to put the shuttle down deep and fast in a double attacking game without much difficulty. I got it for good price, so thought of buying.

4. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    imho, i think this racket doesnt suits singles game... more like double from court player who prefer placement instead of power... it does generate powerful smashes, but to be fair, the racket is a mixture of power and placement... maybe that's is why it didnt popular for player whom emphasize on power or placement coz this racket sits in the middle of both... that's my personal view... :)

#204 TheSmasherKing, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  5. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Got the 3U G3 Spira 21 in 2 days! Free shipping. Tested for 10-15 mins. Did not play any game. Feels good in hand, stable, fast... as people have already described. Did not feel any vibration, that is what I wanted. Because the T200 is destroying my joints. I liked the power. Easy to use compare to 3U VT80.

The paint job is different in the 3/9 o'clock position. It has 'AERODYNAMIC' written on two sides! Not 'Aerodynamics frame' + the yellow design, which I see in the photos posted in Web.

Looks like the racket is not fake. I have DEF code engraved and got it form the reputed store. The bottom cap is blue with white Victor logo and TIWAN at the bottom.

Overall I liked the racket.

6. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Photo of SP21

There is a difference in the lettering - AERODYNAMIC instead of Aerodynamic Frame.
    The shaft got cracked after playing for 3 hr in 3 days. The grip is also falling apart. The racket lost stiffness significantly. I do not know what is happening.

Attached Files:

7. Benito

Benito Regular Member

I had the same problem with my Spira 21 : after 3h of play, little cracks appeared at the bottom part of the shaft (near the "gold ring") And after 15h, the shaft cracked :
    [​IMG]
    I sent it back the the manufacturer, they'll recontact me soon...

8. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

@ Benito

How long you are waiting to hear from the manufacturer? Are you contacting directly to Victor or the shop/distributor?

I wrote an email to the online shop for a replacement. I hope they will reply me back.

9. Benito

Benito Regular Member

I contacted the French distributor and he said me he will send the racket to Victor. Now, I've been waiting for 1 week and I have to wait approximatively 1 week more according to what the distributor said me.
    The racket broke while I was preparing a forehand drive, I've never seen it before Oo

10. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Thanks for the info. I hope the distributor replies me back ASAP, like the way they did when I was buying the racket. I have never heard that racket breaks after a forehand drive. This is ridiculous. They sell defective items. We pay so much and get a faulty item, then we wait for their analysis! This is my first Victor racket and I am totally disappointed.

11. Benito

Benito Regular Member

This is my first Victor racket too but I buy a SW 37 which is healthy and really impressive! ^_^ I think Spira 21 have some problems, perhaps too stiff, definitively not a success.

12. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

fake victor spira 21?

as i have shown in my previous posts that there is a difference in the lettering in my sp 21. i have only aerodynamic (in capital) written in the frame, not the usual "aerodynamic frame" + the round yellow symbol beside it. the racket showed cracks in just 3 hr of use. not getting any response from the dealer. is this racket a fake one?

13. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

from the looks of things, the spiral shaft design maybe suffering from earlier material fatigue.

Bentio,
    good to see your sw37 is still going strong :)

14. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

In other stores the price for SP21 is $185. I got it for $109. Not getting any response from the seller - phone & emails. It is making me belive that I got a counterfeit item.

15. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    well, i think it's awkward to see ur spira21 has only AERODYNAMIC word printed on its frame... usually it will have 'aerodynamic frame' with small alphabets... at 1st, i tot it's another 2nd gen spira 21 (same case as bs09 which has the word brave sword in 1st gen and sword in 2nd gen)... but since spira 21 had been removed from the official website, i doubt it has 2nd gen... and i also not sure if it's a fake racket (even there's still possibility for that to happen)... maybe u should ask the expert regarding this matter or to the seller/distributor for confirmation...

16. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

even counterfeit i dont think it will broke like that ,i think its batch or material problem by victor hehee

17. whaithukhe

whaithukhe Regular Member

IT consultant
    SP21 is very good racket, but under rated especially in SG, currently I'm using SP21 as my main racket beside BS10. I also using VT80, MX80, SW35, SW37, SP22, BS168, TC700 and N50ii. I like to play with many different racket in one session, mostly I bring 5 difference rackets and SP21 always one of them. I like to use my wrist and finger a lot during the game, maybe SP21 suit my style :).

18. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    agree with u on this... sp21 is a good racket n it's 1 of my main racket when i play (even my bs09 n sw37 fall behind sp21)...and cant deny this racket is under rated... it suits my game..

19. Benito

Benito Regular Member

Nothing new from Victor's after-sales service since one month... Did someone else have problem with Victor Spira 21?

20. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

I did not get any response from the seller badminton warehouse. so it is a loss.