APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. singchaii

singchaii Regular Member

Car Technician
    Don't like the string also must like. Cause it really hard for me to change the string every month.. Expensive... :crying:

2. hellojeffo

hellojeffo Regular Member

Undergrad
    Hahaha.. singchaii, then you are just like me.. dun like also must like LOL....

At least I have a small small stringing business, so can afford to change strings a little more :p

3. singchaii

singchaii Regular Member

Car Technician
    wah.. You know how to string is better.. I wish I know how to string my racket as well... :D

4. hellojeffo

Undergrad
    Ya, actually stringing is easy, just the starting cost a bit high, so string for friends, then once the cost come back, then ok adi....

5. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi hellojeffo,

Waw! you also string rackets too?
    I would like to learn to string too.

What are the average cost for string a racket in Malaysia/Singapore?
    What is the cost of starting stringing individually? Any advise on the pros and cons or tips. which machine etc

6. hellojeffo

Undergrad
    Yes yes. Well, as I am currently in Singapore studying, I'll talk about the cost in SG. I do it as a hobby and for my friends, and charge them a very minimal SGD4 for service, while the strings I will charge them at only a little bit more than cost. As I am not doing a business, I keep a very limited range of strings.

Machine wise, it's just a simple Eagnas two point drop weight machine I got from HK. I started using it for stringing tennis racquets, but now I do squash and badminton racquets as well.

Pros:
    -You get to choose the stringing pattern you like
    -You can have consistency, because you are the one stringing
    -Cheaper in the long run
    -Personal Satisfaction
    -You can do your own emergency stringing

Cons:
    -Expensive start-up cost. (I invested about SGD460 machine, and tools)
    -Need some capital for buying strings
    -Face the risk of spoiling customers' racquets
    -Need to spend time to know the business so you can make stringing recommendations to customers
    -If this is not your main business, it may be time consuming (i'm a student)
    -You tend to restring ur racquet more often than necessary :p

Tips:
    If you intend to start stringing for yourself, it would be worth reading up this forum to learn how to string first. Understand what strings are in the market, and how they play. Research on the machines available, and weigh the pros n cons of each.

Once you're in the business, the key is to be consistent and knowledgeable in your stringing.

7. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

thanks for the info ......

8. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

just try out AMP90....what i wan to say is..really a solid and great racket....my EdgeSaber10 and Wilson Ncode 9000 just sleeping in the bag for 2 hour =.=" nice offen and defen....accurate place ball and net play....easy to do clearing , base-to-base....nice nice...love this racket so much

stil need some time to adjust my backhand clear...sometime will miss out >.<

9. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    I just Tested the Apacs Furious 120 and 355.

Furious 120 is an armotec and muscle power merge.. apacs call it new technology.

the racket is very solid .. feel stable .. ( not as stable as yonex but still good enough)

speed wise it's slow compare to my arcsaber 10 . it' swing alot slower but still does generated power.

The furious 355 is a just a muscle power clone... solid racket again ... i assuming that Furious series are pretty solid racket

the 350 feel very standard .. not sure how to say... it's feel more balace and heavy but it's not any more heavy than the 120 when i weighted it.

both this racket is around 91gram on the scale.

will update with more of my feeling of the racket when i use more of it.

10. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi hellojeffo,

Thanks for the info.
    Once I learn abit I might venture into getting myself a stringing machine and attempt at stringing.
    It sounds interesting and if nothing else keep me busy and another interest.

Can anyone advise on a list of stringing tools etc required to start?

As for APACS rackets,
    hellojeffo had contributed his personal experience/review on one of the APACS racket on page 60 and I wish there are more APACS fans to assist in this, maybe we should start a thread just to follow the "Personal experience/review" on rackets or just APACS rackets.

What do you all think?

I managed to lay my hand on an APACS Nano 7700 Power but I have not use a Yonex nanospeed 7700 so can't really compare the clone with the original but once I have a go, I can put up my opinion.

Like a lot of you, I am waiting for DinAlot review to be published and meantime if we can contribute into some format will assist those nebiw APACS fans.

see ya!!

11. AmourAce1000

AmourAce1000 Regular Member

marketing
    suggestion for string.

can you roughly give suggestion on , what brand of string n gauge size, tension, is best for a racquet to achieve high performance ( i mean, generally for medium level player)
    of course i know YONEX is the 1st choice for international standard. BG80, BG66, BG65..... widely use by pro-players. how about BG6??? some others brand, like RSL, Gosen, Apacs, Fleet.....
    any comment about this???

thank for reply

12. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

BG6 is the China-made equivalent of the BG66. I have never tried it personally but a few friends who did claimed it played the same as the BG66. I personally use the BG80 and will highly recommend that too. If you want fantastic repulsion, BG66 (or BG6) is likely the best. BG80 struck a good balance for me between good repulsion, slice control and durability. Check out Dink's string review on the string's forum.

13. soccer613

soccer613 Regular Member

EE
    Agree !! BG80

I agree BG80 seems to get the best combination for APACS racket. I remove NG95 and restrung with BG80 and surprisingly the control and power are quite different. I play much better with it.

14. chongkiatz

i stil like to stick with BG66...i like sharp =D

15. AmourAce1000

AmourAce1000 Regular Member

marketing
    BG66, gauge size is 0.66mm. i do felt this string can perform very sharp drop and smash, but it is a very slim string (compare BG80 or 65....), easily broke.

BG6, is more similar with BG65 ( both have size 0.70mm). both have same "hand feel" during stroke play. the only difference is the price...:D

haven't try BG80, so no comment for it.
    currently use APACS ELITE (1 is 0.66mm & 0.70mm ). the slim one make better "feel". but it sound weird ( YONEX BG66 had a sharp sound, Apacs sound like low tension feel).:confused:

RSL, tried once. broke after few strokes, i can't say it is bad quality, maybe others factor effect this. but, 1st time use end up with this reputation. :crying:

16. singchaii

singchaii Regular Member

Car Technician
    Are you sure that BG6 is 0.70mm? Cause I'm using BG6 and it 0.66mm...
    [​IMG]

#1076 singchaii, Oct 27, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  17. chongkiatz

as i know ...BG9 also 0.66mm...and my fren saying that BG9 = china and BG66 = japan

18. stevenngkl

stevenngkl Regular Member

Sales Manager
    BG6(china) = BG66

19. singchaii

singchaii Regular Member

Car Technician
    I thinking to remove my stock grip on my nano900 and replace with karakal PU grip. Do you think ti will effect the racket balance point?

20. xiaoxin22

xiaoxin22 Regular Member

has anyone tried Apacs Furious 665 Special Edition?? how issit?? couldn't find it anywhere in the internet...