Some concerns about stringing

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by ionoo, Oct 30, 2008.

1. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

Is it likely that a first time stringer will not know how to correctly string and so the racket will break? I only plan to string up to like 24 lbs right now. Or if I follow the simple directions (simple right for newbie?) chances of me ruining my racket or wasting the string is like < 10%?

How was your first stringing? Problems?

2. zeushi

zeushi Regular Member

recently started stringing as well, with enough research, careful procedures and common sense, its really not easy to break a racket.

but what kind of machine are you planning to string ur rackets with?

3. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

please do as much reading and video watching as possible to eliminate any chance to ruin your experience.

in general, you should not have any problem. you will definitely love the capability of doing this yourself.

still, recommend a 6-point machine.

4. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

Ya I plan to get a 6 pt machine based on the general consensus around the forum. But why are some machines more expensive.... is it the more expensive the less work you have to do or what. Better quality stringing? My price range is like 200-300 USD. What type of machine should I get besides 6 pt....
    -I'll need clamps
    -String
    -Machine
    -Racket(s)
    -?
    -?

I only really plan on stringing my own rackets. Seems much better getting a machine instead of coughing up $25 each time I wanna restring excluding gas money. Is that why people buy string machines other than learning to do something themselves?

#4 ionoo, Oct 30, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  5. zeushi

zeushi Regular Member

saving money is just my excuse to start stringing lol, however, i do get the money's worth if i break one racket per month for 3 years :D, not to mention stringing for friends on the side, should make it all back in no time.

now back to ur topic... Gamma, Alpha, Silent-partner are among the top recommended here... check it out and see which fit ur budget.

6. zeushi

zeushi Regular Member

btw right now no need to worry much about learning every part of a machine, once you get it you'll start to figure out what they do, its easier when you have the machine infront of ya.