JJS/LYD - Road to the WR #1

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by narnia, Dec 22, 2008.

1. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Hey, everyone here guesses.

I guessed LYD/SBC would go to the Final in AE 2009 and they actually advanced to the SF. They eventually surrendered it to their seniors; I don't know it's done intentionally or not.

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i think the ina pair might maybe know that this pair's defense is quite weak enough, SBC is not really good enough imo.
    thats why ina figure out the korean's weakness and keep jumping smash to gain points!:);)
    but if you really look at the WHOLE MATCH stats, not just the 3rd set, the korean's smash winner is more than the indonesians by just a single smash:D:rolleyes:

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hey george...not everyone is like lyd....sbc just 19...give him some time....

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i knew that;)
    u know what lyd had archived when he's 19? let narnia tell you this one:D:D

5. narnia

narnia Regular Member

I already told about SBC before. He's 19 and LYD is 20. :)

6. narnia

narnia Regular Member

2009 Swiss Open

LYD/SBC's dominating games against Alvent/Hendra
    the same scoring as JJS/LYD beat the same INA pair in 2009 MAS Open.

Does SBC have the same power with JJS? Or the INA pair has problem with Korean style?

Attached Files:

#286 narnia, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haiya....can u learn ur lesson????or u dont have another word to replace dominant?:crying:....

8. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Ok, I'll try to reflect your comments next. Thanks! :)

9. narnia

narnia Regular Member

As expected, SBC showed some inexperiences in senior stage. Nevertheless, the temporary partnership with LYD had huge fruits: 2009 German Open Winner, AE SFinalis, and SO SFinalis. That will be great assets for his career in his future. :)

10. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Continuing his tradition of being dominated, LYD and company once again got dominated and demolished in the 3rd set by the Danes pair. Maybe they need to start smashing a bit more? Or maybe KOR don't have the energy to do so and can only defend?

Attached Files:

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Psst....contrary to your statement, our resident KOR fan here claimed that the Danes were once again DOMINATED by the great LYD in the first 2 sets, before they turned on their smashing power, attacked the inexperienced SBC and won the rubber-set by luck ;)

12. badadum

badadum Regular Member

luck? If anything the KOR pair is lucky that the match didn't end in straight set defeat, just like what happened in their home court back in January (and that time, they've the experienced JJS helping LYD.....still same result though). :rolleyes:

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Lee Yong Dae/Shin Baek Cheol's sucess in the German Open GP and Hwang Ji Man/Han Sang Hoon's runner-up position in the All-England SS remain the only two notable mentions of KOR's 4 MD pairs in the 3 weeks European tour. The experimentation of breaking up Cho Gun Woo/Yoo Yeon Seong and Kwon Yi Goo/Ko Sung Hyun failed big time as the new pairs lost early in ALL 3 tourneys

Lee Yong Dae/Shin Baek Cheol
    Winner in the German Open GP
    Semi-Finalists in the All-England and Swiss SS -- lost to Hwang Ji Man/Han Sang Hoon and Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen respectively.

Hwang Ji Man/Han Sang Hoon
    Lost to Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun in the All-England Final.
    R32 -- lost to Gan Teik Chai/Tan Bin Shen in the German Open GP and Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen in Swiss SS.

Cho Gun Woo/Ko Sung Hyun
    R32 and R16 -- lost in straight-sets to the rising Japanese pair Kenichi Hayakawa/Kenta Kazuno TWICE in a row in the All-England SS and Swiss SS.
    R16 -- lost to Lee Yong Dae/Shin Baek Cheol in the German Open GP.

Kwon Yi Goo/Yoo Yeon Seong
    R16 -- lost to Robert Blair/Anthony Clark in the German Open GP, Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun in All-England SS and Nathan Robertson/Anthony Clark in Swiss SS.

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I am sure our resident KOR fan will direct anyone who dares to oppose his views to watch the videos yet again :D Dare to bet?

15. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Thanks a lot guys for your interests in KOR's new partnerships. Keep going with your discussions. All opinions welcome! :)

16. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Luck? I hardly believe such thing called 'luck' exist in sport.
    If there's luck, Indonesian national football team have won FIFA World Cup once, at least.
    In reality? Always crashes in the 1st round of qualification stage!:p

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

You are welcome :) We are always keeping an eye on what's new with our traditional rivals in MD (Korea, Malaysia, Denmark, and China). Thanks too for your concern for Hendra Setiawan and INA's other MD pairs. I believe Coach Sigit Pamungkas knows what's lacking in these young INA MD pairs and hopefully, with more match experiences against top pairs, Bona/Ahsan, Rian/Yoke, and Edo/Lingga can mature faster into top 5 pairs. So that we don't have to rely on Kido/Hendra alone to rise to the occassion :eek: Well, at least Bona/Ahsan are now World No 8 ;)

I believe all INA fans will not dispute the fact that Lee Yong Dae is a great talent and one asset that Korea will probably enjoy for the next 10 years. However, besides him and his partner (whoever he maybe), the other MD pairs are at best decent (esp after they are reformed). Coach Ha will probably best stick to the original pairing of Cho Gun Woo/Yoo Yeon Seong and Kwon Yi Goo/Ko Sung Hyun after the failed experiments this time round.

Remember also that Hwang Ji Man/Han Sang Hoon IS NOT a new pair! They had been a pair during 2004-2006 before they were split up after the WC 2006. Hwang with Lee Jae Jin and Han to focus in XD with Lee Hyo Jung. So, despite a runner-up position in the All-England this year, I don't think they can pose threats to the top pairs as Gan Teik Chai/Tan Bin Shen, Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun or Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen have shown in the past 3 weeks. Coach Sigit Pamungkas will not lose sleep over this pair. But, I am sure, he will coach his MD pairs so that they can make Lee Yong Dae work harder in the next encounters :)

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    badmania...gan/tan is a top pairs????:confused::eek:...

19. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Nah, he was just saying that HJM/HSH is not a threat to top pairs, considering the way they were beaten by gan/tan, etc. ;)

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well, originally, I only wrote 2 pairs....but when I checked the German Open result, I realised that they were beaten by Gan/Tan as well, so, I included their names as well :eek: